LA-Targoz: Edwards 50%, Rispone 46% (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 03, 2024, 07:04:28 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections
  2023 & Odd Year Gubernatorial Election Polls (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  LA-Targoz: Edwards 50%, Rispone 46% (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: LA-Targoz: Edwards 50%, Rispone 46%  (Read 7110 times)
ElectionsGuy
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: 7.10, S: -7.65

P P
« on: November 15, 2019, 01:58:03 PM »

If they were off by as much as they were in Mississippi, it's going to be Rispone +0.5. But, their proportion of early voters in their poll is low (20%) while the early voters seem overly Dem even with the data we've seen (those two things cancel, roughly). Since this is Targoz, I would say this makes Rispone more likely to win than anything lol. But, they could be right for once.
ElectionsGuy
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: 7.10, S: -7.65

P P
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2019, 02:32:58 PM »

If they were off by as much as they were in Mississippi, it's going to be Rispone +0.5. But, their proportion of early voters in their poll is low (20%) while the early voters seem overly Dem even with the data we've seen (those two things cancel, roughly). Since this is Targoz, I would say this makes Rispone more likely to win than anything lol. But, they could be right for once.

Am I reading this correctly? Because if 20% of voters are early and 80% are ED, then the support levels in the poll figures above would add up to JBE 49% (30% EV and 70% ED give JBE 50% exactly).

30-35% of voters being EV seems more realistic based on what I've seen (could be higher if overall turnout is lower than 2015).

I just did some quick math based on what their statement said (165 early/803 total = 20.5%). If the 165 are in addition to the 803 total, then that makes even less sense.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies