New to the Forum
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 02:32:34 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  New to the Forum
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: New to the Forum  (Read 1356 times)
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: April 05, 2013, 11:13:43 AM »

Oh, hey, Mr. Charles:

DO NOT READ THE UPDATE THREAD! IT IS FOR YOUR OWN GOOD! DON'T LISTEN TO BUSHIE, HE'S JUST A SAD, SAD LITTLE MAN.
Paul Kemp
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #26 on: April 05, 2013, 11:18:10 AM »

Oh, hey, Mr. Charles:

DO NOT READ THE UPDATE THREAD! IT IS FOR YOUR OWN GOOD! DON'T LISTEN TO BUSHIE, HE'S JUST A SAD, SAD LITTLE MAN.

I'm not sure that last sentence is entirely accurate.
angus
Atlas Icon
« Reply #27 on: April 05, 2013, 11:28:51 AM »

Charles V is my fourteenth great grandfather.

The one who ruined the economy when he flooded the European market with looted Peruvian gold?  The one whose reign was market by enormously expensive and continuous warfare?  The one who privatized many erstwhile government endeavors in order to save money, only to lose it because these privateers where exempt from paying taxes?  The one whose inability to sustain a campaign against a Muslim military force left his successor with a serious mess to clean up?  The one whose legacy was a polarized, fragmented empire on the brink of bankruptcy?  

Wait, maybe I'm thinking about George W. Bush.  

Welcome aboard!
Emperor Charles V
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.10, S: -6.00

« Reply #28 on: April 05, 2013, 12:42:35 PM »

Hey, welcome! I see from your "all about yourself" post that you're living in West Islip. I'm not too familiar with long island but I don't know any colleges out there, if you don't mind me asking, what school do you go to? Or is that where your home is and you're in school somewhere else?

I go to school at St. John's in Queens. Yes I drive an hour to commute. Every single day.
Emperor Charles V
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #29 on: April 05, 2013, 12:46:23 PM »
« Edited: April 05, 2013, 12:49:28 PM by Emperor Charles V »

Welcome!!! Did you also support Mitt in the primary? You could say I was a supporter of him.

No, I was a huge Herman Cain supporter in fact. When he withdrew, I supported Gingrich. Romney was my third pick and I was reluctant to support him but I kind of had no choice because the only alternative with a chance of winning was Obama who I'm not a fan of at all.

I didn't vote in the primary though because I didn't turn 18 until June 2012.
Emperor Charles V
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #30 on: April 05, 2013, 12:47:49 PM »

The one who ruined the economy when he flooded the European market with looted Peruvian gold?  The one whose reign was market by enormously expensive and continuous warfare?  The one who privatized many erstwhile government endeavors in order to save money, only to lose it because these privateers where exempt from paying taxes?  The one whose inability to sustain a campaign against a Muslim military force left his successor with a serious mess to clean up?  The one whose legacy was a polarized, fragmented empire on the brink of bankruptcy?  

Welcome aboard!

That's actually pretty funny coming from someone who's a big fan of Charles V (duh, it's my username)
Sol
Junior Chimp
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #31 on: April 05, 2013, 12:56:17 PM »

Hey dude. Do you have any Oricaryan elections?
angus
Atlas Icon
« Reply #32 on: April 05, 2013, 01:25:27 PM »

Welcome aboard!

That's actually pretty funny coming from someone who's a big fan of Charles V (duh, it's my username)

He makes a decent candy bar too.  It's called Carlos Quinto and it has a picture on the wrapper of him with a pointy little van dyke beard wearing a cheesy Arthurian crown.  I've only seen them in Mexico.

"El Rey de los Chocolates" is the logo.  I suppose he's credited with introducing chocolate to the Imperial European courts.  I guess they decided that "We geeve you chocolate, you geeve us smallpox;  Everybody weens." would not have been such a catchy marketing tool.
Supersonic
SupersonicVenue
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.90, S: 0.35

« Reply #33 on: April 05, 2013, 01:38:33 PM »

Welcome. The more blue avatars the better!
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #34 on: April 05, 2013, 02:23:29 PM »

Welcome! I remember the last Republican poster from NY with "Emperor" in his username very well!

Welcome, friend!  It's nice to see a New York Republican join the forum.  We don't have too many of those.  The forum has somewhat of a liberal tilt, so we need a conservative to help level the playing field some.  Personally, I am a registered Democrat from Oklahoma City of all places, but that's primarily economically.  I'm aligned with the Republicans mostly on social issues such as abortion, foreign policy, and capital punishment.  My only social issue that I'm more in line with the Democrats happened very recently where I came out in support of marriage equality.

Again, welcome, friend. Smiley

Bushie uses someone else's introduction to talk about himself. Classic.

Purple heart him.
Emperor Charles V
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #35 on: April 05, 2013, 03:34:17 PM »

Hey dude. Do you have any Oricaryan elections?

What are those?
Emperor Charles V
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #36 on: April 05, 2013, 04:04:31 PM »

Welcome. The more blue avatars the better!

Agreed Smiley
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies