Will the protests at the DNC be civil? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 06:36:03 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Will the protests at the DNC be civil? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: 2016 DNC.  The whole world is watching.  How will it go down?
No protests at all

Peacefull protests

Shouting and name-calling

It will get real, real ugly

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 66

Author Topic: Will the protests at the DNC be civil?  (Read 1175 times)
Seneca
Rookie

« on: May 18, 2016, 10:04:02 AM »
« edited: May 18, 2016, 10:21:31 AM by Seneca »

That's up to Bernie. He wants to maintain the rage etc, but what he says and more importantly, does will be key here.

I think at this point it's #NotAllBernieBros, and out of his hands, tbh.

Yeah, it's definitely not going to be Bernie people causing a ruckus. If anything, they'll be ones attacking the black block, if anarchists decide to show.
Seneca
Rookie

« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2016, 01:43:41 PM »

That's up to Bernie. He wants to maintain the rage etc, but what he says and more importantly, does will be key here.

Yeah, it's definitely not going to be Bernie people causing a ruckus. If anything, they'll be ones attacking the black block, if anarchists decide to show.

Yup, two weeks ago I was down in Westlake Square in Seattle to go to Nordstrom and there were a bunch of punk musicians playing and people walking around in black balaclavas and knife belts.  Lots of Bernie signs as well as people asking for money for their own various causes where their begging signs also claimed they supported Bernie (for street cred I guess).  I seriously thought it was a Sanders party.

Turns out it was an anarchist revolutionary event for May Day and got very violent shortly after I left.

If Sanders gives an open invitation to people to just show up in Philadelphia and cause trouble for the sake of causing trouble, rest assured he has a lot of supporters who will jump at the chance.

Were you in Seattle for May Day? That's hilarious.

And no, radicals don't give a sh**t about Sanders. They'll show up their own volition. I'm saying that Sanders supporters are the kind of liberals that will claim to be non-violent but then attack people smashing windows or whatever.
Seneca
Rookie

« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2016, 06:31:42 PM »

Yup, two weeks ago I was down in Westlake Square in Seattle to go to Nordstrom and there were a bunch of punk musicians playing and people walking around in black balaclavas and knife belts.  Lots of Bernie signs as well as people asking for money for their own various causes where their begging signs also claimed they supported Bernie (for street cred I guess).  I seriously thought it was a Sanders party.

Turns out it was an anarchist revolutionary event for May Day and got very violent shortly after I left.

If Sanders gives an open invitation to people to just show up in Philadelphia and cause trouble for the sake of causing trouble, rest assured he has a lot of supporters who will jump at the chance.

Were you in Seattle for May Day? That's hilarious.

And no, radicals don't give a sh**t about Sanders. They'll show up their own volition. I'm saying that Sanders supporters are the kind of liberals that will claim to be non-violent but then attack people smashing windows or whatever.

Not all radicals are Sanders supporters but many Sanders supporters are radicals.
There are very few radical Clinton supporters though.  It's mostly Bernie or nobody.

By radicals I mean anarchists, communists and so on. All of those people think Sanders is a distraction meant to keep people invested in the political process. Hillary is like the modern incarnation of The Man, the idea that any radicals might support her is absurd.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies