GA-SEN 2020 Class III Megathread: She Who Loeffs Last (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 22, 2024, 11:26:09 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  GA-SEN 2020 Class III Megathread: She Who Loeffs Last (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Who will Brian Kemp appoint as Johnny Isakson’s successor?
Nathan Deal

Casey Cagle

Geoff Duncan

Brad Raffensperger

Chris Carr

Karen Handel

Rob Woodall

Doug Collins

Austin Scott

Drew Ferguson

Nick Ayers

Buddy Carter

Barry Loudermilk

Tom Price

Newt Gingrich

Jody Hice

Saxby Chambliss

Hunter Hill

Rick Allen

Brian Kemp

Tom Graves

Other

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 117

Author Topic: GA-SEN 2020 Class III Megathread: She Who Loeffs Last  (Read 81767 times)
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« on: September 21, 2020, 01:26:12 PM »

So just looking through the numbers, Loeffler + Collins seems to be polling higher than Perdue. Is some kind of random noise, or are there some Ossoff-Loefller voters out there for some reason? Why is anyone splitting their ticket at all, much less in this direction?
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2020, 09:23:06 PM »

Clearly, Loeffler is a scholar lending her support to the idea that the Huns were the descendants of the Xiongnu, who fought China in earlier ancient times.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Origin_of_the_Huns#History_of_the_idea_of_Xiongnu_origins
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2020, 08:46:18 PM »

I mean, you have to get to the runoff before you can win it, but all this "most conservative Senator" nonsense seems like it would be laying poor groundwork for January.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2020, 08:09:56 PM »

Serious question, is Loeffler throwing this on purpose? Does she honestly think she's going to beat Warnock in January?

What does she think the political environment of 2 months of Lame Duck Trump is going to be like?
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2020, 07:41:23 PM »

Serious question, is Loeffler throwing this on purpose? Does she honestly think she's going to beat Warnock in January?

What does she think the political environment of 2 months of Lame Duck Trump is going to be like?

Democrats usually have lower turnout for runoffs, no?

Maybe, but suburban Georgians don't want to be represented by someone who claims to be the most conservative and most Trumpy Senator. Warnock's path to victory doesn't solely rely on a huge black turnout.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2020, 09:25:43 PM »

Democrats usually have lower turnout for runoffs, no?

Maybe, but suburban Georgians don't want to be represented by someone who claims to be the most conservative and most Trumpy Senator. Warnock's path to victory doesn't solely rely on a huge black turnout.

Georgia's shift to the left has been due to a combination of these factors: high black turnout paired with the Democratic trend among college-educated suburbanites. Stacey Abrams made massive gains in the Atlanta Metropolitan Area, and Biden, Warnock, and Ossoff will need to build on those gains to win the state. The polls indicate that they are doing so.

Yep. Loeffler's not playing to win in modern Georgia.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2020, 12:12:12 PM »

The way I see it Biden wins the state by 1-2% or so and both GA-R and GA-S go to a runoff (with Ossoff getting very close to 50%+1 in November but no cigar). If Republicans pull off an upset in one of NC/ME/MI and hold the other competitive races (big if), Senate control will then come down to the January runoff elections in Georgia, and it won’t be pretty.

Trump's actions in November and December will make the Republican brand so toxic, that Democrats will win either runoff. Republicans better pray Perdue gets over 50 in November if they want to hold that seat.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2020, 04:22:53 PM »

God I hope Warnock can get up to 50% because I really don't think we can win any runoff scenario

The runoff will largely depend on how stupid Trump acts in November, December, and January.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2020, 03:32:57 PM »

Am I the only one who is pretty optimistic about a Warnock win in a runoff?
Keep in mind that Trump will still be in office, and the GOP will likely be heavily fractured as Trump goes on a scorched Earth campaign against literally everyone because he is a manchild.
If Trump somehow wins....that just incentivized Democrats to get out and vote more.

No, I also have Warnock winning for the same reason. Georgia is a purple state who might even vote for Biden. They don't want a far right nutjob or someone who falsely claims to be one. They don't want someone who brags about how Trumpy she is or someone who literally does join campaign events with QAnon. I think Warnock is Lean D against Collins and Likely D against Loeffler, and that's not even considering how Trump may behave between November and January.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2020, 03:41:02 PM »

It's political malpractice that Loeffler hasn't been asked about QAnon yet.

She was in the debate and claimed not to know what QAnon is
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #10 on: November 04, 2020, 10:31:15 PM »

So Lieberman came in 5th, nearly 200,000 votes behind another Democrat named Deborah Jackson.

And Ed Tarver came in ... 15th place?!? Should I be surprised by both of these?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies