Ocasio-Cortez and Sanders stumps in Kansas for progressive House candidates (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 20, 2024, 01:26:22 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Ocasio-Cortez and Sanders stumps in Kansas for progressive House candidates (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Ocasio-Cortez and Sanders stumps in Kansas for progressive House candidates  (Read 2556 times)
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« on: July 22, 2018, 09:48:06 AM »
« edited: July 22, 2018, 11:00:49 AM by Invisible Obama »

Isnt it a little soon for AOC to be out stumping for other candidates. Like, I get her campaigning for Nixon. But maybe she should focus on winning her own district once or twice before she goes off to Kansas.

It is far too soon to start campaign for others when you aren't even officially in Congress.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2018, 03:03:13 PM »

Isnt it a little soon for AOC to be out stumping for other candidates. Like, I get her campaigning for Nixon. But maybe she should focus on winning her own district once or twice before she goes off to Kansas.

It is far too soon to start campaign for others when you aren't even officially in Congress.

To be fair, Obama was campaigning for other Democrats during the summer of 2004, long before he was elected senator.

Obama wasn't a political novice who stumbled over policy questions and didn't make videos talking about how big his primary victory was. Just a matter of opinion for me.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2018, 08:40:40 AM »

To be fair, Obama was campaigning for other Democrats during the summer of 2004, long before he was elected senator.

Obama wasn't a political novice who stumbled over policy questions and didn't make videos talking about how big his primary victory was. Just a matter of opinion for me.

Obama was also called inexperienced and a political novice by both sides up until he won in 2008, but it seems that for you, anyone that doesn't buy into the establishment playbook is a "novice".

The "establishment" paranoia has become more than annoying. Her issue positions aren't the problem, it's her stuttering over policy questions and horrible attitude. Obama never behaved the way that she has and had good political acumen.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2018, 08:57:22 AM »

Why would she not use her high profile to help others? Especially when she will need allies in the House to advance her agenda.
You didn't see Stacey Abrams bragging about how she crushed Stacey Evans, did you?

That is a false analogy. AOC has done nothing of the sort, and has only talked about Crowley in fear, rather than in pettiness.

I agree with RFKFan68, why not let her campaign for others who will share her values and help grow a wing of the party? There is nothing to lose here and everything to gain.

That is clear bragging.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2018, 09:48:07 PM »

There were quite a few Democrats who won big in legislative special elections that didn't really harp on the size of their win. You win for the people and an agenda not personal bragging rights. That aside, Maxine Waters is a lot different than Ocasio-Cortez in terms of work style and I doubt the two will get along in Congress because Waters is probably too "centrist" for Ocasio-Cortez. The only person she is like in Congress is Sanders and that is it.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2018, 10:10:29 PM »

Yes, that's what happened in New York. It's why AOC won. The people liked her policies more than Crowley, despite how much money and endorsements he had. They liked it so much better that they sent him packing to the tune of a 15-point defeat.
You must be logged in to read this quote.

What is AOC's work-style? You don't think she mixes drinks the way Maxine will like them?

Yes, gun-grabbing straight-talking Cuba-loving ICE-abolishing Maxine Waters is too centrist for AOC. She's been a boogeyman for the right (see: this absurdly racist article from 2000) and basically the template for urban lefty for nearly two decades, and was even endorsed by the DSA in 1996.

Also, evidence for your assertion that the only person she likes in Congress is Bernie please.

I feel like I am through the looking glass here. I've seen more liberal bellyaching about AOC over the last five weeks than literally anyone else. The only thing I have to compare it to is the early spring of 2016 when twitter libs were freaking out about Bernie Sanders when he still had a shot at winning the nomination before New York came and destroyed those dreams.
Being gracious after winning can take you a long way, but everyone has their own personal style and they are entitled to it.

Maxine Waters endorsed and supported Hillary Clinton. That is a big no no for AOC types and all they need to claim someone is too corporate or too centrist.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies