NBC/WSJ: Biden +6, Sanders +4, Warren +3, Buttigieg +1 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 07:21:07 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential General Election Polls (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  NBC/WSJ: Biden +6, Sanders +4, Warren +3, Buttigieg +1 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: NBC/WSJ: Biden +6, Sanders +4, Warren +3, Buttigieg +1  (Read 1979 times)
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« on: February 02, 2020, 12:49:10 PM »

It really shows how this impechment thing is another political own goal by the democrats. After all of this in a poll which shows them beating Trump with no less than 46% of the vote, only 46% support removing him from office.

I imagine there are some underlying reasons behind the "low" remove number. Obviously the GOP has no alternative considerations to make, so they will all say no to removal. Democrats, however, have varying viewpoints on this. Certainly not a huge number, but you have people like me who would be against removal for tactical reasons (believing it's better for the downballot for him to be in office in November; Atlas mindset - def not a lot in this category) as well as people who consider how much more effective and potentially awful somebody like Pence would be if he assumed the presidency.

Long story short: in the spirit of what the impeachment proceedings embodied (i.e. Trump is a felonious cretin who needs to go), I'd be surprised if a nominal majority didn't actually agree with removal - there's just a small segment of people (3-5%) who oppose it for the above-mentioned reasons.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies