Who'll win Forest Hills/Forest Hills, Gardens and Kew Gardens, Queens?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 28, 2024, 03:32:00 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Who'll win Forest Hills/Forest Hills, Gardens and Kew Gardens, Queens?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Who'll win Forest Hills/Forest Hills Gardens and Kew Gardens, Queens?
Hillary Clinton

Donald Trump

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 28

Author Topic: Who'll win Forest Hills/Forest Hills, Gardens and Kew Gardens, Queens?  (Read 568 times)
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: October 16, 2016, 09:11:05 PM »
« edited: October 16, 2016, 09:12:51 PM by bronz4141 »

Donald Trump's neck of the woods as a child in Queens. The ultimate middle class outerborough bloc that Trump did pretty well in April 19's NY primary. Upper middle class areas of Queens. Who wins this upper middle class areas that have voted for Republicans in local, state, and federal elections in recent past (Giuliani, Bloomberg, Bush, etc.)?

https://www.6sqft.com/forest-hills-gardens-a-hidden-nyc-haven-of-historic-modernity/
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2016, 07:08:20 PM »

I think some Jewish areas in Forest Hills and Kew Gardens may go for Trump by 4 points, but the rest of the area? I don't know. I know this area was a Giuliani for mayor area in 1989, 1993, and 1997.
LLR
LongLiveRock
Junior Chimp

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2016, 07:44:44 PM »

Clinton should win, I think.
PikaTROD
Rookie
United States

« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2016, 07:56:08 PM »

I can confidently say Clinton is gonna win this area.
http://www.nbcnewyork.com/on-air/as-seen-on/NYC-Queens-Trump-Supporter-Sign-Stolen-Reward-Thief-391709671.html
This guy live now has a giant Trump banner outside is house, and while it's good to get the name out, he also stapled signs looking for this sign-stealer on trees and caused tens of thousands of dollars of damage to the trees around the area. It's no need to say that to everyone I know who lives around there considers him to be an idiot, and this whole thing basically proves the entire area is more Hillary Oriented.   
Plus, it's NYC.
I rest my case.
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2016, 08:27:06 PM »

I can confidently say Clinton is gonna win this area.
http://www.nbcnewyork.com/on-air/as-seen-on/NYC-Queens-Trump-Supporter-Sign-Stolen-Reward-Thief-391709671.html
This guy live now has a giant Trump banner outside is house, and while it's good to get the name out, he also stapled signs looking for this sign-stealer on trees and caused tens of thousands of dollars of damage to the trees around the area. It's no need to say that to everyone I know who lives around there considers him to be an idiot, and this whole thing basically proves the entire area is more Hillary Oriented.   
Plus, it's NYC.
I rest my case.

It's Giuliani and Hevesi area. Giuliani won the area in 1989, 1993, and 1997. Alan Hevesi, former City Comptroller and former State Comptroller, was a moderate Democrat who would distance himself from Al Sharpton to win his base, Jewish voters.

https://www.nydailynews.com/archives/news/rev-al-hevesi-hitter-article-1.773302
Fuzzy Bear Loves Christian Missionaries
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2016, 09:53:00 PM »

Clinton will win these areas.

These areas are not the conservative-leaning areas of 1972, when issues of busing and housing integration pushed this area to Nixon.  We're way beyond this now.
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2016, 10:37:11 PM »

Clinton will win these areas.

These areas are not the conservative-leaning areas of 1972, when issues of busing and housing integration pushed this area to Nixon.  We're way beyond this now.

Is it demographic change? I know that some Irish/Italian whites still live in those areas.
King of Kensington
Junior Chimp

« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2016, 10:57:07 PM »

Back in the John Lindsay era, Forest Hills was an enclave of affluent liberal Jews.  Since then outer borough Jewry has seen a dramatic shift in demographics (more Orthodox, immigrants from the FSU etc.)  I don't know how large the liberal Jewish demographic is in FH at this point, as Bukharian Jews have moved into the area.
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2016, 11:00:04 PM »

Back in the John Lindsay era, Forest Hills was an enclave of affluent liberal Jews.  Since then outer borough Jewry has seen a dramatic shift in demographics (more Orthodox, immigrants from the FSU etc.)  I don't know how large the liberal Jewish demographic is in FH at this point, as Bukharian Jews have moved into the area.
Both areas are beautiful. Very beautiful.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies