Joe Biden presidential inauguration megathread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 10:40:40 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Joe Biden presidential inauguration megathread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Joe Biden presidential inauguration megathread  (Read 19895 times)
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« on: January 16, 2021, 07:27:10 PM »
« edited: January 16, 2021, 07:33:40 PM by Progressive Pessimist »

What am I looking forward to? Trump no longer being President, of course, and instead having a competent, qualified, sane, adult President who actually takes his Oath of Office seriously and cares about people other than himself.

Still though, I was eagerly looking forward to inauguration day but am now a bit uneasy about it after the Capitol riots. I really hope nothing goes wrong and that preparations are in better shape. I don't want it to get ugly and overshadow what a hopeful moment this should be.

Also Fall Out Boy sucks. I'm a little disappointed. That doesn't mean that the acts Joy Gray brought up are much better. I mean, Emily Ratajkowski and Cornel West? Though I do have a guilty pleasure soft spot for Ariana Grande, and find Dua Lipa quite enjoyable to look at.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2021, 07:41:18 PM »

It's a real f***ed up testament to what Trump and the right has turned our country into that such an inoffensive, conventional President-elect like Joe Biden needs to be protected by 20,000 National Guard troops at his inauguration.

What am I looking forward to? Trump no longer being President, of course, and instead having a competent, qualified, sane, adult President who actually takes his Oath of Office seriously and cares about people other than himself.

Still though, I was eagerly looking forward to inauguration day but am now a bit uneasy about it after the Capitol riots. I really hope nothing goes wrong and that preparations are in better shape. I don't want it to get ugly and overshadow what a hopeful moment this should be.

Also Fall Out Boy sucks. I'm a little disappointed. That doesn't mean that the acts Joy Gray brought up are much better. I mean, Emily Ratajkowski and Cornel West? Though I do have a guilty pleasure soft spot for Ariana Grande, and find Dua Lipa quite enjoyable to look at.

Side note: I always hate to admit when I enjoy a pop song, but I heard "Don't Start Now" for the first time a few days ago and I think I have to include her on my guilty pleasure musician list now for reasons beyond the superficial.

Also the musician lineup has improved since I've discovered more acts that are going to perform. Bruce Springsteen? I mean come on! I'm less of a fan of his compared to the average New Jersey resident but still, he's our guy and I'm always happy to see him perform.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2021, 08:26:14 PM »

Biden has a very unenviable job of cleaning up the mess Trump and the GOP left our country, but I'm glad we all at least have this day to enjoy and feel some relief. I never thought that I would actually feel as happy again about an inauguration as I did when Obama was elected.

I am especially relieved that nothing went wrong...hopefully I'm not jinxing it. I feel like it implicates Trump even more though from the Capitol ransacking. He was clearly the factor that caused a bunch of usually incompetent domestic terrorist groups, and others with similar loyalty to Trump, to come together in large numbers in one place and become incited in a way that they are clearly incapable of without him. Their bluster about raiding state capitols and the inauguration was clearly all bark and no bite, but what if Trump had held another counter-event like on Janiuary 6? That's something for you to chew on, impeachment managers!
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies