Should the IDS abandon imperial nomenclature? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 10:42:24 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Should the IDS abandon imperial nomenclature? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Should the IDS abandon imperial nomenclature?
Yes (IDS resident)
No (IDS resident)
Yes (Non-IDS resident)
No (Non-IDS resident)
Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Author Topic: Should the IDS abandon imperial nomenclature?  (Read 1825 times)
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« on: May 20, 2013, 12:55:47 PM »

Yes. Absolutely
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2013, 11:20:29 AM »
« Edited: May 21, 2013, 11:28:23 AM by Prez Duke »

The probem with the politics of the region is not the book's cover but the content. The fact that it is constantly being subjected to pointless bs like the exchange being carried out in this thread. If they focused more on getting the best policy and less on establishing a definition for carpetbagger so that it best applies only to their opponents, the situation would not be nearly as bad as it is.

Yes, which is why these silly titles are a mere side show that distract us from the real issues. Once we rid ourselves of them, we can get back to work.

I would have no problem with the titles if they were inherently southern, but they're not. It's just some silly naming scheme put in my a previous administration that either had nothing else better to do or worse yet, actually liked the names. As I said many times before, this isn't medieval England/Lord of the Rings, this is the south. Bring back the Governor's Plantation, please, for god's sake, move our capital out of Memphis, Tennessee, reinstate Friday afternoon bourbon time with the governor, and please bring back tea time and pimento cheese sandwiches.

The IDS is no more part of the South's heritage than the so called "carpetbaggers" who have joined the region in the past year that some like to use as a lighten rod. It's silly for the so called traditionalists to rant about how awful they are while in turn supporting the Imperial stuff.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2013, 08:18:36 PM »

FTR I am not even advocating bringing back the Dirty South, even though I miss it. I just want our actual southern traditions and terms back. Not these silly imperial names and royal guards, coat of arms, and imperial police.

Oh, and why on earth did we move the capital from Charleston to Memphis?! That's the saddest part of it all.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2013, 09:06:21 AM »

We never officially moved it from Memphis? I never resided in that terrible place during my years as governor. Tongue

I forgot just how rebellious the RPP was back in those days. Wink
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2013, 12:20:04 PM »

That's not what The People want, Cathy. Are you still on Our side?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies