The People's White House: Duke Administration (On my Farewell) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 22, 2024, 06:10:13 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The People's White House: Duke Administration (On my Farewell) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The People's White House: Duke Administration (On my Farewell)  (Read 18205 times)
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« on: November 20, 2013, 07:00:14 PM »

Do I need to alter the text I introduced in that case?
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2014, 09:49:12 PM »

I have been supporting you for President for a length of time longer than most people have even been playing this game and I am happy to do so again. You stuck with me when they said it was nuts to try and helped me to revive the RPP from the throes of death into the success, into the greatness that was so unfortunately deprived from us by force. Out of those ashes you created a new party and even offered me a home in it. We have disagreed at times, but we have worked together far more. Four months ago this country united and we made history together. Lets come together and make history one more time! Smiley
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2014, 07:26:38 PM »

ewww yeaahhhh the primary reason I have never run for President. Tongue

It is so hard to program err find good help these days. Wink
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2014, 02:38:05 AM »

Duke you are nothing if not aspirational. Smiley So many positive waves! Maybe we can't lose, you're on. I endorse this plan to try and bring back Simfan. Cheesy
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2014, 03:12:42 PM »

IS that even legal?
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2014, 06:47:48 PM »

I don't see how it can be labeled single payer when it covers 80% and someone else pays the remaining 20%. Can we atleast get some more accurate terminology to use. Single payer is such a controversial phrase and it is become a euphemism for any kind of a national healthcare system in some places.

The savings accounts portion interests me though, and the use of the payroll tax is not unlike what the present system uses and what the framework shua and I are working on uses.

The biggest difference is that our plan would allow for lateral competition amongst plans as opposed to the tiered system (gov't pays first X% followed by supplemental plans) like both the present system uses and that example you cite (In fact that only different between that model and the present design of Fritzcare is that Singapore has one level of reimbursement for coverage as opposed to a sliding scale of covered benefit and none of those savings account components).
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2014, 07:00:34 PM »

2012 Fritzcare               Singapore Model    Framework Shua and I are Making.
1. Limited Market/Supplemental Only                           Market Competing Public Option
2. Sliding Scale Benefit        Singular Benefit level        Sliding Scale Premium Subsidy
3. Insurance and Payroll     Payroll                               Payroll and Insurance (subject to change)
4. No Savings Accounts       PSA and OCF                     TBD
5. Fully Covered                  Doesn't Appear to Be        Fully Covered
6. Disaster                          Discourages Private          Doesn't Distinguish                          

1. Insurance Market Structure
2. Benefit Structure.
3. Taxes
4. Savings Accounts Present.
5. Preventative Care.
6. Treatment of Hospitals Private vs. Public.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2014, 07:01:25 PM »

I'm OK with government intervention here. Sometimes the government can be good in some things. I don't know if the Singapore model can work here, but I think it's worth discussing mainly because of its efficiency, and I LOVE efficient systems. Singapore has both private and public hospitals, and that fulfills a goal of mine when it comes to solving this problem. I am not in favor of nationalizing all hospitals, if I haven't made that clear already.

I am fine with some level of intervention as well. WE need to cover the poor and we need to cover preventative care.

It has both, but you posted that the coverage level that 80% is for public only. That means private hospitals would be at a severe disadvantage. How many private hospitals are there in Singapore as a percent of the whole? I would guess very few, because the system as you describe would eventually lead to a closed system, with privates shut out. Once again it also couldn't be singlepayer, because if it were, then the very system you cite as having private hospitals would not unless that is a class of private insurance ou there that covers care at private hospitals.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #8 on: July 04, 2014, 04:01:21 AM »
« Edited: July 04, 2014, 04:03:22 AM by Senator North Carolina Yankee »

Quote from: Restricted
You must be logged in to read this quote.
KC and the Sunshine Band ftw. Wink Listening to the original version would make it even more moving.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies