Have you ever been to a concert/show that had more females than males? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 30, 2024, 10:55:26 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Have you ever been to a concert/show that had more females than males? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Have you ever been to a concert/show that had more females than males?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 15

Author Topic: Have you ever been to a concert/show that had more females than males?  (Read 1391 times)
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« on: August 03, 2012, 11:05:56 AM »

Despite the jokes people make about my shows here, yes I have at least once. It had kind of an odd lineup, it was like:

Pop punk
Post-rock
Noise rock (3/4 female)
Riot Grrl (headlining)

The last band probably being the reason why. But it was probably about 60% female in attendence.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2012, 11:21:45 AM »

Oh yeah I also saw Something Corporate and Yellowcard when I was 20, that too might qualify.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2012, 10:24:12 PM »

What the f**k is that?

Probably, iunno, I don't really pay attention. Most of the shows I've been too always seemed pretty even, no more than 60-40 one way or the other.

For the record that's usually the case with the shows I go to, the idea that they are almost all male from the videos posted is usually because those videos focus on the people agressively dancing up front, who are disproportionally male.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2012, 11:44:25 PM »

Sure.

Performances of madrigals. Which are (frequently) a capella (generally) polyphonic songs (generally) dating from the 16th and 17th centuries.

Yeah, I could see that would attract more females. And is certainly not my thing.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2012, 02:35:06 AM »

I've also seen female Japanese rock singers in concert a couple of times, and those tend to have non-Japanese fanbases that split between about 50-50 and 60-40 girls.

Do you think that would apply to these Japanese girls? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-_JyVXVpLZk
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2012, 01:10:21 PM »
« Edited: August 05, 2012, 01:14:05 PM by They Move on Tracks of Never-Ending Light »

dead0man is quite un-scene with that attitude.

Lots of good indie rock and pop punk bands have a lot of female fans, so do "trendy" hardcore bands like La Dispute. Girls also seem to really like that genre that is basically "pop hardcore" a lot, bands like Fireworks, Polar Bear Club, Transit, The Wonder Years, Living With Lions, etc.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2012, 04:14:44 PM »

So do you like that pop hardcore stuff? Like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aYwgB4n1Wfk
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-R8CrQ8bYi8

The thing though is I don't see you as the type of person to really enjoy this at shows, which is mostly what the whole point of it is. I have a tough time imagining you doing a lot of jumping and crowding around the frontman screaming when he puts the mic in the crowd, and are probably more likely to run from than catch crowdsurfs. The main reason people like to go to shows of this type so much regardless of how into the bands they are is because of the dancing.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2012, 04:16:27 PM »

I now wonder what girls who are into ballet or modern dance or whatever would think of such a show and if they'd consider dancing in that manner to be below them.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies