Are you pleased with Hamilton's banning? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 27, 2024, 06:34:46 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Are you pleased with Hamilton's banning? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: ....
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 69

Author Topic: Are you pleased with Hamilton's banning?  (Read 9358 times)
Obnoxiously Slutty Girly Girl
Libertas
Atlas Icon
Finland

« on: January 13, 2010, 04:11:43 PM »

Absolutely not.

The forum is already a more boring place thanks to this egregious miscarriage of justice.
Libertas
Atlas Icon
Finland

« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2010, 04:40:29 PM »

Absolutely not.

The forum is already a more boring place thanks to this egregious miscarriage of justice.

If you don't like it, nothing hold you here Tongue

Oh no, now that Hamilton's gone, I'm going to have to start posting even more here to make up for the loss.
Libertas
Atlas Icon
Finland

« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2010, 06:03:40 PM »

I can see why a lot of people didn't like him, but he was the first friend I made here and always reached out to me to give me a hand with stuff related and unrelated to this forum. When I was still lurking I noticed the irony embedded in his posts but I'm not sure a lot of people caught on judging their reactions. We still talk on AIM, though, and I'm sure he's going to be back soon.

Yeah, the problem is that most people on this forum are kind of stupid. No offense to them intended.

I'm not sure if I agree with that yet (though I am starting to see it more and more) but truthfully, Hamilton's posts were basically parodies of this forum as a whole, which is probably why he got banned. He mocked almost everyone.

Yes, well once you've spent enough time here, you'll see for yourself that the population of Atlas is generally a bit slow on the uptake, not to mention incredibly gullible.
Libertas
Atlas Icon
Finland

« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2010, 06:04:22 PM »

Coming from the biggest troll/spammer/flooder/baiter on the board. Roll Eyes
Libertas
Atlas Icon
Finland

« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2010, 01:19:20 AM »

No I'm not at all. He wasn't a troll, the moderators just decided they didn't like him. The clique-ish behavior of most of the posters here is pretty ridiculous. Having positions you dislike or choosing to express them in a way that doesn't really violate any concrete rules doesn't mean someone is a troll. Even if he called someone an idiot in the midst of a discussion, that doesn't count as trolling, and calling it a personal attack is a stretch. A lot of what he wrote was satirical or an attempt to stir the pot, which isn't necessarily a bad thing. Unfortunately the mods around here are the posters least able to grasp humor that doesn't line up with their point of view. Once they labeled him a troll, every post he made was regarded as trollish. There was no way for him to defend himself without digging a deeper hole with people he was never going to catch a break from.

You're the definition of a troll. You spam, create ridiculous threads, and your early behavior should have gotten you banned within being here a few days.

Hear, hear. Cool
Libertas
Atlas Icon
Finland

« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2010, 01:24:22 AM »

Yes (normal), but seriously - can we move on?  This whole Hamilton/TrollList/Mods crap is getting annoying.  Just behave and get along with everybody and quit complaining when the rules are enforced.

Blame the victims?

Libertas
Atlas Icon
Finland

« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2010, 02:43:14 AM »

How is your post not character assassination, Senator Duke?

Why, personal attacks are Duke's specialty.
Libertas
Atlas Icon
Finland

« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2010, 03:28:59 AM »

Hey man I'm just telling you as much factual information as I can remember. I'm not calling Hamilton a worse poster than DWTL, in fact I just said I was on his side against DWTL. I would gladly side with Hamilton if DWTL showed up again acting almighty and powerful. I'm just saying that once DWTL left I started noticing more and more about how anatogonistic Hamilton got with other forumers like Winston. Like Winston left I believe it was the ARC and Hamilton flipped out.

Uh, Hamilton and Winston didn't have any such problems. They got along just fine.
Libertas
Atlas Icon
Finland

« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2010, 04:13:28 AM »

Alcon, why do we have to spend so much time intelligently discussing a clear sociopath who's only purpose on this forum was to divide, manipulate, and conquer?

Who here is talking about MasterJedi?
Libertas
Atlas Icon
Finland

« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2010, 02:12:17 PM »

GaryJohnson,

In about the same sense that "sucks" fits under sexually vulgar language.  I'm reasonably sure, although not completely, that I PMed Hamilton asking him to cease reporting "retarded," at least until I hashed it out with Dave.  Either way, if he paid enough attention to notice that the one post was edited, he surely noticed that the others weren't being.  Even if there was a sincere miscommunication about "retarded" and he didn't notice they weren't being deleted, stuff like the "drug paraphernalia" report was clearly systemic abuse of the reporting function.  And it doesn't serve to dispute the central fact, that Hamilton was reporting posts while breaking rules anyway, which makes no sense even if we assume his reports were benevolent, which is straining credulity.

That's the point:  Hamilton was reporting these posts while breaking rules he knew were worse.  How does that disprove the A) and B) points I just outlined?  He knew he was breaking rules, he didn't care, he didn't talk to a moderator about it until his posts were being deleted for it, and even when he did, he refused to cooperate and kept intentionally offending.  Unless anything disputes that fundamental tenant, or you believe that there should be no punishment

Imagine.  You're a judge.  Some dude comes into court with 500 shoplifting convictions, mentally fit to stand trial, with two previous probations for felony theft, and says:

I don't have to cooperate with you, and besides there are other shoplifters out there, and here are ten people who parallel park (or have photographs of bongs!!!)

You're going to, what, just set him free and have him return the merchandise every time he's caught?  Or actually punish him with jail time?  We're doing jail time.

P.S. I appreciate your commitment to this cause and Internet security in general, since you've only posted from proxies.  Tongue I have no idea if this means you're Hamilton.  I doubt it, but if you are, I'm not bothered, because this is exactly the way you should have talked to us to have prevented this mess from happening.  If you aren't, welcome aboard, and I appreciate your temperate civility.

Well, I must say, a permaban isn't jail time, it's the death penalty. Make of that what you will.

Also, you might wonder why I post from proxies? I'm at school so I make all my posts from proxies. not because I'm a weirdo (I might be) but because I frequent drug sites while I surf this forum and another political forum. Why do I frequent drug sites, you might ask? To find more like-minded people to support Gary Johnson. I don't think my school seeing a bunch of drug related websites from my name would be very helpful on my resume.

Part of me is beginning to believe this guy is Hamilton. He just used a stereotype (that all Gary Johnson supporters/libertarians are drug users) to justify being here, and already posts from proxies. Plus, he's certainly not only here to promote Johnson. I guess we'll have to wait and see.

segwaystyle is not Hamilton.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies