Joe Biden 2020 campaign megathread v3 (pg 45 - mass-dropout aftermath)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 04, 2024, 08:24:26 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Joe Biden 2020 campaign megathread v3 (pg 45 - mass-dropout aftermath)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 48 49 50 [51] 52 53 54 55 56 ... 58
Author Topic: Joe Biden 2020 campaign megathread v3 (pg 45 - mass-dropout aftermath)  (Read 91930 times)
GeneralMacArthur
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1250 on: March 03, 2020, 05:16:55 PM »

Pete should probably give the convention keynote speech.

I agree! He's a very talented speaker. And he should be given a major cabinet position since the vice presidential will most likely be filled with a woman (Harris, Klobuchar, Demings or Barragan would be great). I like the idea of UN Ambassador, since that would raise his international profile and add foreign policy credentials to his list. Probably a safe bet now that he'll be part of the administration if Joe Biden is president next January. Beto could also be tapped for something like Commerce or Energy.

UN Ambassador is good, HUD is another option.  I want the big positions (state, treasury, defense) to be filled in by well-respected experts in their fields.  Hillary Clinton should be SoS again.
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #1251 on: March 03, 2020, 05:18:28 PM »

I agree! He's a very talented speaker. And he should be given a major cabinet position since the vice presidential will most likely be filled with a woman (Harris, Klobuchar, Demings or Barragan would be great). I like the idea of UN Ambassador, since that would raise his international profile and add foreign policy credentials to his list. Probably a safe bet now that he'll be part of the administration if Joe Biden is president next January. Beto could also be tapped for something like Commerce or Energy.

UN Ambassador is good, HUD is another option.  I want the big positions (state, treasury, defense) to be filled in by well-respected experts in their fields.  Hillary Clinton should be SoS again.

Absolutely not. Clinton ought to be consigned to the history books, and allowed to dwell in her retirement. Any future Democratic Administration ought to keep her away with a ten foot pole.
I Will Not Be Wrong
outofbox6
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1252 on: March 03, 2020, 05:18:49 PM »

I would love Hillary as SOS again, but she and Biden had bad blood towards each other during the Obama administration.
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #1253 on: March 03, 2020, 06:18:23 PM »

Chirst knows I have my problems with Biden, but I vastly prefer him to re-electing Trump. He at least would be willing to talk with the left and try to work with progressives, or at least I assume he would.
James Monroe

« Reply #1254 on: March 03, 2020, 06:26:33 PM »

Chirst knows I have my problems with Biden, but I vastly prefer him to re-electing Trump. He at least would be willing to talk with the left and try to work with progressives, or at least I assume he would.

Good to hear you're on Team Blue. We don't see eye to eye on politics but this is something that the left has to gasp. Why spend your existence being petty that Bernie lost the nomination while you could work some change in the system by supporting the nominee? Pressure Biden if you think he's not fulfilling your movement goals, lords know I've been critical of him in the past. Blaming the party is not going to go anywhere, not in a two-party system as we have in this great nation.
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #1255 on: March 03, 2020, 06:34:34 PM »

If Biden does win the nomination, how will he build up a strong ground game? I think it's fair to say that he's relied heavily on name recognition, at least more so than other candidates, and while that may prove to work in the primaries, he'll need a good ground game in the general.
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #1256 on: March 03, 2020, 06:48:12 PM »

Good to hear you're on Team Blue. We don't see eye to eye on politics but this is something that the left has to gasp. Why spend your existence being petty that Bernie lost the nomination while you could work some change in the system by supporting the nominee? Pressure Biden if you think he's not fulfilling your movement goals, lords know I've been critical of him in the past. Blaming the party is not going to go anywhere, not in a two-party system as we have in this great nation.

I'm a reluctant member. I habe a whole nost of problems with the Democratic Party. I happen to think they're weak and spineless blowhards who collapse at the first sign of gunfire who take the progressive wing for granted.

That said, when the choice is having a moderate liberal party and a party that supports a President who has referred to Neo-Nazis as 'very fine people' and is bent on exploiting the working class through gutting unions, maintaining a low minimum wage, embracing full-throated protectionsim without consideration for balancing protecting industry and international trade,  and more than anything else, openly refuses to acknowledge the scientific reality of climate change, the choice is very, very clear.

As a personal note, my family is German-Australian. My Great Grandfather was born in Brandenburg. He fought for Australia in the First World War. He fought for Britain in the Second World War. He did not fight against his birth nation in the 1940s to see Nazis rise again.
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #1257 on: March 03, 2020, 06:51:43 PM »

I would love Hillary as SOS again, but she and Biden had bad blood towards each other during the Obama administration.

Russ Feingold perhaps?
LimoLiberal
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -3.71, S: -4.00

« Reply #1258 on: March 03, 2020, 06:52:31 PM »

I voted for Biden in the Virginia primary today, my first vote ever. I like most of Bernie's policy ideas but I truly fear the impact he would have down-ballot. I've talked to many people who wouldn't vote for Bernie against Trump but would vote for Biden and I do believe that a Bernie nomination would threaten all the suburban gains Dems made in the House in 2018. Not to mention Bernie's South Florida problems. All in all, I think Biden represents the new Dem coalition more than Bernie does.
DabbingSanta
United States
P P P
« Reply #1259 on: March 03, 2020, 07:36:28 PM »

With 36% in and Biden trailing in fifth place with 9%, I can say with certainty his campaign is effectively over. Amazing that he was leading in the national polls until two weeks ago.

I was wrong. Biden is the comeback kid. 😳
American2020
Côte d'Ivoire

« Reply #1260 on: March 03, 2020, 08:05:44 PM »

With 36% in and Biden trailing in fifth place with 9%, I can say with certainty his campaign is effectively over. Amazing that he was leading in the national polls until two weeks ago.

I was wrong. Biden is the comeback kid. 😳

I believed Joe Biden'd be finished and go to the retirement.
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #1261 on: March 03, 2020, 09:12:34 PM »

Would any Biden supporters be open to the idea of Tammy Baldwin as VP?
Bidenworth2020
politicalmasta73
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1262 on: March 03, 2020, 09:22:49 PM »

Abso-freakin'-lutely. Would this be a good pick you think?
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #1263 on: March 03, 2020, 09:23:51 PM »

Bernie yes, but Biden can pick Sally Yates. HARRIS, Abrams and Michelle Obama arent Veep material with no foreign policy knowledge and Israeli foreign experience
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #1264 on: March 03, 2020, 09:33:47 PM »

Abso-freakin'-lutely. Would this be a good pick you think?

From my position she's the best choice. She's tough as nails, she's a woman, she's openly gay (the first openly LGBT Senator ever), has a proven ability to win tough elections and is from a state Trump needs to win. Not to mention she's young enough to be the heir apparent should Biden not run again in 2024.

Perhaps most critically, she's also an ardent progressive and strong M4A supporter, so she passes the Sanders Litmus Test. It'd be a way of saying that Biden is amenable to the party's left, and would basically nullify a lot of opposition to him.
redjohn

Political Matrix
E: -3.35, S: -4.17

P P P
« Reply #1265 on: March 03, 2020, 10:19:35 PM »

I very much do not like Joe Biden, and I don't think he'd make a good President, but nonetheless I'm ready to support him after tonight. It's clear that Bernie probably won't win the primary, and we need to unify sooner than later.

I've been considering the idea of supporting Biden in the general for a few days, which is uncomfortable because he's not progressive and doesn't always appear to be mentally sound. But we have to keep our eyes on the prize. We have to remember the kids in cages, the deeply homophobic & transphobic judges being pushed through by Trump & his allies across the country, and the racist rigging of democracy all over. Donald Trump is a horrible man and a horrible President, and if supporting Biden is what it takes to get rid of him, so be it. Let's do this.
BlueSwan
blueswan
Junior Chimp
Denmark

Political Matrix
E: -4.26, S: -7.30

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1266 on: March 04, 2020, 12:47:30 AM »

I’m pretty much open to anyone who can help unite the party behind the ticket.
OBD
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -5.16, S: -6.26

« Reply #1267 on: March 04, 2020, 12:53:32 AM »

I'm all for a progressive VP - we just can't sacrifice other helpful elements in a VP candidate (female, minority, and/or young) to do it. I'd back Baldwin, though someone like Cortez Masto may be better if we're running a Sun Belt play.
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #1268 on: March 04, 2020, 01:08:12 AM »

I'm all for a progressive VP - we just can't sacrifice other helpful elements in a VP candidate (female, minority, and/or young) to do it. I'd back Baldwin, though someone like Cortez Masto may be better if we're running a Sun Belt play.

The Democratic party cannot afford to spit in progressives' faces once more.
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #1269 on: March 04, 2020, 01:16:47 AM »

Don't you get it? They will see the results of tonight as an affirmation of the idea that we don't matter. The VP is more likely to be a Romney or Kasich than an olive branch to the left.
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1270 on: March 04, 2020, 01:17:57 AM »

Why would anyone want Baldwin, Wisconsin is a special election state IIRC and yes a wisconsin senate seat likely flips under a Biden presidency when a Democrat senate majority probably will just be 50 seats.
Illini Moderate
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.58, S: -4.00

« Reply #1271 on: March 04, 2020, 01:30:17 AM »

Don't you get it? They will see the results of tonight as an affirmation of the idea that we don't matter. The VP is more likely to be a Romney or Kasich than an olive branch to the left.

LOL no it is not. That will never happen nor should it
Illini Moderate
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1272 on: March 04, 2020, 01:31:15 AM »

Yes
Non Swing Voter
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1273 on: March 04, 2020, 01:32:29 AM »

I'm personally giving Sanders voters a week for these kinds of posts because I feel bad for you guys, but this doom and gloom stuff really needs to end by then.
Illini Moderate
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1274 on: March 04, 2020, 01:32:46 AM »

I very much do not like Joe Biden, and I don't think he'd make a good President, but nonetheless I'm ready to support him after tonight. It's clear that Bernie probably won't win the primary, and we need to unify sooner than later.

I've been considering the idea of supporting Biden in the general for a few days, which is uncomfortable because he's not progressive and doesn't always appear to be mentally sound. But we have to keep our eyes on the prize. We have to remember the kids in cages, the deeply homophobic & transphobic judges being pushed through by Trump & his allies across the country, and the racist rigging of democracy all over. Donald Trump is a horrible man and a horrible President, and if supporting Biden is what it takes to get rid of him, so be it. Let's do this.

Thank you for keeping your eye on the big picture and for your solidarity. I understand that it probably is not easy at first
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 48 49 50 [51] 52 53 54 55 56 ... 58  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies