ScottSurveys/Porcupine Poll: Military Force Against Iran (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 03:42:15 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  ScottSurveys/Porcupine Poll: Military Force Against Iran (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Do you support Senator Clarence's plan (text below) to authorize military action against Iran?
Yes (Liberal)

No (Liberal)

Yes (Labor)

No (Labor)

Yes (Whig)

No (Whig)

Yes (IB)

No (IB)

Yes (MCPR)

No (MCPR)

Yes (Independent/Other)

No (Independent/Other)

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 32

Author Topic: ScottSurveys/Porcupine Poll: Military Force Against Iran  (Read 3270 times)
Cincinnatus
JBach717
YaBB God
United States

« on: July 27, 2012, 03:08:11 PM »

Yes. Why should I trust the protection of nuclear deterrence when one party exhibits a type of extremism that welcomes martyrdom?

Neutralize the threat.

Iran welcomes martyrdom? They've never exhibited anything less than a strong interest in self-preservation that I could see.

I'd say being a state sponsor for terrorism qualifies. Even if, by some stretch, nuclear deterrence would stop the Iranian government from launching nukes, the corruption is such that the weapons could easily fall into less-cautious hands.

Also, the annihilation of Jews should not be seen as mere "self preservation."

The annihilation of Jews isn't something that rules Iran, just in case you're not aware.  The President doesn't have real power.  Self preservation is precisely what Iran seeks.  We were on two sides, surrounding them militarily.  I'd say that any individual or nation, would look toward self preservation. 

Iran now see's them self's (in large part because of the Iraq War), and rightfully so, as the supreme power in the ME region.  Yet, we continue to ignore this, and pretend like they're crazy nutjobs, when they are indeed, rationale, calculating strategists. 

Why for so long did we put trust in a country like Pakistan to cooperate with is?  Drop the Sunni's, who are anything but organized and reliable, and accept that the only way to move forward, is to work with Iran.  Not capitulate, but to actually meet with Iran, and come to a real agreement (Yes, they are capable of such, despite your misconceptions).

The most important thing to remember is, we may be able to "conquer" Iran, but we will never be able to continuously occupy it.  And than what are we left with?   
Cincinnatus
JBach717
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2012, 03:13:34 PM »

More death, Cincinnatus. We are left with more death.

and taxes..
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies