Wide Rift Within the Democratic Party on Foreign Policy (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 10:32:40 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Debate (Moderator: Torie)
  Wide Rift Within the Democratic Party on Foreign Policy (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: With which wing, as the article defines them, do you most identify with as a Democrat?
Liberal internationalist

Leftist anti-imperialist

Not a Democrat

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 26

Author Topic: Wide Rift Within the Democratic Party on Foreign Policy  (Read 5138 times)
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« on: May 27, 2006, 04:36:25 AM »

As far as I am concerned, anyone who says "no war ever" or "war always" are both fools. I support a war based on the intentions. For example,

I would have supported WWII. Fasist regime dominating Europe, killing off millions of people, and THEN trying to set up a movement in a America. Obvious threat, take em' out as quickly as possible.

The War in Iraq however had no connection to 9/11 or the Jihad that threatened our people or national intrests. We should have stayed the course in Afghanistan, and kicked the nessecary ass. Unfortunately, our administration let al-Quaida get away. That is the biggest tradgisty of the fight against terrorism...despite the acts of 9/11, our president and our department of defense let our attackers get away.

"No war ever" is a straw man.

How?

He was saying that he disagrees with "no war ever" sentimentality - which does exist.  He never attacked it as being a majority opinion or as being a negative reflection of leftist foreign policy, which would have been a strawman.  This is definitely not.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies