Lieberman-Lamont Showdown: The Results are coming in
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 22, 2024, 01:43:38 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Lieberman-Lamont Showdown: The Results are coming in
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18
Author Topic: Lieberman-Lamont Showdown: The Results are coming in  (Read 50207 times)
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #325 on: August 08, 2006, 10:19:31 PM »

Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson at Lamont's victory speech Smiley
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #326 on: August 08, 2006, 10:20:07 PM »

He beat the more liberal Lowell Weicker with the support of the Republican party in 1988.
Thank you JFern. Tongue
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #327 on: August 08, 2006, 10:21:59 PM »

A sad sad day how Joe Lieberman is running on this joke Connecticut For Lieberman party. The Republicans will be supporting him in the general election. If the man had the slightest shread of decency, he'd support the Democratic primary winner that he outspent 2-1, and had even more lopsided support amoung his fellow Senators and the out of tough beltway elite.

Lieberman is pure trash.The Republicans might as well withdraw their candidate, there's already a Republican on the ballot.

I could not agree more, jfern.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #328 on: August 08, 2006, 10:23:26 PM »

Lieberman was complaing that only a few Democrats would decide the primary. Guess what, instead of the 20% he predicted, it's more like 50%. So much for that excuse, Traitor Joe.
HardRCafé
YaBB God
Italy
« Reply #329 on: August 08, 2006, 10:24:26 PM »

He beat the more liberal Lowell Weicker with the support of the Republican party in 1988.

Weicker would not recognize moral if it raped him.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #330 on: August 08, 2006, 10:27:53 PM »

Lieberman was complaing that only a few Democrats would decide the primary. Guess what, instead of the 20% he predicted, it's more like 50%. So much for that excuse, Traitor Joe.

Geez, it's a wonder Lieberman didn't want to leave the Democrats. Roll Eyes

I held out hope that Lieberman would to the right thing. He didn't have the  decency.

If Lieberman losing was really so bad for the Democrats, then how come every single Republican supports Lieberman?
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #331 on: August 08, 2006, 10:28:03 PM »

Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson at Lamont's victory speech Smiley

Jew-haters for Lamont Party?
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

« Reply #332 on: August 08, 2006, 10:31:19 PM »

Why such hate on Lieberman?  Other than Iraq and the FCC crusades, his voting record's fine with me and I'd gladly have Joe Lieberman to replace Bobby Casey on our Dem ballot.  Sometimes even my own party doen't know when to stop the hate I'll admit.
jerusalemcar5
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -4.26, S: -8.35

« Reply #333 on: August 08, 2006, 10:31:43 PM »

Truly, this race was not that big of a deal to me.  Lieberman certainly is one of the worse Democrats in Congress and Lamont more fit my views and I supported Lamont, but if Lieberman one I wasn't going to be sad.  However the real things that irk me are

1)There aren't more strong primaries against incumbents.  Primaries were invented to keep incumbents in check with their parties, but our corrupt sysytem has led us to a place where a primary against an incumbent is basically unheard of, and if there is one, he/she is a joke.  I almsot always support challengers because I think if you sit there too long you stop truly reprseting the people and tsart representing yourself.

2)Lieberman ignores the will of his own party and is running as an independent.  At least have the decency to leave the party if you'd do something like that.  To call yourself a Demcorat and ignore the wishes of the people in your party is not a principle of the Democratic Party.  Disgraceful.  I could only respect him if he came out and said he is an Independent, but he is such a politician he focuses only on what is best for him and not anyone else.  He has proven that before, but cemented it tonight.
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

« Reply #334 on: August 08, 2006, 10:33:00 PM »

Congrats to Lamont and I will be supporting him over Lieberman if he decides to run as an Independent.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #335 on: August 08, 2006, 10:35:52 PM »

Congrats to Lamont and I will be supporting him over Lieberman if he decides to run as an Independent.

Lieberman already announced.

Don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out, Lieberman.
jimrtex
Atlas Icon
Marshall Islands

« Reply #336 on: August 08, 2006, 10:37:22 PM »

The statewide vote in non-presidential years in Connecticut has been about 1 million.   Just short of 300,000 voted in the Democrat primary.

How will the the other 700,000 vote?
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

« Reply #337 on: August 08, 2006, 10:37:53 PM »

Lieberman already announced.

Don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out, Lieberman.

Yeah, he's assinine for doing so however.  I would have voted Lamont, but I don't share the hate for Lieberman you do.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #338 on: August 08, 2006, 10:38:09 PM »

any source of the results by township?

I wnat to make a map.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #339 on: August 08, 2006, 10:38:22 PM »

I held out hope that Lieberman would to the right thing. He didn't have the  decency.

If Lieberman losing was really so bad for the Democrats, then how come every single Republican supports Lieberman?

Republicans support Lieberman because he is one of a select few uniters left in our government.  He isn't easily broken by the partisan leadership of his party and fights to represent the actual will of the Connecticut public and not his party.  Senators' main purpose is to forward their state, not their party and that's what Lieberman does.

Translation: He's good for the Republican party, and bad for America and the Democratic party.
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #340 on: August 08, 2006, 10:40:53 PM »

Lamont's speech was about one of the worst "victory speeches" I've ever heard, so adolescent and juvenile, geez. 

That's the quality might end up losing him the general election, when I think he probably has a slight advantage now.  It really appears to me like he could show himself up to being an empty suit before the general commences.  I give it about a 50% chance.

jmo
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

« Reply #341 on: August 08, 2006, 10:42:00 PM »

Republicans support Lieberman because he is one of a select few uniters left in our government.  He isn't easily broken by the partisan leadership of his party and fights to represent the actual will of the Connecticut public and not his party.  Senators' main purpose is to forward their state, not their party and that's what Lieberman does.

Translation: He's good for the Republican party, and bad for America and the Democratic party.

How many Democrats voted for the war in 2003 and realize that they made a mistake now?  Yeah, that's what I thought.  I was a proud Joe Hoeffel voter in 2004 and encouraged him to run again for Senate this year.  Like Lieberman, he voted for the war too.  Being bi-partisan isn't always a bad thing jfern and I have voted Republican in my past.
jman724
Rookie
United States

« Reply #342 on: August 08, 2006, 10:42:43 PM »

I just hope no one paints this as a huge victory for lamont.  it was a thin margin, and the rest of connecticut isn't as psycho as those who voted in the primary. 
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #343 on: August 08, 2006, 10:43:26 PM »

Lamont's speech was about one of the worst "victory speeches" I've ever heard, so adolescent and juvenile, geez. 

That's the quality might end up losing him the general election, when I think he probably has a slight advantage now.  It really appears to me like he could show himself up to being an empty suit before the general commences.  I give it about a 50% chance.

jmo

Doesn't really matter.  Lamont represents a movement more than he is an individual.  He fits in perfectly because he has the finances, not necessarily because of who he is. 
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #344 on: August 08, 2006, 10:43:56 PM »

I just hope no one paints this as a huge victory for lamont.  it was a thin margin, and the rest of connecticut isn't as psycho as those who voted in the primary. 

It is a huge victory.  Incumbents never lose in their senate primaries.  Ever.
jimrtex
Atlas Icon
Marshall Islands

« Reply #345 on: August 08, 2006, 10:46:40 PM »

any source of the results by township?

I wnat to make a map.
Results by Town

If that doesn't work, try the Hartford Courant and click on results by town.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #346 on: August 08, 2006, 10:47:01 PM »

Lieberman should stop this Connecticut For Lieberman nonsense at once and go whine about primary defeats with Cynthia McKinney.
nini2287
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 2.77, S: -3.39

« Reply #347 on: August 08, 2006, 10:47:54 PM »

jmo

Do you have a link?
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

« Reply #348 on: August 08, 2006, 10:51:52 PM »

Lieberman should stop this Connecticut For Lieberman nonsense at once and go whine about primary defeats with Cynthia McKinney.

Cynthia McKinney?  I'm glad that racist lunatic is gone.  She is killing the Democratic party.  Shje actually got replaced by a much more sensible Democrat.
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #349 on: August 08, 2006, 10:52:51 PM »

Cynthia McKinney?  I'm glad that racist lunatic is gone.  She is killing the Democratic party.  Shje actually got replaced by a much more sensible Democrat.

The other guy's a poverty pimp too, of course, but he's probably less vocal and the media will pay less attention to him.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies