Free & Progressive Denmark full of genocide deniers (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 22, 2024, 10:20:49 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Free & Progressive Denmark full of genocide deniers (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Free & Progressive Denmark full of genocide deniers  (Read 873 times)
Battista Minola 1616
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -1.57

« on: October 06, 2023, 03:00:42 AM »

It's an open secret at best that the opinions of many Danes on the people of Greenland, and the relationship of the Danish state with them much of the time, sit somewhere between "Winnipeg and First Nations" and "Budapest and Romani" on the scale of enlightened liberalism.
Battista Minola 1616
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -1.57

« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2023, 06:53:58 PM »

Damned if you do and damned if you don’t.

43% of Greenlanders born in the 70ties experienced sexual abuse through their childhood. This resulted in two things, many children tended to be removed especially if the parents moved to the mainland where there was greater interaction with social workers, especially if the parent also had substance abuse. But we also saw some doctors deal with the epidemic of teen pregnancies by inserting coils in teen girls, this started under the Danish administration but continued under Greenlandic home rule. This was incredible problematic both because the girls weren’t informed and it was simply symptom treatment of a rampant sexual abuse epidemic.

Also no it’s not an open secret that Greenlanders are seen as gypsies, you need to be incredible ignorant to think that. This doesn’t mean that negative stereotypes of Greenlanders doesn’t exist, but they’re not about Greenlanders being thieves, robbers or other criminals like the Romani, but about them being drunks.

I was going to let Nathan's first comment suffice but given how the situation there escalated I want to reply myself. My quip was meant to evoke a broad similarity in degree of negative stereotyping (and certain state policies) but I should have made myself more clear - "much of the time" was including all the past and of course I don't think the Inuit are seen as gypsies. I will concede your points. I think the brouhaha that followed could have been avoided.

Ignore such comparisons, they are purely designed as quips for the dandy band of Old Generation international posters to guffaw behind their keyboards. While they mock Americans for their own clumsy comparisons between the Midwest and Red Wall.

This is the 2023 version of windjammer telling me the standard for everything I post is "behaving like an arsehole to impress Al".
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies