Canadians prefer Democrats in 2008
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 09, 2024, 11:34:03 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  Canadians prefer Democrats in 2008
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Canadians prefer Democrats in 2008  (Read 2312 times)
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: January 10, 2007, 09:14:11 PM »

Im thinking the other 41% have no clue what a Republican is and what a Democrat is/ or what they stand for.

Well, how's that compare to Americans?
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -4.32, S: -6.52

« Reply #26 on: January 10, 2007, 09:33:29 PM »

The Decima survey this month of more than 1,000 Canadians found that 47 per cent wanted a Democrat to replace Bush in the White House in 2008, compared with just 12 per cent who wanted a Republican. Forty-two per cent didn't offer an opinion.

Only 47%?  Seriously?

The 12% are probably the confused 1-in-10 guys who think that Bush is a Democrat.
Cubby
Pim Fortuyn
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -3.74, S: -6.96

« Reply #27 on: January 11, 2007, 12:33:05 AM »

The Democratic preference in the survey was found in every region of the country. Albertans, along with self-identified Conservative voters, preferred a Democratic president replace Bush by a two-to-one margin.

Thats really surprises me. I guess Alberta isn't as much like Texas as we thought.
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #28 on: January 11, 2007, 01:37:52 AM »

This would only be news worthy if the United States were to send our armies north right now, annex Canada (not a bad idea) and give them the vote before the 2008 election (not a good idea)
Bleeding heart conservative, HTMLdon
htmldon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.03, S: -2.26

« Reply #29 on: January 11, 2007, 12:46:51 PM »

Plus, Canadians would really like to see a female President.

Why don't y'all try electing a female Prime Minister first and then lecture us about a female President Tongue

What did Kim Campbell's PC's get... like 16% of the vote? Tongue
Bay Ridge, Bklyn! Born and Bred
MikeyCNY

Political Matrix
E: 1.94, S: -4.87

« Reply #30 on: January 11, 2007, 01:11:03 PM »

Poland (Bush is very popular there for some reason), India, and the Phillipines.  

Poland: full of religious zealots, post communist, non-individual, synchronized zombies...no wonder they support Bush.

India: They will have to take the blame for supporting the Cowboy in their next life ...

Philippines: "The Asian Poland"

Tongue Tongue Tongue

Need some sleep ...

LOL!  I know what you mean.  When I worked for the OSCE in Sarajevo, we worked side-by-side with the Polish, and I found it funny how my colleagues from the Western European countries (Dutch, Brits, Italians, etc) disliked and distrusted the Poles, whom they regarded as strange and unsociable.   I found them all rather stoic and they kept to themselves. 
Verily
Cuivienen
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 1.81, S: -6.78

« Reply #31 on: January 11, 2007, 02:13:14 PM »

Why don't y'all try electing a female Prime Minister first and then lecture us about a female President Tongue

It wasn't her fault, she just got the blame for Mulroney's bungling.
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #32 on: January 11, 2007, 02:34:22 PM »

It wasn't her fault, she just got the blame for Mulroney's bungling.

Partially, but the Conservative campaign in 1993 was also one of the most incompetent ever in recent history.  One of Kim Campbell's only advantages over Jean Chrétien was the fact that her personal approval ratings were much higher than those of the latter.  Clearly feeling guilty over having an advantage of some sort, her campaign managed to convey the notion in an ad that they were making fun of Chrétien's facial paralysis that he got from a stroke, which allowed Chrétien to give an emotional speech comparing her to the schoolyard bullies who laughed at him him as a kid.  His approvals then shot up to be even with Campbell's, completely ensuring Campbell's defeat thereafter.
Hatman 🍁
EarlAW
Atlas Star
Canada

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #33 on: January 11, 2007, 10:31:38 PM »

The Democratic preference in the survey was found in every region of the country. Albertans, along with self-identified Conservative voters, preferred a Democratic president replace Bush by a two-to-one margin.

Thats really surprises me. I guess Alberta isn't as much like Texas as we thought.

Alberta's pretty Conservative, but they're not stupid enough to support the Republicans. There was a Kerry/Bush poll done last year that had Atlantic Canada being more of a pro-Bush area than Alberta.
Cubby
Pim Fortuyn
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix

« Reply #34 on: January 11, 2007, 10:48:07 PM »

Alberta's pretty Conservative, but they're not stupid enough to support the Republicans.

LOL Smiley       I just assumed that two right wing oil-based economies would vote for the same ideology.

There was a Kerry/Bush poll done last year that had Atlantic Canada being more of a pro-Bush area than Alberta.

Thats an outrage!    Why would those liberal (small L) places like a theocrat like Bush?
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #35 on: January 12, 2007, 02:34:23 AM »

Alberta's pretty Conservative, but they're not stupid enough to support the Republicans.

LOL Smiley       I just assumed that two right wing oil-based economies would vote for the same ideology.

There was a Kerry/Bush poll done last year that had Atlantic Canada being more of a pro-Bush area than Alberta.

Thats an outrage!    Why would those liberal (small L) places like a theocrat like Bush?

"Like" is a rather strong word.  "More pro-Bush" translates to "30% support instead of 20%".
Cubby
Pim Fortuyn
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix

« Reply #36 on: January 12, 2007, 02:38:40 AM »

"Like" is a rather strong word.  "More pro-Bush" translates to "30% support instead of 20%".

Oh okay. But why would Atlantic Canada be more pro-Bush at any level?
Platypus
hughento
Atlas Star
Australia

« Reply #37 on: January 12, 2007, 08:28:01 AM »

In many ways, Howard is to the right of Bush, maybe even on a person religious level. That said, Bush's religiousity would kill him before his views just dismembered the corpse down here Cheesy

I often struggle to see how we elected Howard....then I remember the ALP.
Hatman 🍁
EarlAW
Atlas Star
Canada

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #38 on: January 13, 2007, 12:56:43 AM »

Oh okay. But why would Atlantic Canada be more pro-Bush at any level?

I think they tend to be more pro-American than the rest of the country.  Perhaps they're more down to earth like the President as well. I know the US used to have a number of bases in Newfoundland.
Deano963

« Reply #39 on: January 13, 2007, 10:13:15 AM »

Canadians are all the same.....with their beady little eyes and flapping heads! Who cares what they think! Wink
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: 9.16, S: -3.13

« Reply #40 on: January 13, 2007, 10:14:27 AM »

Canadians live in Canada and therefore cannot vote for president so this means 0
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies