If you were to convert.... (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 08:03:57 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Discussion
  Religion & Philosophy (Moderator: Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.)
  If you were to convert.... (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Which of the following religions (other than your own, if you are religious) would you most consider joining?  You can pick only up to three,  
Roman Catholic Church

Eastern Orthodox Church

Reform Judaism

Conservative Judaism

Orthodox Judaism

Mahayana Buddhism

Theravada Buddhism

Hinduism

Sikhism

Sunni Islam

Shi'a Islam

Neo-Paganism (including Wicca)

Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints (Mormonism)

Baha'i

Pentacostalism

Anglicanism

Methodism

Church of Scientology

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 69

Calculate results by number of options selected
Author Topic: If you were to convert....  (Read 11252 times)
War on Want
Evilmexicandictator
Junior Chimp
Uzbekistan

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -8.00

« on: February 17, 2008, 02:56:07 PM »

Anglicanism, Methodism and Pentacosalism. Yeah I am a pretty stalwart Protestant. No Catholics allowed Tongue.
War on Want
Evilmexicandictator
Junior Chimp
Uzbekistan

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -8.00

« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2008, 11:47:12 PM »

Anglicanism, Methodism and Pentacosalism. Yeah I am a pretty stalwart Protestant. No Catholics allowed Tongue.

A number of my Baptist relatives believe I am Catholic already.  The Episcopal Church (The US branch of the Anglican Communion) can be pretty similar to the RCC. 

Actually, I could be okay with being Catholic if they dropped Papal infallibility, allowed the ordination of women and kept moving in the Vatican Two direction instead of the Opus Dei direction.
Well same with me actually. For some reason though I am pretty anti-Catholic. I like some of the social beliefs on how God's laws transcend human laws, and some of their programs, but I never liked their Church structure, Saints, and other things.
The odd part is my Mexican side of the family is extremely Protestant, to the extent that when my Grandpa married my Grandma lots of the members of his family looked down on him for marrying a Catholic. While my German/Irish side of the family is fairly Catholic, and make jokes at my family for being "Evangelical".
It is like everything dealing with my family is opposite of the real world. lol
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies