The Examiner: Election Tracker (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 20, 2024, 05:24:51 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The Examiner: Election Tracker (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The Examiner: Election Tracker  (Read 194205 times)
SPC
Chuck Hagel 08
Atlas Icon
Latvia

« on: March 20, 2008, 09:30:31 PM »

Thank you for completly leaving out the part where I said we should retrain Atlasian workers with Government money who lose their jobs so they have new skills and can still provide for themselves and their families. Roll Eyes

Sounds like he did you a favor by excluding that part. Cheesy
SPC
Chuck Hagel 08
Atlas Icon
Latvia

« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2008, 06:52:11 PM »

The Examiner
26 March 2008

NLC: Wixted favourite to fill D4 Vacancy

NLC Chairman Verily has opened the party’s decision making process on who to fill the District 4 vacancy.

Despite early support for MAS from Gov. AndrewCT, MAS withdrew himself from consideration following a declaration of interest from Fmr. President Colin Wixted.

The declaration was quickly followed by declarations of support from across the party including: Sen. Hashemite; Rockefeller Republican; Gov. Andrew CT; and, SoFA Moderate.

However, NLC newcomer South Park Conservative would seem to also be in the running. He has declared himself to be “willing to take the seat” and indeed “willing to caucus with the party on important issues”.

Though Colin Wixted must be seen as the strong favourite to take the position, South Park Conservative seems eager to put the matter to a vote.

Fair is fair. When Mr. Moderate's seat became vacant after he was appointed SoFA, they looked to people within his district to replace him before they looked elsewhere (Hashmite, a resident of the district, ultimately took the seat). Are they going to treat Jake's vacant seat differently because Colin wishes to take the seat? It sounds like a double standard to me.
SPC
Chuck Hagel 08
Atlas Icon
Latvia

« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2008, 11:21:32 PM »

The Examiner
5 April 2008

Lewis & ilikeverin Ticket to Run Again?

Comments by both Lewis Trondheim and Midwest Governor ilikeverin, suggest that there could be a re-emergence of their February 2007 Presidential campaigns. That campaign saw the pair run 2 tickets Lewis/ilikeverin and ilikeverin/Lewis.

The comments mark the first speculation on possible tickets for the next presidential election in June.

With Verin's platform of abolsihing the federal government, he has a good chance at getting my support.
SPC
Chuck Hagel 08
Atlas Icon
Latvia

« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2008, 05:45:05 PM »

South Park Conservative had a strong showing in the special election, though that was primarily due to his actually being from District 4 (same goes for Lewis—had Colin been a resident of D4 there is no question that he would have won the race, probably handily).  He's likely to get preferenced solely by conservatives, and then probably not high enough to actually beat out Jake or Bacon King for the fifth slot just based on PR-STV mechanics.

I out-preferenced Jake in the NLC primary, and he's not been actively campaigning amongnst conservatives, so I think I have an advantage over him.
SPC
Chuck Hagel 08
Atlas Icon
Latvia

« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2008, 08:35:05 PM »

Why the media blackout on my coup and the subsequent regional court ruling?
SPC
Chuck Hagel 08
Atlas Icon
Latvia

« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2008, 02:33:02 PM »

I liked the last election that ended at 6 PM EST much better.  I don't know if I'm going to stay up until midnight on a school day

You have school this week?
SPC
Chuck Hagel 08
Atlas Icon
Latvia

« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2008, 02:35:17 PM »

I liked the last election that ended at 6 PM EST much better.  I don't know if I'm going to stay up until midnight on a school day

You have school this week?
Tomorrow and half day Tuesday.  Yeah it sucks.  BTW, don't look now but SouthParkConservative is back in the 5th slot

Oh well. I don't have school until January 5, leaving all of Hannukah off. Tongue
BTW, are you in high school or college?
SPC
Chuck Hagel 08
Atlas Icon
Latvia

« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2008, 02:42:17 PM »

Did you tell him by aim or whatever to come out of his cave, or do you just keep all RPP members' passwords somewhere? Tongue (He counts as active, btw. He last was active 5 1/2 weeks ago, but he was very active until then.)

I actually wasn't expecting RowanBrandon to vote, but I'm certainly not complaining.
SPC
Chuck Hagel 08
Atlas Icon
Latvia

« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2008, 02:53:20 PM »

Did you tell him by aim or whatever to come out of his cave, or do you just keep all RPP members' passwords somewhere? Tongue (He counts as active, btw. He last was active 5 1/2 weeks ago, but he was very active until then.)
To be honest, I did PM a lot of RPP members I could think of to come out and vote, but RowanBrandon was one I forgot
Well PMs are only read by people who're actually accessing the forum anyways.
When someone comes back after a month, you assume he was contacted off-forum (not that that's illegal or anything, but it's somewhere I personally will not go.)

Don't PMs get sent to you by e-mail as well?
SPC
Chuck Hagel 08
Atlas Icon
Latvia

« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2008, 02:54:43 PM »

To be honest, I did PM a lot of RPP members I could think of to come out and vote, but RowanBrandon was one I forgot
Well PMs are only read by people who're actually accessing the forum anyways.
When someone comes back after a month, you assume he was contacted off-forum (not that that's illegal or anything, but it's somewhere I personally will not go.)
Frankly, I had completely forgotten about him.  But its a vote Smiley

I PMed any party members who hadn't voted yet, so that probably explains it.
SPC
Chuck Hagel 08
Atlas Icon
Latvia

« Reply #10 on: December 21, 2008, 04:08:56 PM »

And yet you have nothing against Benconstine voting for you?

There's nothing wrong with benconstine voting. There would be a problem had "populist" voted for him.
SPC
Chuck Hagel 08
Atlas Icon
Latvia

« Reply #11 on: December 22, 2008, 12:38:25 AM »

I honestly did not think there was any way both myself and SPC could win

The RPP has 22 voters.
9 votes wins a seat.

Anything less than 2 seats would have been a very poor performance by the RPP.

Nobody knew beforehand that 9 votes would win a seat. Last election, it was 12 votes.
SPC
Chuck Hagel 08
Atlas Icon
Latvia

« Reply #12 on: March 08, 2009, 11:57:04 AM »

This result shows how co-operation can overcome party advantage. Now let's see more of it! Congratulations to Franzl.
No it doesn't.  If you are trying to say that the RPP is somewhat weaker you are wrong.  In case you

Um...read what I posted again. Rather than what you think I'm writing.
Your post would seem to imply that the RPP can easily be written off if for the cooperation of independents.

No. I said they can easily be beaten if there is co-operation. That is different from 'written off' Notice how the first preferences for Makoria filtered down to Franzl - that's what I mean by co-operation.

Well, obvious there is a left wing advantage in Atlasia. What's more impressive is that the RPP will most likely control half of the Senate despite this advantage.
SPC
Chuck Hagel 08
Atlas Icon
Latvia

« Reply #13 on: March 08, 2009, 12:08:54 PM »

This result shows how co-operation can overcome party advantage. Now let's see more of it! Congratulations to Franzl.

Thanks Afleitch Smiley

I actually didn't want to declare victory or anything until voting actually closed....and I won't.

But I will say I'm quite optimistic right now. Smiley

Well, your voting for yourself this time might have something to do with it.
SPC
Chuck Hagel 08
Atlas Icon
Latvia

« Reply #14 on: March 10, 2009, 05:46:43 PM »

DWTL for PPT!
SPC
Chuck Hagel 08
Atlas Icon
Latvia

« Reply #15 on: April 05, 2009, 11:18:24 AM »

How would at play out when the federal government sends funding, I would assume in Atlasian dollars, if the SE doesn't accept them.

The way I authored the bill, I would intend for the Dirty Southern regional government to take these Atlasian dollars out of circulation, such as putting them in some warehouse. This also has good effects for the rest of Atlasia, because with the Atlasian dollars being taken out of circulation, people in the other four regions currently holding Atlasian dollars will hold more purchasing power.

In retrospect, I should have put a provision saying that the Dirty South will acquire gold reserves to do this.

With respect to the constitutionality of this, I stated in the proposed amendment that it would not be considered legal tender, and would be enforced on purely voluntary means, since presumably Dirty Southerners would prefer money backed by gold to fiat money when given the choice.
SPC
Chuck Hagel 08
Atlas Icon
Latvia

« Reply #16 on: April 09, 2009, 11:12:48 AM »

The act amkes clear it intends to take it out of circulation though voluntary means. This could be done through dollar-dixie currency exchange. I admit that the act was poorly worded, and I should write it better for next election's ballot.
SPC
Chuck Hagel 08
Atlas Icon
Latvia

« Reply #17 on: April 10, 2009, 01:04:17 AM »

The act amkes clear it intends to take it out of circulation though voluntary means. This could be done through dollar-dixie currency exchange. I admit that the act was poorly worded, and I should write it better for next election's ballot.

The Act does no such thing. Section 1a is very clear in committing the regional government to removing dollars from circulation.

The measure is both legislative and economic nonsense. In the real world a similar measure would result in national economic turmoil and extreme volatity. It marks a vote of no confidence in the national currency and is arguably only marginally short of a declaration of independence. It is a wonderful example of regional negligence and incompetence.

For reference:
Freedom of Currency Amendment
1. Article I, Section XII, shall be added to read the following:
a. The government of the Dirty South shall gradually take Atlasian dollars out of circulation within the Dirty South.
b. The government of the Dirty South shall circulate currency called "dixies," which can be exchangable for a pegged amount of gold at any time.
c. Section 2 will be enforced on a purely voluntary basis, and no legal tender laws will be used to force businesses to accept dixies as currency.

While I forgot to mention that this also applied to Section 1, I had assumed that the Southeast Constitution would have prevented us from using coercive means to take Atlasian dollars out of circulation. It was certainly the intent of the author to accomplish ths through voluntary means. This sends a message to Nyman that the Southeast would like to reconsider a gold standard, and will take it into its own hands if it doesn't.
SPC
Chuck Hagel 08
Atlas Icon
Latvia

« Reply #18 on: April 19, 2009, 09:25:26 AM »

The Examiner Senate Election Tracker - Update

Last Voter: Hughento
Total Valid Votes Cast: 54
Current Quota: 10

Count 1Votes
Bacon King9(Bacon King, Al, BRTD, bgwah, Rob, Ogre Mage, Ebowed, Sensei, Meeker)
afleitch9(Speed of Sound, Hawk, Hash, AndrewCT, Verin, bullmoose, Lunar, Gustaf, Afleitch)
Lief8(opebo, Lief, Earl, Marokai, Smash, Eraserhead, MaxQue, GMantis)
South Park Conservative8(benconstine, RowanBrandon, South Park Conservative, dead0man, Persepolis, tmthforu94, PiT, Inks, NCYankee)
Franzl8(Franzl, Verily, idealist, Happy, Torie, Moderate, Jamespol, Hughento)
Purple State6(Purple State, Fritz, Lewis, devilman, CultureKing, Peter)
DownWithTheLeft6(DownWithTheLeft, AHDuke, Jedi, Daniel Adams, BrandonH, Luis Gonzalez)

I don't feel like looking it up right now, but either Purple State or DWTL is eliminated.
SPC
Chuck Hagel 08
Atlas Icon
Latvia

« Reply #19 on: April 19, 2009, 10:23:39 PM »

For the record, I have already discussed privately with DWTL that I don't want the seat under these cricumstances.
SPC
Chuck Hagel 08
Atlas Icon
Latvia

« Reply #20 on: April 20, 2009, 05:43:49 PM »

I'm sure many of you wishing SPC well won't have the same thoughts if he chooses to challenge HW

I hadn't even thought of that.
SPC
Chuck Hagel 08
Atlas Icon
Latvia

« Reply #21 on: April 20, 2009, 10:33:25 PM »

Wow, it seems after my defeat, I'm gotten the most praise since I joined Atlasia. Tongue
SPC
Chuck Hagel 08
Atlas Icon
Latvia

« Reply #22 on: April 20, 2009, 10:37:39 PM »

Wow, it seems after my defeat, I'm gotten the most praise since I joined Atlasia. Tongue

Well, I'm willing to buck the trend.

Your attempts at legislating in the Senate have been embarrassing and the fact that your colleagues find it necessary to work out some sort of 'compromise' with many of these ideas rather than rejecting them outright has certainly been unfortunate.

I'd say that the embarrasement is that they were passed in the first place. Given that my party controlled half of the Senate, I doubt that outright rejection would be as feasible as you make it sound, and for good reason.
SPC
Chuck Hagel 08
Atlas Icon
Latvia

« Reply #23 on: August 21, 2009, 11:38:56 AM »

Where are the other rounds?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies