Joe Biden 2020 campaign megathread v3 (pg 45 - mass-dropout aftermath)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 04, 2024, 02:05:30 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Joe Biden 2020 campaign megathread v3 (pg 45 - mass-dropout aftermath)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 ... 58
Author Topic: Joe Biden 2020 campaign megathread v3 (pg 45 - mass-dropout aftermath)  (Read 91911 times)
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #650 on: January 30, 2020, 06:25:29 PM »

Issues regarding state/national polls have already been addressed, but: I wonder if by the same metric, Donald Trump was perceived as more "ideologically extreme" than Hillary Clinton in 2016?

If not, then we know that the campaign can shift this narrative any which way.

If so, then it obviously doesn't matter.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #651 on: January 30, 2020, 06:26:53 PM »

The difference in Biden and Sanders’ leads against Trump in Jose polls is statistically insignificant and a statistician of Morris’s background is negligent not to mention that
The fact that Biden consistently does 1-2 better than Bernie in pretty much EVERY poll though, and usually better than that median when there is a discrepancy, DOES point to it being statistically significant. Also the fact that Biden's "undecideds" are far more favorable to him than Bernie's are, as Bernie has consolidated the younger vote to an extent Biden has not yet.

I don’t know what stats class you took, but that is still not a conclusion supported by statistically significant empirical data

The margin of error also could be a margin of error in favor of Biden
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #652 on: January 30, 2020, 07:12:04 PM »

Issues regarding state/national polls have already been addressed, but: I wonder if by the same metric, Donald Trump was perceived as more "ideologically extreme" than Hillary Clinton in 2016?

If not, then we know that the campaign can shift this narrative any which way.

If so, then it obviously doesn't matter.

Not exactly the same, but Clinton was viewed as more consistently liberal than Trump was conservative.

https://www.people-press.org/2016/07/14/voters-perceptions-of-the-candidates-traits-ideology-and-impact-on-issues/
Bidenworth2020
politicalmasta73
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #653 on: January 30, 2020, 07:15:56 PM »

The difference in Biden and Sanders’ leads against Trump in Jose polls is statistically insignificant and a statistician of Morris’s background is negligent not to mention that
The fact that Biden consistently does 1-2 better than Bernie in pretty much EVERY poll though, and usually better than that median when there is a discrepancy, DOES point to it being statistically significant. Also the fact that Biden's "undecideds" are far more favorable to him than Bernie's are, as Bernie has consolidated the younger vote to an extent Biden has not yet.

I don’t know what stats class you took, but that is still not a conclusion supported by statistically significant empirical data
Maybe on its face it doesn't point to a major edge for Biden on the electability front, but a deeper dive into the points to this conclusion as well. The reason Bernie is keeping so close to Biden right now is due to 1) already picking up demographics that Biden has not yet fully consolidated, but will inevitably once the general begins and 2) not having been touched by negative ads,.on either side really. This is seen by Bernie's overwhelming edge in "trustworthiness", compared to Biden and the others to a lesser extent. He has started to receive some of this treatment due to his rise (though obviously not the real attack material) If you do not think Republicans will nullify that edge to an immeasurable extent, I have a bridge to sell you.
TrendsareUsuallyReal
TrendsareReal
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #654 on: January 30, 2020, 07:42:18 PM »

Biden is triaging New Hampshire. Which is not something one would do if they think they’ll win Iowa.
Arizona Iced Tea
Minute Maid Juice
Junior Chimp

« Reply #655 on: January 30, 2020, 11:26:59 PM »

Biden is triaging New Hampshire. Which is not something one would do if they think they’ll win Iowa.

He "forgot" about Iowa, or maybe he just gave up on it:

SALEM, N.H. — Joe Biden has said he doesn’t need to win the first presidential primary state in the nation — and he’s campaigning like it.
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #656 on: January 31, 2020, 12:31:12 AM »

SALEM, N.H. — Joe Biden has said he doesn’t need to win the first presidential primary state in the nation — and he’s campaigning like it.
Iowa is a caucus.
American2020
CĂ´te d'Ivoire

« Reply #657 on: January 31, 2020, 08:09:06 AM »

Arizona Iced Tea
Minute Maid Juice
Junior Chimp

« Reply #658 on: January 31, 2020, 10:55:03 AM »

Iowa is a caucus.
I think the article meant to the nomination as a whole as the "primary", or otherwise the article was edited poorly or something like that, or Biden made an oopsie.
Ebsy
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #659 on: January 31, 2020, 02:20:18 PM »

Biden potentially facing money problems headed into March?
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #660 on: January 31, 2020, 02:33:31 PM »

NH is probably the least important early state for Biden, though. He can afford to lose it badly if he wins big in SC and takes either IA or NV.
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #661 on: January 31, 2020, 08:19:22 PM »
« Edited: January 31, 2020, 08:32:14 PM by Priest of Moloch »

I think the article meant to the nomination as a whole as the "primary", or otherwise the article was edited poorly or something like that, or Biden made an oopsie.
No, they're just very picky about these things! New Hampshire loves to bill itself as the "first primary" — state law actually specifies that it must be held a week before any other primary, and only the fact that Iowa is a caucus state prevents a major fight over who gets to be first every time. It does not make much sense to me, but I haven't had my brain rotted by decades of maple/corn syrup, and those are the people in charge for the moment.
American2020
CĂ´te d'Ivoire

« Reply #662 on: February 01, 2020, 04:28:16 AM »

Biden: 'Sure would like' Michelle Obama as vice president

oe Biden said that he would like former first lady Michelle Obama to be his vice president and Barack Obama to be a Supreme Court justice.

"Would you consider appointing Obama for the Supreme Court?" a man in the crowd asked the former vice president on Tuesday.

"Yeah, I would, and I don't think he'd do it. He'd be a great Supreme Court justice," Biden, 77, responded.

"Second question is: Which Obama?" the man said as the room reacted with awes and applause.

"Well, I sure would like Michelle to be the vice president," Biden said and laughed. "They're both incredibly qualified people, I mean, and they're such decent, honorable people."

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/biden-sure-would-like-michelle-obama-as-vice-president
Interlocutor is just not there yet
Interlocutor
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -5.04

« Reply #663 on: February 01, 2020, 05:26:14 AM »

NH is probably the least important early state for Biden, though. He can afford to lose it badly if he wins big in SC and takes either IA or NV.

It seems SC is the only important early state for Biden
Vaccinated Russian Bear
Russian Bear
Junior Chimp
« Reply #664 on: February 01, 2020, 07:32:26 AM »

I think everybody is except Bernie. Impeachment just sucks all the air.

May be Bloomberg has a path after all.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #665 on: February 01, 2020, 08:45:30 AM »

great response from Biden.  he reminds me of my dad sometimes.
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #666 on: February 01, 2020, 09:02:21 AM »

Statilius the Epicurean
Thersites
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

« Reply #667 on: February 01, 2020, 12:54:26 PM »

Get em, Joe!
GeneralMacArthur
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #668 on: February 01, 2020, 12:55:43 PM »

Get em, Joe!

Who says Biden's events are boring!
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #669 on: February 01, 2020, 01:16:37 PM »

This man is going to get absolutely demolished in the Caucus. It's really hard to imagine a less skilled politician. Jeb! was much better at this; the only problem is he had stiffer competition.
GeneralMacArthur
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #670 on: February 01, 2020, 02:48:21 PM »

This is some funny sh*t right here

Bidenworth2020
politicalmasta73
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #671 on: February 01, 2020, 03:36:32 PM »

This is some funny sh*t right here

This is what I love about Biden-- like it or not, most other candidates besides maybe Bernie would blow up about stuff like this.
GeneralMacArthur
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #672 on: February 01, 2020, 03:43:24 PM »

Actually Buttigieg was very cool about these disruptors as well.

Bernie, as far as I know, only does rallies and never has to deal with this kind of thing.
James Monroe

« Reply #673 on: February 01, 2020, 03:47:51 PM »

Those punk asses got the treatment they've deserved. How dared they go to a pubic venue with President Obama VP and make sarcastic jabs towards him? 
Bidenworth2020
politicalmasta73
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #674 on: February 01, 2020, 04:04:54 PM »

Actually Buttigieg was very cool about these disruptors as well.

Bernie, as far as I know, only does rallies and never has to deal with this kind of thing.
Butti seems to be pretty thin-skinned at times, at least in debates. I won't go through his events, but I do not think he would be totally cool about stuff like this. Not necessarily blaming him, I just think Biden has over time become more comfortable with the fact that half the country will always hate him and doesn't freak out about it.
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 ... 58  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies