Update for Everyone VIII: He who laughs have the last laugh (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 11, 2024, 03:50:31 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update for Everyone VIII: He who laughs have the last laugh (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Update for Everyone VIII: He who laughs have the last laugh  (Read 106568 times)
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« on: October 24, 2020, 06:57:40 PM »

I may or may not have gotten the job for hypothetical clubbing money, but I at least got the energy to continue on looking.

Small steps, small steps that you can do that isn’t too late no matter how long you get to restart them.
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2020, 11:40:09 AM »

So otherwise the symptoms I’m having are a much more sh!t• flu. Only problem is that I can barely think for protracted periods of time. Other then that I’m having breathing problems and my senses are bad rn.

I’m staying locked in my room for 2-4 weeks, no exceptions.
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2020, 03:51:39 PM »

I just tested positive to COVID.
I feel very good however! A bit tired but that's all.
I wish the best for your health
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2020, 08:30:43 PM »

I’m feeling much better. Breathing is almost at normal, no more severe headaches and confusion, fever is down.

I urge everyone to take extra precautions when heading out; where a mask all the time outside your home excluding when you must eat, don’t touch lightposts for the walkway without gloves and/or 70% alcohol-based sanitizer, make sure you are 6 feet at minimum (13 to be safe) from other human beings.

I survived several months just b•••hing it, and I’m going to be much more careful from now on given my health. Stay safe and well y’all—support those pro-human and not pro-capital
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2020, 09:04:41 PM »

Lyfe is goin ok rn given alll the crazy
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2020, 01:55:10 AM »

Happy Birthday T’Chenka 🥳
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2020, 02:02:59 AM »

Talkin about things is hard. I’m so exhausted these recent days.
Tell me about it; we’re all feeling the slog today
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2020, 05:46:08 PM »

A lot has transpired in my life over the past ~10 weeks. My fiancee and I have relocated from Kansas City to Washington Island, Wisconsin after accepting a mutually beneficial arrangement with her mom. Her mom and her have had a fairly rocky relationship most of her life, so this was also meant to give them another chance to work things out; so far, it's not going so well between them. Her style of parenting and the little cultural differences that have emerged have certainly resulted in quite a lot of frustration between her and me as well, so that's been "fun." We plan on moving away in late winter, but she's adamant that we remain on the island. Needless to say, I'm not interested in staying - and not only because of the difficulties between her and us.

That leads me to my commentary on adjusting to truly rural living. This is a remote island, accessible solely by ferry, majority Trump voters, with a permanent population of only 705 people. The only music on the radio is Christian and Country, there's only one store (with limited winter hours), both churches are Evangelical Protestant, and right now hunting season using guns has begun and most men participate, and despite having one of the nation's highest Covid rates, the bars are packed with islanders and off-islanders coming for hunting season. I can only imagine how bad Covid is about to strike here. The culture clash of a left-wing city person from Florida who's never spent time in a truly rural area and never been around hunters living in a place like this has been very difficult on me. I've given this way of life a chance, but even my partner who's from here has found themselves yearning to "get back to civilization," as we say. The nature is absolutely and unquestionably beautiful; getting to see deer, turkeys, pheasants, a variety of squirrels, foxes, and so on on a daily basis, not to mention hearing the waves on Lake Michigan from our porch, has been very refreshing and pleasant. But, the culture of this place and its isolation? Not so much.

Since what little work that's available here in winter is all informal and based on who you know and what you can help them with around their property, I've had a lot more free time and was offered an excellent opportunity to return to my online university. Being older and having more experience, I felt ready to return and work towards improving my future opportunities by starting a Masters of Accountancy program with a specialization in Auditing. So far, so good in regards to that. I'm remaining as optimistic as I can be and counting down the days until we can get off this island and "get back to civilization." Rural life is just not for this person!
Your home should be in the outskirts of Madison, WI or the Twin City area in Minnesota tbh.
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2020, 03:51:06 PM »

Found out today I’m descended from Arabs, apparently 🤔

Me and my wife did one of those DNA tests, 23andMe, and I guess my mother, who is a second generation Italian-American, must actually be an Arab. I was expecting to see at least a good amount of Italian but nah only 2% Italian and 10x that amount between Turkish, Syrian, and Egyptian.

The rest was pretty much England and France which yeah sounds about right. Still shocked about the Middle East stuff tho. Some of u guys follow me on the gram u know how pale I am. Wtf.
I’m going to guess that the Arab factor is a mix between Maronite and Coptic Christians. A lot of Syrians, eastern Turks (in fact I’m guessing mixed Anatolian/Kurdish), and a few North Egyptians really could pass as Italian easily.
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #9 on: December 25, 2020, 11:00:25 AM »

The Nashville bombing is really putting a damper on my morning. I’m officially over 2020
Wait, what Nashville bombing?
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #10 on: December 26, 2020, 10:13:33 PM »

Even though materially my life has gotten much, much better in the short term; the world just seems to be enough on fire for me to be wrought with worry that could start affecting me down the road. Student loans and preparing for my career seems further from ever of being in my “control”, not to say of my inability to garner meaningful emotional stability.

Still, at some point all I have to do is just prepare for the future of my life, which I mean I am doing atm.
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #11 on: January 16, 2021, 11:51:09 PM »

If anyone of you have seen my recent posts in the R&P board, I’m entering this weird conflicting stage where I’m hovering between atheism and weird agnosticism where the binary is either no belief or misotheism.

I guess this means my lifestyle and “point” in life is rapidly changing. Odd that as I become edgier and a bit insufferable I’m actually improving in life from my standpoint.

I’m honestly confused at what has become of me at this point, mostly spiritually.
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2021, 01:28:36 AM »

After more than two years back to school and months back into work after a needed hiatus, I’m doing ok for myself. While it may be too late to reach what is optimal, it is never too late to reach what is bearable. I’m repairing my life after years of being stuck, and I feel at peace with picking things back up.
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #13 on: January 24, 2021, 04:39:07 PM »

I mentioned Atlas in an interview I had for a law school. They asked me how much time I spend on social media and I said "None, but I do spend a ton of time discussing politics with a group of strangers on an internet forum."

We'll see if I hear back from them...
Did you give them your username?
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #14 on: January 29, 2021, 01:23:52 PM »

I’m sorry for your loss.
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #15 on: February 11, 2021, 01:58:41 PM »

Stay safe Scott
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #16 on: February 26, 2021, 04:10:52 PM »

I’m set to get the vaccine in less than two months from now and I’m counting the days as they go by.
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #17 on: March 23, 2021, 01:11:34 AM »

I swear some professors have no business holding that title. This is going to be a rant, so be forewarned. For my accelerated math course we're required to submit weekly homework assignments. I asked the professor if I could type instead, as I have fine & gross motor issues. Even offered to provide proof, but no she wasn't willing. So I reached out to the disability center instead, and they sent her an email.  I thought that was the end of it, but of course not! She flew into a rage and sent me an extremely nasty email about my "unprofessionalism and going behind her back". Since then she's also started ignoring my questions during our zoom sessions, and become nitpicky in grading my work. I'm so over it, finally sent an email to the department chair. If that doesn't resolve anything, I'm honestly considering @ ing her on twitter to talk about her foul treatment of disabled students. Because it would be really funny to watch a social justice mob try to get her fired. Am I a petty ahole? Yes, yes I am.
You are not petty, it’s their bloody job to be considerate for something so small and understanding to almost anyone else. She isn’t with it, she can leave then.
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #18 on: April 05, 2021, 05:17:08 PM »

I just learned that Dylan Sprouse is a Germanic pagan. He's wearing a Mjölnir necklace in the picture in his Wikipedia infobox.

Everything is different now.
I know right, it was pretty shattering for me too when I found out about it last year.
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #19 on: May 05, 2021, 10:59:06 PM »

Between work and international border closures, 2020-2021 has been a sh!t year. But, there is a silver lining, as what little free time I had left this last year has been spent exploring my faith further, and a little over a month ago, at the Easter Vigil, I officially entered the Catholic Church. It has been my greatest source of peace I've found in the chaos that has been this last year, and probably one of the greatest joys I've experienced in my life so far.
To date, I still can’t believe you used to follow a religion practiced by several of my family members back home and my close friends.

Exactly, after having your formative years in the Baha’i faith, what’s your opinion of it?
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #20 on: May 05, 2021, 11:25:11 PM »

Between work and international border closures, 2020-2021 has been a sh!t year. But, there is a silver lining, as what little free time I had left this last year has been spent exploring my faith further, and a little over a month ago, at the Easter Vigil, I officially entered the Catholic Church. It has been my greatest source of peace I've found in the chaos that has been this last year, and probably one of the greatest joys I've experienced in my life so far.
To date, I still can’t believe you used to follow a religion practiced by several of my family members back home and my close friends.

Exactly, after having your formative years in the Baha’i faith, what’s your opinion of it?

I realize as I've gotten older that American Baha'is really aren't all that similar to ones in the Middle East. At least my experience growing up wasn't all that structured outside of feasts, Baha'i school (basically Sunday school but for the Baha'i faith), and Nowruz. It was basically like what you would expect from Americans with any new age religious movements. While we had some small numbers of actual Persian people who led in the communities and kept it more formal and organized at times, it felt kind of like a hippie gathering without the actual hippies or drugs.

To some degree, I kind of wish I paid more attention to the whole theology behind it, just so I can understand it more. My grandparents are significantly more devout than how my mom raised us (they live back in Alaska so they couldn't really reinforce it much), and as I got into my teenage years, I paid less and less attention in Baha'i school until we eventually stopped participating and practicing as a family.

So unfortunately, I don't really think I'd be the best source for giving an opinion on it, as I don't really feel I took it seriously enough.
I really do hope you continue on recognizing the beauty of the changing seasons with a feast and the whole table full of coins, garlic, saffron, samanu, mirrors, sabze, senjeh, and the rest of the shebang. I’m kinda happy that they are spreading such a beautiful tradition abroad. Shame the Akhundah are in power and unwilling to share turf.

Surprised there are Iroonis in Alaska, but not surprised about the rest. The American and overall western area of Baha’i faith are led by hipsters and hippies that get confused that the faith is more tightly controlled than the Orthodox churches. Several schisms have happened because of it.

The white yuppies may not however strayed that far off. There’s a lot of Iranian countercultural stuff baked into the faith, and its fractious history has only made it even more so. This is compared to stuff in Iran, so abstaining from fun like the finer things in life of enjoying the same fruit and usage of drugs are prohibited.
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #21 on: June 04, 2021, 10:09:14 AM »

If you always push for what you desire in several fixed yet possible points, you’ll succeed.

Today I stopped my obsessive hoarding and cleaned everything that needed to be done since I was 10. Felt good to finally let go of some stuff.
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #22 on: June 04, 2021, 10:18:35 AM »

If you always push for what you desire in several fixed yet possible points, you’ll succeed.

Today I stopped my obsessive hoarding and cleaned everything that needed to be done since I was 10. Felt good to finally let go of some stuff.

Good on you.

You kept all of the Stalin portraits on the wall though surely?
I never had them on my wall silly

I had them on my altar
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #23 on: June 04, 2021, 05:22:46 PM »

Good on you.

You kept all of the Stalin portraits on the wall though surely?
I never had them on my wall silly

I had them on my altar

Makes sense. After all Stalin is the Soviet icon.
How can he not be with that bushy stache?
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #24 on: June 08, 2021, 11:13:51 PM »

i'm thinking i should make a dr appointment even tho i am afraid of what they will say

i have been having such bad stomach pains almost every day im actually starting to worry u know
I’m honestly pretty terrified for you man. I know I was a massive d••k to you beforehand but please follow my strongly felt advice man

Go see a doctor
Pages: [1] 2  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies