Ocasio-Cortez and Sanders stumps in Kansas for progressive House candidates (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 30, 2024, 11:38:58 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Ocasio-Cortez and Sanders stumps in Kansas for progressive House candidates (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Ocasio-Cortez and Sanders stumps in Kansas for progressive House candidates  (Read 2565 times)
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« on: July 22, 2018, 11:04:05 AM »

Isnt it a little soon for AOC to be out stumping for other candidates. Like, I get her campaigning for Nixon. But maybe she should focus on winning her own district once or twice before she goes off to Kansas.

It is far too soon to start campaign for others when you aren't even officially in Congress.

To be fair, Obama was campaigning for other Democrats during the summer of 2004, long before he was elected senator.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2018, 03:09:59 PM »

Isnt it a little soon for AOC to be out stumping for other candidates. Like, I get her campaigning for Nixon. But maybe she should focus on winning her own district once or twice before she goes off to Kansas.

It is far too soon to start campaign for others when you aren't even officially in Congress.

To be fair, Obama was campaigning for other Democrats during the summer of 2004, long before he was elected senator.

Obama wasn't a political novice who stumbled over policy questions and didn't make videos talking about how big his primary victory was. Just a matter of opinion for me.

Yeah, I agree that Ocasio-Cortez seems to be an asshole, and campaigning not only out of district but out of state does nothing to change that perception.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2018, 09:22:11 AM »

You don't like her because she's from a different wing of the Democratic party. That's fine, but don't go around looking for dumb pretexts.

You used to be a good poster Antonio. Tone down your hysteria.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2018, 05:52:10 PM »

*AOC landslides one of the most powerful Democrats in Washington by more than fifteen points who had literally the entire establishment behind him as well as millions more dollars*

"God, why is she bragging?!?!"

A little humility never hurt anybody. I don't remember Doug Jones or Connor Lamb bragging after their wins.
As a matter of fact the only politician off the top of my head who has showed similar behavior is Trump.

Also, let's not forget that when asked in a debate if she would support Crowley in case he won she refused to answer. That's a totally dickish move no matter what the politics of the district.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2018, 01:25:03 AM »

*AOC landslides one of the most powerful Democrats in Washington by more than fifteen points who had literally the entire establishment behind him as well as millions more dollars*

"God, why is she bragging?!?!"

A little humility never hurt anybody. I don't remember Doug Jones or Connor Lamb bragging after their wins.
Doug Jones barely beat an openly racist pedophile who was all but disavowed from his national party. Conor Lamb barely beat a complete and utter idiot who wanted to engage in class warfare against most of his potential constituents. Neither of those races were resounding victories, neither of them merited bravado, both Lamb and Jones were favored immediately before the election while AOC was thought to have little chance. Neither of their victories are even remotely on the scale of what AOC did.

Dude, these people won in places where Democrats had no business winning. The fact that their opponents had flaws doesn't diminish their feats and saying that Ocasio's win was more difficult is absurd. At the end of the day she won a primary where both candidates were Democrats, and was a pretty civil affair.

Ocasio-Cortez seems poised to become the new Pete Stark when it comes to character: a liberal champion, but also a very disagreeable person.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies