Joe Biden 2020 campaign megathread v3 (pg 45 - mass-dropout aftermath)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 04, 2024, 02:56:48 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Joe Biden 2020 campaign megathread v3 (pg 45 - mass-dropout aftermath)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 49 50 51 [52] 53 54 55 56 57 58
Author Topic: Joe Biden 2020 campaign megathread v3 (pg 45 - mass-dropout aftermath)  (Read 91915 times)
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1275 on: March 04, 2020, 02:29:58 AM »

Does anyone have the video of that rally where Biden received endorsements from Klobuchar and Buttigieg?

Furthermore, does anyone have the video of his Super Tuesday speech?

I hear from this thread that both of them were good. I'd like to watch them.
We Live in Black and White
SvenTC
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.81, S: -6.82

« Reply #1276 on: March 04, 2020, 02:31:35 AM »

I'm all for a progressive VP - we just can't sacrifice other helpful elements in a VP candidate (female, minority, and/or young) to do it. I'd back Baldwin, though someone like Cortez Masto may be better if we're running a Sun Belt play.

The Democratic party cannot afford to spit in progressives' faces once more.
Don't you get it? They will see the results of tonight as an affirmation of the idea that we don't matter. The VP is more likely to be a Romney or Kasich than an olive branch to the left.

I'm personally giving Sanders voters a week for these kinds of posts because I feel bad for you guys, but this doom and gloom stuff really needs to end by then.

Just wait until the myth of Biden's GE viability starts to collapse in, oh, a few days.
Anti Democrat Democrat Club
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1277 on: March 04, 2020, 02:53:04 AM »

Fantastic primary performance, ladies and gentlemen. You got us by even more than you all expected, although the warning signs were sitting right in front of us (especially in Minnesota). The schedule looks like even more of a disaster coming up, especially with my campaign's weakness in the Midwest, but this must feel tremendous for you all. I expected it to be a Bernie vs. Biden race, even after Nevada, but I didn't expect Biden to win so commandingly.

If you're not familiar with my previous posts, I used to be an Obama hack like most of the red avatars here. I called Joe Lieberman Fredo for years for opposing the public option. I got frustrated with Obama's pivot to the center in his first few years, but gave my heart to electing him and worked my ass off until the moment he left office. Call it nostalgia or wishful thinking, but I feel like everything's going to be fine, even with Biden at the helm.

And once it's looking even more likely (maybe in a few weeks when AZ/IL vote), I'll fight for y'all with the same energy I fought for Bernie. If you don't like me after that, you'll warm up to me once I'm on your side.
Panhandle Progressive
politicaljunkie
United States

« Reply #1278 on: March 04, 2020, 06:35:45 AM »
« Edited: March 04, 2020, 06:45:41 AM by President Pence? Rly? »

Does anyone have the video of that rally where Biden received endorsements from Klobuchar and Buttigieg?

Pete endorsing Biden https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XYCZVj_WLSs

Amy, Beto endorsing Biden (Entirety) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WVFZ4_g_6GU

Biden ST speech (including misguided protesters) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YnE9kKeOyTg
Panhandle Progressive
politicaljunkie
United States

« Reply #1279 on: March 04, 2020, 07:29:06 AM »

Chris Cillizza's winners and losers from Super Tuesday (Excellent for Biden)

https://www.cnn.com/2020/03/04/politics/super-tuesday-winners-losers/index.html
Vaccinated Russian Bear
Russian Bear
Junior Chimp
« Reply #1280 on: March 04, 2020, 07:33:56 AM »

Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1281 on: March 04, 2020, 08:20:43 AM »

I'm all for a progressive VP - we just can't sacrifice other helpful elements in a VP candidate (female, minority, and/or young) to do it. I'd back Baldwin, though someone like Cortez Masto may be better if we're running a Sun Belt play.

The Democratic party cannot afford to spit in progressives' faces once more.
Don't you get it? They will see the results of tonight as an affirmation of the idea that we don't matter. The VP is more likely to be a Romney or Kasich than an olive branch to the left.

I'm personally giving Sanders voters a week for these kinds of posts because I feel bad for you guys, but this doom and gloom stuff really needs to end by then.

Just wait until the myth of Biden's GE viability starts to collapse in, oh, a few days.

We exist in a universe where the president is a reality-tv actor whose prior career was being the real-estate developer equivalent of Saul Goodman.  Anyone is viable.
riceowl
riceowl315
YaBB God

« Reply #1282 on: March 04, 2020, 08:29:34 AM »

Welp, I donated.
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #1283 on: March 04, 2020, 08:35:54 AM »

And once it's looking even more likely (maybe in a few weeks when AZ/IL vote), I'll fight for y'all with the same energy I fought for Bernie. If you don't like me after that, you'll warm up to me once I'm on your side.
That's so degrading. Why would you do that to yourself?
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #1284 on: March 04, 2020, 08:41:26 AM »

Youth turnout O/U all time low of 35 percent

(Ok, I imagine a fair O/U might be set at around 44 percent given overall enthusiasm, but it's going to be very ugly with a candidate that has such open disdain for young people.)

Congratulations on trading Hispanics and young people for Bloomberg stans
Illini Moderate
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.58, S: -4.00

« Reply #1285 on: March 04, 2020, 09:57:22 AM »

That's so degrading. Why would you do that to yourself?

Because it’s not about ourselves. It’s about having a President who actually cares about people and doesn’t view politics as one big competition that you can only win or lose. A President that doesn’t constantly lie and try to further divide our already polarized country 
Roblox

« Reply #1286 on: March 04, 2020, 10:38:13 AM »

For some reason i'm imagining Biden giving a speech like…

"Look, Jack, back in the primary in, oh, uh, 1920 was it? There was a guy named Bernie. And Bernie was from, eh, New Hampshire, uh Maine? Mainshire, right. So Mainshire…You know dairy's big up there, right, so lets call him milkpop-MILKPOP WAS A BAD DUDE. So to deal with him, kind of like corn pop, I got some chains, and some endorsements from, uh, Amy Klobucharge was it? And Pete Butternucker. So that's how we whacked ol' milkpop. Anyway, that leads me to uh 1852 when I was fighting slavery with John Brown."
heatcharger
Junior Chimp
Sweden

Political Matrix
E: -1.04, S: -0.24

« Reply #1287 on: March 04, 2020, 11:17:23 AM »

This was truly an epic performance. Malarkey was destroyed, etc. After settling all family business, it seemed Biden was shaping up to have a good night, but he did even better than expected. I'm glad the candidate I support did so well, but beyond that, I'm comforted that he proved to have support with an extremely broad, multi-regional, cross-demographic coalition that could win everywhere. Any demographic of size, white or black, college-educated or not, Joe Biden had a major showing in it.

The results in Maine, Massachusetts, and Minnesota were the most surprising wins considering he spent no time, money, or effort in them. But I'm struck by the results in my home state:

Biden did stronger than Hillary Clinton! Sure, she got a higher percentage of the vote, but underneath the surface, Biden won and with big turnout across the board. In Fairfax County, Biden got 38% more votes than HRC. In Chesterfield County, Biden got 48% more votes. The story is consistent across the suburbs. But even more impressively, this held everywhere, even in areas Democrats are thought to be hemorrhaging support. In mountainous Giles County (Romney +25, Trump +48), Biden got 34% more votes. In the heavily evangelical Bedford County (Romney +44, Trump +50), Biden got 90%(!) more votes.

I don't know what the general election will look like, but there are clearly a lot of people beyond the 2016 electorate comfortable voting for Joe Biden. That's a good sign moving forward.
Frozen Sky Ever Why
ShadowOfTheWave
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1288 on: March 04, 2020, 11:41:50 AM »

I accept Biden as the nominee. My one hope is that he does campaign on a public option in the general so that the national conversation continues to move leftward on that subject. I'll be very disappointed if the topic disappears like in the latter half of 2016.
CellarDoor
United States

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #1289 on: March 04, 2020, 12:05:21 PM »

I accept Biden as the nominee. My one hope is that he does campaign on a public option in the general so that the national conversation continues to move leftward on that subject. I'll be very disappointed if the topic disappears like in the latter half of 2016.

I can't imagine that he'd abandon that position in the general.  It has widespread support among all voters.
Illini Moderate
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1290 on: March 04, 2020, 12:06:01 PM »

Did Hillary campaign on a public option initially? I can't recall many policy positions from that election to be honest. That is one thing I think Biden has done better than Hillary is emphasize the policies and platform more so than just constant comparisons to Trump. The contrast between Buttigieg, Klobuchar, and Biden. vs. Warren and Sanders was great at bringing policy to the forefront.
Clarko95 📚💰📈
Clarko95
YaBB God
Sweden

Political Matrix
E: -5.61, S: -1.96

« Reply #1291 on: March 04, 2020, 12:20:49 PM »

Did Hillary campaign on a public option initially? I can't recall many policy positions from that election to be honest. That is one thing I think Biden has done better than Hillary is emphasize the policies and platform more so than just constant comparisons to Trump. The contrast between Buttigieg, Klobuchar, and Biden. vs. Warren and Sanders was great at bringing policy to the forefront.

She first proposed it in 2007, but in the 2016 cycle she waited until the spring of 2016 to campaign on it IIRC?
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1292 on: March 04, 2020, 12:35:38 PM »

Biden and Harris would be a lethal combination against Trump in the suburbs.

I hope that’s what’s holding up her endorsement. I’m ready to go on a shopping spree in Biden’s website once that’s announced. Smiley
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1293 on: March 04, 2020, 12:35:38 PM »

RI
realisticidealist
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: 2.61

« Reply #1294 on: March 04, 2020, 12:36:52 PM »

This was truly an epic performance. Malarkey was destroyed, etc. After settling all family business, it seemed Biden was shaping up to have a good night, but he did even better than expected. I'm glad the candidate I support did so well, but beyond that, I'm comforted that he proved to have support with an extremely broad, multi-regional, cross-demographic coalition that could win everywhere. Any demographic of size, white or black, college-educated or not, Joe Biden had a major showing in it.

The results in Maine, Massachusetts, and Minnesota were the most surprising wins considering he spent no time, money, or effort in them. But I'm struck by the results in my home state:

Biden did stronger than Hillary Clinton! Sure, she got a higher percentage of the vote, but underneath the surface, Biden won and with big turnout across the board. In Fairfax County, Biden got 38% more votes than HRC. In Chesterfield County, Biden got 48% more votes. The story is consistent across the suburbs. But even more impressively, this held everywhere, even in areas Democrats are thought to be hemorrhaging support. In mountainous Giles County (Romney +25, Trump +48), Biden got 34% more votes. In the heavily evangelical Bedford County (Romney +44, Trump +50), Biden got 90%(!) more votes.

I don't know what the general election will look like, but there are clearly a lot of people beyond the 2016 electorate comfortable voting for Joe Biden. That's a good sign moving forward.

It's almost like Hillary Clinton was a terrible candidate who many people hated, while no one hates Joe Biden.
CellarDoor
United States

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #1295 on: March 04, 2020, 12:39:30 PM »

It's almost like Hillary Clinton was a terrible candidate who many people hated, while no one hates Joe Biden.

This can't be said enough.  I've seen many posts stating things like "Well I guess democrats haven't learned their lessons from 2016."  I think those posts are missing the main lesson from 2016, which is that Hillary was not well-liked by the American electorate.  Biden has his faults but people love the guy, myself included.  I was actually a big fan of Biden in 2008 and would've voted for him if he had a chance by the time my primary came around.
Illini Moderate
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1296 on: March 04, 2020, 12:44:12 PM »

I hope that’s what’s holding up her endorsement. I’m ready to go on a shopping spree in Biden’s website once that’s announced. Smiley

I'm honestly not sure if Kamala would be the best choice. Many progressives don't like her, she doesn't have a clear base of support that might otherwise sit out, and it just seems too inevitable. I think a Yang pick might be risky, but it has the potential to pay off greatly
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1297 on: March 04, 2020, 12:46:17 PM »

wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #1298 on: March 04, 2020, 12:48:16 PM »

I'm honestly not sure if Kamala would be the best choice. Many progressives don't like her, she doesn't have a clear base of support that might otherwise sit out, and it just seems too inevitable. I think a Yang pick might be risky, but it has the potential to pay off greatly

Harris would turbocharge black turnout, IMO, and also help even *more* in the suburbs than he would likely already do. Progressives are already going to be mad about Biden anyway, so if they're not voting for Joe or staying out, I don't think Harris will effect it one way or the other
Arizona Iced Tea
Minute Maid Juice
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1299 on: March 04, 2020, 12:50:08 PM »

The swamp monster won! Yay!
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 49 50 51 [52] 53 54 55 56 57 58  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies