Next Trump shoe to drop megathread - Latest: producers suggest racists rants (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 02:10:14 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Next Trump shoe to drop megathread - Latest: producers suggest racists rants (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Next Trump shoe to drop megathread - Latest: producers suggest racists rants  (Read 13361 times)
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

« on: October 09, 2016, 03:20:27 PM »

At least he will have a career in hip-hop after the campaign between this and the way he talks about women.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2016, 03:51:15 PM »

At least he will have a career in hip-hop after the campaign between this and the way he talks about women.

this is the most annoying non-point I see from "christian" conservatives: most hip hop artists were born into poverty and thus their music describes the experience from someone who didn't get the same educational opportunities as a Donald Trump. They also aren't running for President, so shouldn't be held to Presidential standards.

It is made by people with millions of dollars (whom I'm sure could go back to college if they wanted and are just as intelligent as Trump) and enjoyed by millions of middle class Americans.  And there are millions of people born into poverty who have high character and don't use such things as an excuse.  I don't hold "artists" to the standards of someone running for president, but don't pretend you are suddenly sickened by it just because it is coming from Trump instead of a cool person.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2016, 04:05:07 PM »

this is the most annoying non-point I see from "christian" conservatives: most hip hop artists were born into poverty and thus their music describes the experience from someone who didn't get the same educational opportunities as a Donald Trump. They also aren't running for President, so shouldn't be held to Presidential standards.

It is made by people with millions of dollars (whom I'm sure could go back to college if they wanted and are just as intelligent as Trump) and enjoyed by millions of middle class Americans.  And there are millions of people born into poverty who have high character and don't use such things as an excuse.  I don't hold "artists" to the standards of someone running for president, but don't pretend you are suddenly sickened by it just because it is coming from Trump instead of a cool person.

My point is that hip hop describes a reality for people whose voices aren't often heard. I'm not saying everyone born into poverty has high moral character, but I am saying that it is more likely to have a warped value system because of that struggle to survive. Someone who didn't get a high school degree and is living in the barest of circumstances is far more likely to have the kind of views of women Trump has than a person who had the opportunities to do so. I think that's obvious.

Trump is not someone describing the realities of black poverty and the mindset that comes with it - he's just a spoiled rich kid who thinks he can grope any woman he wants.

That mindset doesn't automatically arise out of black poverty and isn't unique to it. Trump seems well acquainted with it.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies