Virginia Mega Thread: The Youngkin Administration (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 20, 2024, 05:25:50 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Virginia Mega Thread: The Youngkin Administration (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Virginia Mega Thread: The Youngkin Administration  (Read 347586 times)
Benjamin Frank
Frank
Junior Chimp

« on: July 01, 2021, 10:10:12 PM »

Glenn Younkin Scrutinized for Pushing Layoffs

Associated Press: “While creating big profits for the firm’s investors, Carlyle’s deals sometimes triggered layoffs, outsourced jobs and complaints from the people served by the companies acquired.”

“Carlyle made investments in several companies under Youngkin’s leadership that moved at least 1,300 American jobs offshore.”

https://apnews.com/article/del-rey-virginia-seniors-business-government-and-politics-acf69af841f7752a3b08726d1f9feda5?emci=fb3ea6c8-60da-eb11-a7ad-501ac57b8fa7&emdi=f59474ab-66da-eb11-a7ad-501ac57b8fa7&ceid=1935543

I can't believe populist working class hero Youngkin would do this. /s
Benjamin Frank
Frank
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2022, 02:57:30 AM »

Looks like Democrats are doing to Youngkin what Republicans have done to Biden, of blaming Biden for all of America's problems on day one (all of Virginia's problems in this case.)

I wonder how many Republicans are now whining "How dare they do to us what we do to them?!"

Of course, the usual caveats: this is just one poll, it's on one issue, not overall approval of Youngkin, and it was sponsored by a left leaning advocacy organization.
Benjamin Frank
Frank
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2022, 12:35:00 PM »

Looks like Democrats are doing to Youngkin what Republicans have done to Biden, of blaming Biden for all of America's problems on day one (all of Virginia's problems in this case.)

I wonder how many Republicans are now whining "How dare they do to us what we do to them?!"

Of course, the usual caveats: this is just one poll, it's on one issue, not overall approval of Youngkin, and it was sponsored by a left leaning advocacy organization.

Seems noteworthy to note that the 44% number is from PPP and is as opposed to 42% disapprove, no? A positive approval rating from a Democratic-leaning pollster is hardly a bad sign.

PPP usually doesn't bias their samples, I provided the potential caveat, but your numbers are wrong:

"The survey, which was first seen by The Hill, found that 44 percent of Virginia voters polled said they approved of Youngkin's handling of the pandemic, while 47 percent said they disapproved."
Benjamin Frank
Frank
Junior Chimp

« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2022, 01:10:23 PM »

Seems noteworthy to note that the 44% number is from PPP and is as opposed to 42% disapprove, no? A positive approval rating from a Democratic-leaning pollster is hardly a bad sign.

PPP usually doesn't bias their samples, I provided the potential caveat, but your numbers are wrong:

"The survey, which was first seen by The Hill, found that 44 percent of Virginia voters polled said they approved of Youngkin's handling of the pandemic, while 47 percent said they disapproved."

He's still 44-42 on overall approval.

And PPP's results are definitely left-leaning, by a variety of factors even if their samples are sometimes okay.

I didn't see the overall approval numbers.  44-42 is pretty bad for a person who has been governor for 3 weeks or so and received 51% of the vote.  Again, the caveats apply.
Benjamin Frank
Frank
Junior Chimp

« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2022, 07:07:55 PM »

Youngkin’s Approval Rate Already Underwater
February 21, 2022 at 4:51 pm EST By Taegan Goddard 66 Comments

A new Wason Center poll in Virginia finds Gov. Glenn Younhkin’s (R) approval rate is already underwater, 41% to 43%.
Benjamin Frank
Frank
Junior Chimp

« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2022, 07:50:13 PM »

Youngkin’s Approval Rate Already Underwater
February 21, 2022 at 4:51 pm EST By Taegan Goddard 66 Comments

A new Wason Center poll in Virginia finds Gov. Glenn Younhkin’s (R) approval rate is already underwater, 41% to 43%.

This does not mean he's terribly unpopular and should not be exaggerated.  Youngkin is substantially more popular on net than Biden.  If this approval held until late 2023, it's probably enough for Dems to narrowly deny him a trifecta, but -2 net is really pretty good for an R in VA and suggests he continues to be viewed in a different light from Trump.

On the other hand, he's been governor for 1 month.
Benjamin Frank
Frank
Junior Chimp

« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2022, 10:39:20 PM »

Can we stop talking about Youngkin for 4 seconds? Seriously I’m not sure why anybody even cares about Virginia when he’s term limited and there’s barely any interesting elections next year

I don't mean to be a smartass, okay, actually I do: can you check the subject title? I don't think that should take even 4 seconds.
Benjamin Frank
Frank
Junior Chimp

« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2023, 09:28:59 AM »
« Edited: November 02, 2023, 10:10:22 AM by Benjamin Frank »

As the Republicans seem to have focused on the line of the 15 week abortion ban, I hope Virginia Democrats are pointing out that Republicans don't deserve the benefit of any doubt.

In Florida, for instance, during the 2022 campaign, Ron DeSantis replied to Charlie Crist bringing up the Texas abortion law by lying 'this is Florida not Texas, we have a 15 week law.' After DeSantis and the Republican state legislature were reelected, one of the first things they did was bring the Texas abortion law to Florida.

Nobody should believe a word Youngkin and the Republicans say.

Of course, this is in addition to the Trump nominated Republican Supreme Court Justices themselves who defacto lied about abortion before the U.S Senate and the American people to get on the Supreme Court in the first place.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies