Joe Biden 2020 campaign megathread v3 (pg 45 - mass-dropout aftermath)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 04, 2024, 11:03:05 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Joe Biden 2020 campaign megathread v3 (pg 45 - mass-dropout aftermath)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 35 36 37 [38] 39 40 41 42 43 ... 58
Author Topic: Joe Biden 2020 campaign megathread v3 (pg 45 - mass-dropout aftermath)  (Read 91937 times)
ElectionsGuy
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: 7.10, S: -7.65

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #925 on: February 19, 2020, 05:31:23 AM »

Barack Obama endorsed Bloomberg.

Biden should withdraw and do the same. IMO.

Fake news. Obama didn't endorse and won't until there is a nominee.

No he endorsed Bloomberg.

Guys, this is part of the reason why Bloomberg has so much support. People are so gullible to think that Obama speaking in support of Bloomberg in audio (from who knows how many years ago) in one of his ads implies an endorsement.
GeneralMacArthur
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #926 on: February 19, 2020, 11:03:40 AM »

Barack Obama endorsed Bloomberg.

Biden should withdraw and do the same. IMO.

Fake news. Obama didn't endorse and won't until there is a nominee.

No he endorsed Bloomberg.

Guys, this is part of the reason why Bloomberg has so much support. People are so gullible to think that Obama speaking in support of Bloomberg in audio (from who knows how many years ago) in one of his ads implies an endorsement.

Hasn't Biden made a dozen ads featuring Obama saying how great Biden is
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #927 on: February 19, 2020, 11:54:35 AM »

Everyone wants to get credit for Obama. Trump had a Clinton economy and gave the rich tax cuts, the third term Bush W. That's I never watched Bush Sr funeral.
Illini Moderate
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.58, S: -4.00

« Reply #928 on: February 19, 2020, 12:10:54 PM »

Everyone wants to get credit for Obama. Trump had a Clinton economy and gave the rich tax cuts, the third term Bush W. That's I never watched Bush Sr funeral.

What does Bush's funeral have to do with anything?
redjohn

Political Matrix
E: -3.35, S: -4.17

P P P
« Reply #929 on: February 19, 2020, 02:41:07 PM »

Biden has to attack Bloomberg tonight. He also has to have one of the best performances of his political career, or it's over. He needs a win in NV or he will almost literally be out of money. The stakes are really high for Joe.
Nightcore Nationalist
Okthisisnotepic.

« Reply #930 on: February 19, 2020, 03:01:23 PM »

I saw Joe's new ad on twitter, pointing out Mike's hypocrisy.  Damn! Biden still has some bite left! Very good ad.
redjohn

Political Matrix
E: -3.35, S: -4.17

P P P
« Reply #931 on: February 19, 2020, 03:08:17 PM »

Biden's anti-Bloomberg ads are good. I'm no Biden fan, but it's ridiculous that Bloomberg is replacing Biden as the "moderate" option. Mike is a con artist.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #932 on: February 19, 2020, 03:12:29 PM »

I saw Joe's new ad on twitter, pointing out Mike's hypocrisy.  Damn! Biden still has some bite left! Very good ad.

Doesn't seem smart to me.  If you are running as the heir to Obama's legacy, giving airtime to an opponent's past criticism of the Obama administration could backfire.  People might believe what they are hearing (that Obama failed), benefiting the message of someone like Bernie.
Illini Moderate
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.58, S: -4.00

« Reply #933 on: February 19, 2020, 03:19:13 PM »

No Democrat is going to agree with Mike Bloomberg calling regulations on the banks or Obamacare a "disaster". Even those on the far-left wouldn't consider Obamacare a "disaster" no matter how much they think it sucks, and they especially wont agree with it coming from Bloomberg.
Vaccinated Russian Bear
Russian Bear
Junior Chimp
« Reply #934 on: February 20, 2020, 07:41:06 AM »

The only way to stop Bernie was (is?) that Bloomy or Biden would somehow magically unify the "moderate" vote. Yesterday Bloomy completely failed (thanks to Liz) to do it. Biden was ok-to-good, but it wasn't enough and he is out of money.

Now, if Bloomy would give his money to Biden, Joe would probably get a descent chance to compete with Bernie. But Trump got in Mini-Mike's head, so there is no way Bloomy would give in now. And after ST it is too late!  Angel
Oryxslayer
Atlas Icon

« Reply #935 on: February 20, 2020, 09:25:56 AM »

The only way to stop Bernie was (is?) that Bloomy or Biden would somehow magically unify the "moderate" vote. Yesterday Bloomy completely failed (thanks to Liz) to do it. Biden was ok-to-good, but it wasn't enough and he is out of money.

Now, if Bloomy would give his money to Biden, Joe would probably get a descent chance to compete with Bernie. But Trump got in Mini-Mike's head, so there is no way Bloomy would give in now. And after ST it is too late!  Angel

Let's dispell this myth of the 2020 moderate lane: there is no moderate lane. Such a broad path vanished when the vote fundamentally fragmented in Iowa. Instead there are four tickets that can be sustained to the conversation via proportional allocation and polarized money sources: Bernie, Bloomberg, AA, and non-Bernie/Bloomberg dignifier. Nobody has a path to 50%+1. Biden last night seemed content to reorient his campaign and accept that he will not be able to expand beyond his AA base. If he locks that base down, pushing Steyer aside and limiting Bloomberg's damage, he has a route towards being a long haul player. Last night, Biden seemed solely focused on sending implicit messages to this community, and if he is able recover their loyalty then he could continue his wounded campaign.
Junior Chimp

« Reply #936 on: February 20, 2020, 11:18:14 AM »

Given Warrens strong Debate Performance 1-3 in Nevada could be:
Sanders
Warren
Biden

provided Liz gets the same bump Klob got in NH.
Da2017
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.00, S: -5.00

« Reply #937 on: February 20, 2020, 10:06:24 PM »

I'm starting to like Biden. Great town hall.
Obama-Biden Democrat
Zyzz
Junior Chimp

« Reply #938 on: February 20, 2020, 11:17:27 PM »

I'm starting to like Biden. Great town hall.

I watched it as well. Uncle Joe did great.
NOVA Green
Oregon Progressive
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #939 on: February 21, 2020, 01:05:11 AM »

"Uncle Joe" is a Long Haul Trucker here, with a Union Card in his back pocket....

Let Bernie & Liz take some swings at Bloomie the Billionaire, let those at the "kids table" (Amy & Pete) squabble among themselves, threw a few "soft punches" towards "Liz & Bernie", allowed Mayor Bloom to melt down a bit.... and suddenly Biden may well be back in the mix *IF* he places 2nd in NV and maybe wins SC....

He has a much broader base of support than most other DEM voters at a National and Statewide Level, problem he has no street cred with voters <35 Yrs (Other than some random people on Atlas Forum  Wink )

Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #940 on: February 21, 2020, 12:53:31 PM »

Biden is spending all of next week in South Carolina.  He'll be there from Feb. 24-29:

which doesn't leave much time to campaign in Super Tuesday states.

I'm sure other candidates will spend a lot of time in SC next week, but presumably the rest will also be doing some Super Tuesday state campaigning.
Oryxslayer
Atlas Icon

« Reply #941 on: February 21, 2020, 01:39:48 PM »

Biden is spending all of next week in South Carolina.  He'll be there from Feb. 24-29:

I'm sure other candidates will spend a lot of time in SC next week, but presumably the rest will also be doing some Super Tuesday state campaigning.

Well, Bidens campaign depends entirely on SC. If he is weak or loses it, then he won't even have the AA leg to stand on, they will head over to one of the billionaires. If he does well though, he gains momentum purely with the AA community, which is all Biden wants right now. AA momentum will carry into Super Tuesday and help him in AL, TN, TX, and other AA controlled contests.
Interlocutor is just not there yet
Interlocutor
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -5.04

« Reply #942 on: February 21, 2020, 11:00:23 PM »
« Edited: February 21, 2020, 11:07:27 PM by Interlocutor »

Biden is spending all of next week in South Carolina.  He'll be there from Feb. 24-29:

Well, Bidens campaign depends entirely on SC. If he is weak or loses it, then he won't even have the AA leg to stand on, they will head over to one of the billionaires. If he does well though, he gains momentum purely with the AA community, which is all Biden wants right now. AA momentum will carry into Super Tuesday and help him in AL, TN, TX, and other AA controlled contests.

I guess the big question about SC I'm interested in is "At this point in the race, what is considered good enough for Biden?"

Before Iowa, anything above 12-15% would've meant smooth sailing going into Super Tuesday.

Now, I guess the bar should be lowered to where a 6-8% would make him "The Comeback Kid"? I'm just not sure what the sweet spot is anymore between an excellent performance and a pathetic performance
NOVA Green
Oregon Progressive
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #943 on: February 22, 2020, 12:33:26 AM »

Biden is spending all of next week in South Carolina.  He'll be there from Feb. 24-29:

I guess the big question about SC I'm interested in is "At this point in the race, what is considered good enough for Biden?"

Before Iowa, anything above 12-15% would've meant smooth sailing going into Super Tuesday.

Now, I guess the bar should be lowered to where a 6-8% would make him "The Comeback Kid"? I'm just not sure what the sweet spot is anymore between an excellent performance and a pathetic performance

I would imagine placing 2nd in NV would likely put him into a decent slot to recover heading into SC.

It's entirely plausible, considering that generally he is still polling better in IA than just about anyone other than Pete....

Sure, Biden's vote appears to have collapsed among White Voters (Especially White Women), but from what little polling info we know he is still doing fairly well Nationally and in various State polls among Black Voters, and actually polls fairly decently compared to most the rest of the DEM pack among Latino voters.

Biden support from recent polling also includes some former Bernie '16 Country in WWC places like downstate IL.

I would posit that arguably Biden still has the best chance to make it to the finish line against Bernie, but he's gotta show he can do something....

He was "Joe the Boxer" on the debate stage against Bloomberg, but his donors are jumping off like "rats off a coffin ship from Ireland", and betting $$$ on other horses (Many of whom of skin deep when it comes to political policies and depth of gravitas and expertise).

Now---- this is an objective perspective and divorced from my personal political candidates or "horse in the race" so to speak....

Now let's say hypothetically Biden over-performs expectations in NV and then rolls into SC the following Tuesday and wins.....

"Da Boom coming from the smoke filled room"...

Tons of EV votes going on early in Super Tuesday States, and we all know that the West Coast is not Biden Country... still tons of votes to bank in the Southlands, Texas, etc....

Biden will likely get a loan from the Iron Bank if he places well in NV/SC, but he doesn't have tons of bucks to float on the Air War for Super Tuesday, where the premium costs of Ads are already purchased by other campaigns that have a higher cash flow, plus additional COH to get the loans with full confidence that all debts will be repaid in full.

Not a hater on Biden, despite my avatar, but yeah I do think that there is a good chance it will come down to a Bernie-"Uncle Joe" contest once the drop outs drop out.

Sure Biden got some major hits in the first few stages of the play among White Voters in IA and NH, but something tells me his stamina is larger than just taking a few punches early one without fighting back....

Biden rose above the fray in Vegas, and any Atlas poster that considers him to be a "Bad Hombre" or a hater of progressive policies needs to get their brains examined....

Biden is so much better than either Amy or Pete (Let alone Bloomberg) on fundamental issues of concern to the Progressive Left of the Democratic Party....

Got knee-capped early on as the front runner, a virtual gang-bang some would say, had a bit of a stutter--- bit rusty was "Uncle Joe", but hell would take Biden any day over Bloomberg.

Steyer--- meh.... heart seems to be in the right place, and obviously extremely passionate considering that for the past 2 Years he has literally spent Millions and Millions of $$$ for the impeachment of Trump.

Don't have any major beef with the Silicon Valley Tech dude (So long as he agrees to pay the Billionaire taxes), but Bloomberg did a One-Up and sloshed 400+ Million bucks in the race and kinda took away the Steyer vibes, where he actually might have been able to make it, especially bcs of how he personally deals with individuals in small-town and community environments.

So yeah--- personally thinking at this fixed point in time might end up being a Bernie-Biden matchup (Let's see what happens in NV/SC and most obviously Super Tuesday--- Bold predictions. Wink )
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.57, S: -7.50

P P P
« Reply #944 on: February 22, 2020, 02:32:54 PM »

Biden (potentially) lies about being arrested in South Africa while trying to see Nelson Mandela, a story he had never told for the past 30 years but suddenly brought up as the South Carolina primary came close.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #945 on: February 22, 2020, 09:04:55 PM »

There's no way he wouldn't have mentioned that before if it was real, because, to use his own words, it would be a big f-king deal.
Shadows
YaBB God
« Reply #946 on: February 23, 2020, 03:05:08 AM »

@ddale8
NYT: Biden has suddenly started telling a story about getting arrested in South Africa trying to see Mandela in prison. The man he says he was arrested with, Andrew Young, says he's never been arrested in South Africa and doesn't think Biden has either.

Joe Biden has lost his mind ! Good luck beating Trump with Uncle Joe !
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.57, S: -7.50

P P P
« Reply #947 on: February 23, 2020, 03:06:45 AM »

Yeah, Biden has a history of fudging the truth on things like this, but this seems uncharacteristically desperate even for him.
Statilius the Epicurean
Thersites
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

« Reply #948 on: February 23, 2020, 04:01:50 AM »

Isn't the funniest thing that a random mayor of a town in Indiana decided to run for president and he kneecapped Bernie's main challenger right out of the starting gate?
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #949 on: February 23, 2020, 05:48:39 AM »

In before Biden remembers he was with Rosa Park on that fateful day.
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 35 36 37 [38] 39 40 41 42 43 ... 58  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies