Should the Democratic Superdelegates refuse to nominate Clinton? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 25, 2024, 08:02:37 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Should the Democratic Superdelegates refuse to nominate Clinton? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Given Comey's statement, who should get the Democratic nomination?
Clinton (D)

Clinton (R/I)

Not Clinton (D)

Not Clinton (R/I)

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 77

Author Topic: Should the Democratic Superdelegates refuse to nominate Clinton?  (Read 8926 times)
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -4.35

« on: July 06, 2016, 10:47:25 AM »

Hillary's supporters are among the most disenfranchised and systematically oppressed people in America. So let's ignore them even more!
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2016, 10:59:06 AM »

Hillary's supporters are among the most disenfranchised and systematically oppressed people in America. So let's ignore them even more!

You're right. All Hillary supporters have it so much worse than Blacks, Native Americans, undocumented immigrants, and Muslims.

Hillary overwhelmingly won minorities...

Huh
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2016, 03:04:38 PM »

You're right. All Hillary supporters have it so much worse than Blacks, Native Americans, undocumented immigrants, and Muslims.

Hillary overwhelmingly won minorities...

Huh

Okay, and white male Hillary supporters are more oppressed than minorities who supported Sanders because....?

I didn't say that, although I admit my wording could have been confusing...

Statistically, Hillary supporters are more likely to be people who've been oppressed based on certain markers of their identity. Ignoring the will of the voters who gave her the nomination would, by extension, be yet another way of oppressing these people who already experience serious systematic oppression.

Individuals who have been oppressed have obviously supported both candidates. But if you were to disenfranchise the whole group of supporters for one candidate or the other, it's pretty clear that Hillary's base, as a whole, would be more used to this bullsh-t than Sanders'.  
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies