1 Payer Megathread - Sanders discusses on MTP - Likely to run as Indy in 2018 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 07:16:48 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  1 Payer Megathread - Sanders discusses on MTP - Likely to run as Indy in 2018 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 1 Payer Megathread - Sanders discusses on MTP - Likely to run as Indy in 2018  (Read 12953 times)
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« on: September 12, 2017, 11:01:00 PM »

Per Twitter: "IT'S OFFICIAL: U.S. Senator Bernie Sanders #MedicareForAll bill has NO CO-PAYS, and covers mental health and vision!"

That's bad. I may have to pull my endorsement. Does it at least have some other form of cost-sharing to cut down on unnecessary utilization, like deductibles, coinsurance, etc.?
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2017, 08:54:14 PM »

If there are no premiums, deductibles, or copays then labeling this as "Medicare for All" rather than "Medicaid for All" is dishonest.

Like, shockingly dishonest from someone with the reputation of Bernie.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2017, 06:46:17 AM »

Sanders/Warren/Merkely should co-sponsor the medicare at 55 bill. Better than what we have currently and would help unite the party.

Medicare for Boomers < Medicare for All though.

This.
Also, I think it's very hypoctiyical for Sanders to run as an independent again. The Democratic party clearly embraced him and many of hid views, with so many Democrats notably supporting single-payer healthcare. Let him join them if he wants to have his influence.

The Democratic party told progressives to go f**k themselves.

Just you.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies