Social Thread!
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 14, 2024, 12:03:16 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Social Thread!
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 ... 16
Author Topic: Social Thread!  (Read 31707 times)
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #150 on: August 15, 2010, 02:48:47 AM »

I am gonna spend Monday to tour UC Merced and tuesday is UC Davis. I am looking forward to it. It should be really fun. Cheesy and we might head up to San Diego to go check them out down there since I like the city last time i was there.

You want to go to UC Merced? Also, San Diego is down, not up.

I went to Claremont last week. It wasn't too bad.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #151 on: August 15, 2010, 02:24:47 PM »

I am gonna spend Monday to tour UC Merced and tuesday is UC Davis. I am looking forward to it. It should be really fun. Cheesy and we might head up to San Diego to go check them out down there since I like the city last time i was there.

I hope written essays are not required by the U.C. system.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #152 on: August 15, 2010, 11:23:41 PM »
« Edited: August 15, 2010, 11:25:43 PM by Torie »

And to think the university system in CA as opposed to the state colleges (now inflated to the rank of state "universities"), and the JC's of course, are supposed to be for the most accomplished students, makes it all the more depressing. Well, no need now to go on a rant about the hordes of folks in higher education, who are in the wrong place. I shall restrain myself - for once.

Countess Anya of the North Parish
cutie_15
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -4.35

« Reply #153 on: August 16, 2010, 01:49:12 AM »

Actually, I can write good essays. Ba forum is just not important enough. Instead of slamming me.  Try to fix you lack of sex with you wife. It is showing.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #154 on: August 16, 2010, 08:50:03 AM »

There's a dern fly buzzing around me and for the life of me I can't kill the stupid thing.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #155 on: August 16, 2010, 08:50:51 AM »

I'm still alive.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #156 on: August 16, 2010, 09:03:30 AM »

Working and watching Kal bump threads from too long ago.  I don't know how to do the angry emoticon.
fezzyfestoon
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #157 on: August 16, 2010, 09:49:55 AM »

I've been in New Jersey for three days and feel like I'm rotting away.  I need to keep going places.
cutie_15
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #158 on: August 16, 2010, 11:51:38 PM »

So I went to UC Merced and it is a great campus. It is brand new and have great technology. I meet the requirements so if i want i can go there. and since it just opened 5 years ago everything is barely used. Of course Davis is my first preference. I am gonna see Davis tomorrow. We are planning to meet Carlito tomorrow for lunch in Davis. He went to Davis so i am pretty sure I can get in.
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #159 on: August 17, 2010, 01:01:07 AM »

So I went to UC Merced and it is a great campus. It is brand new and have great technology. I meet the requirements so if i want i can go there. and since it just opened 5 years ago everything is barely used. Of course Davis is my first preference. I am gonna see Davis tomorrow. We are planning to meet Carlito tomorrow for lunch in Davis. He went to Davis so i am pretty sure I can get in.

I visited UC Merced when it was still being built. I could have been in the first class if I so wished. I would have had Michelle Obama as my commencement speaker as opposed to a random neurologist. So is the area more developed these days or are there still farms all around?
cutie_15
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #160 on: August 17, 2010, 01:45:48 AM »

I visited UC Merced when it was still being built. I could have been in the first class if I so wished. I would have had Michelle Obama as my commencement speaker as opposed to a random neurologist. So is the area more developed these days or are there still farms all around?
There are still farms around which is good in my case sine i want to be a big animal vet. It is looking more like Rockville Maryland these days.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #161 on: August 17, 2010, 06:28:16 AM »

Ugh, today is my first day of school! I haven't decided yet if this is good or bad. Wish me luck. Tongue
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #162 on: August 17, 2010, 08:06:24 PM »

I don't know how to do the angry emoticon.

> + : + ( = Angry
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #163 on: August 17, 2010, 08:53:59 PM »

Today was my first day of school. It was very overwhelming, to be quite honest. I have a couple difficult classes last in the day. My AP US History teacher seems really tough, but hopefully she makes it fun. Smiley That's the class I've been looking forward to.
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #164 on: August 17, 2010, 10:21:30 PM »

Today was my first day of school. It was very overwhelming, to be quite honest. I have a couple difficult classes last in the day. My AP US History teacher seems really tough, but hopefully she makes it fun. Smiley That's the class I've been looking forward to.

APUSH is an awesome class. One of the classes I really looked forward to in HS. Alas my inability to write well led to me getting a 4 on the AP test. Sad
Vepres
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #165 on: August 17, 2010, 11:27:44 PM »

I start school tomorrow, and I have been looking forward to it. Hopefully my teacher is easy Tongue
Free Palestine
FallenMorgan
Junior Chimp
United States
Political Matrix
E: -10.00, S: -10.00

« Reply #166 on: August 18, 2010, 03:07:58 AM »

I ate Chinese food today, and spent some time plotting my escape from L.A.  My first stop will likely be Santa Barbara, where I'll be spending some time hunting down that damn communist Sewer.  I'll probably sleep in Monterey.  If it's a situation where I have enough money and a camera, my trek to Seattle will last at least a week, and take me through California, Oregon, Idaho, Montana, and Washington.

I haven't been outside of my tiny corner of the United States since before I can clearly remember.  I've been to Florida and Ohio when I was like, eight or something.  I haven't been out of the house without my parents around, for more than a few hours.  I think this would be a lovely experience for me.

I have to learn to drive first, of course.  And get my AA, and convince my father to be okay with my plan, which is unlikely.
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #167 on: August 18, 2010, 08:47:25 AM »

My AP US History teacher seems really tough

So was my history teacher, and I got 100% on the exam. She also underestimated me a sh**tload. Good luck.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

« Reply #168 on: August 18, 2010, 02:48:44 PM »

I ate Chinese food today, and spent some time plotting my escape from L.A.  My first stop will likely be Santa Barbara, where I'll be spending some time hunting down that damn communist Sewer.  I'll probably sleep in Monterey.  If it's a situation where I have enough money and a camera, my trek to Seattle will last at least a week, and take me through California, Oregon, Idaho, Montana, and Washington.

I haven't been outside of my tiny corner of the United States since before I can clearly remember.  I've been to Florida and Ohio when I was like, eight or something.  I haven't been out of the house without my parents around, for more than a few hours.  I think this would be a lovely experience for me.

I have to learn to drive first, of course.  And get my AA, and convince my father to be okay with my plan, which is unlikely.

Monterey's a good place. If you're going up the coast, be sure to take 1 to at least Santa Cruz.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #169 on: August 20, 2010, 04:17:09 PM »

Truth is: I'm tired. I spend 12 hours today riding across the northeastern Poland and stopping in Belarussian minority towns and villages, taking a pictures of orthodox churches.

That's wonderful to see you're not living in a damn 100% catholic-atheist country sometimes.
Bunwahaha [still dunno why, but well, so be it]
tsionebreicruoc
Junior Chimp
France

« Reply #170 on: August 21, 2010, 09:54:14 AM »

Shower is a wonderful invention, especially those in which you can change the temperature of water, you begin very hot, and finish cold, great.
fezzyfestoon
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #171 on: August 21, 2010, 10:50:04 AM »

I'm the last one in the house to get the cold everyone had and if I don't die I'm gonna kill somebody.  The frickin dog was even sick and now everyone's fine but me.  This sucks AND there's a huge party today I don't want to be sick for.  What a pain in the ass.  Stupid family with its germs all over the place!  Oh well, here's to drinking it away all day! Grin
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #172 on: August 21, 2010, 11:03:56 AM »

I'm still waiting for OttawaU to give me my damn IB credits and thus exempt me from 4 first-year courses. I hope they decide to do that before August 28, or, worse, September 7.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #173 on: August 21, 2010, 05:54:55 PM »

I'm trying to not look on Atlas as I'm trying to focus for a moment on RL work Sad
fezzyfestoon
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #174 on: August 21, 2010, 08:35:23 PM »

I just today found out that I live literally RIGHT down the road from one of the plentiful ridiculous New Jersey reality shows.  I may just check it out just for the fuck of it.  I can't believe how amazed people are by our lifestyle/culture.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 ... 16  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies