If the Adam and Eve story is literal, wouldn't the world be horribly inbred? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 17, 2024, 07:30:07 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Discussion
  Religion & Philosophy (Moderator: Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.)
  If the Adam and Eve story is literal, wouldn't the world be horribly inbred? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: If the Adam and Eve story is literal, wouldn't the world be horribly inbred?  (Read 21375 times)
Aizen
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -9.22

« on: May 13, 2009, 11:25:36 AM »
« edited: May 13, 2009, 11:28:28 AM by Aizen »

I'll take the Adam and Eve story over the evolution story any day.

Congratulations, you're an idiot. Seriously, what makes the Adam and Eve story credible? The part where god rips out Adam's rib and grows Eve from it?

That is true, my high school teacher didn't teach it because she didn't believe in it and in college I didn't take any classes that taught it. So all that I know of it is what I have read and heard about it.

Wow, I feel bad for you now. Growing up in a poor school system where ignorance is promoted.
Aizen
YaBB God

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2009, 04:21:06 PM »

Congratulations, you're an idiot. Seriously, what makes the Adam and Eve story credible? The part where god rips out Adam's rib and grows Eve from it?

So people who don't agree with you are idiots? Way to be an open minded liberal! That really pisses me off, the liberals say they are so open minded but as soon as someone believe different then they do then they call them idiots and crap like that. On the other hand alot of true conservatives don't give a crap what you believe or how you live and are called bigots.

*a lot

Let us pretend someone believes the world is 6000 years old or they think the world is flat. I am going to consider them an idiot. Your belief is along the exact same lines. Do you understand?
Aizen
YaBB God

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2009, 05:15:26 PM »

So people who don't agree with you are idiots? Way to be an open minded liberal! That really pisses me off, the liberals say they are so open minded but as soon as someone believe different then they do then they call them idiots and crap like that. On the other hand alot of true conservatives don't give a crap what you believe or how you live and are called bigots.

*a lot

Let us pretend someone believes the world is 6000 years old or they think the world is flat. I am going to consider them an idiot. Your belief is along the exact same lines. Do you understand?

I believe that man is 6,000 years old, not necessarily the world.  Does that make me an idiot.  If it does, then I am PROUD to be an idiot.

We have fossils of Australopithecines from 4 million years ago.
Aizen
YaBB God

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2009, 06:28:09 PM »

*a lot

No I don't, because as far as I know, we weren't around back then so we really don't know what happen. You can call me an idiot for thinking that the bible is true all you want, but that doesn't make you right. It just makes you a bigot.

*happened

I'm not calling you an idiot based on your faith. Rather, I'm calling you an idiot because of your ignorance and your rejection of evidence. We have fossil records that date back millions of years. We have empirical evidence of bacteria evolving. They become immune to previous drugs and we have to alter our drugs to kill them. That is evolution at work. Evolution is of course not a perfect theory by any stretch of the imagination but when you claim "I'll take the Adam and Eve story over the evolution story any day" you are rejecting science. Do you believe in gravity? Do you think our planet is 6000 years old? I don't mind if you have faith in god but when you reject basic science like this, I consider you an idiot. Period. Quite frankly, I don't give a damn if you consider me a bigot or an elitist or whatever. I'm just being brutally honest. Do you understand?
Aizen
YaBB God

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2009, 10:43:07 PM »

He could have to test people, like the Tree of Life in the Garden of Eden. Also in the Bible it does say before the Great Flood that people did in fact mate with beast, and maybe just maybe that is how we got the bones of beings that look like ape people. (I said ape people because I don't know the true know of what you call them)

I...am...speechless....
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies