The Atlas Asylum of absurd/ignorant posts IX (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 15, 2024, 08:12:23 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  The Atlas Asylum of absurd/ignorant posts IX (search mode)
Thread note
Do not repost count you think may be moderated content here.

Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: The Atlas Asylum of absurd/ignorant posts IX  (Read 172488 times)
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« on: June 25, 2020, 11:53:39 PM »
« edited: May 19, 2021, 09:39:20 AM by TexasGurl »

Well the old thread is getting pretty long anyway and Ses refuses to change the name for an absurd post because Sven is his friend.
https://talkelections.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=302397.0

Old thread there.
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2020, 02:10:43 AM »

Svensson is a great high-energy poster.

He still made the most absurd recent post though Tongue
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2020, 03:01:19 AM »
« Edited: June 27, 2020, 03:07:36 AM by lfromnj »

That is the worst post you can find? It's unlikely in the current environment, but suggesting a Clinton +2 state trending rightwards could be competitive does not deserve a post here.
Lol Nevada is not trending rightwards. Nearly every state wide office is held by Democrats, it hasn’t voted R for president in over a decade. Not to mention that polling constantly underestimates Democrats. Also in this political environment where Biden is up by 8-10 points it isn’t competitive at all. To suggest that it is in play, is the definition of absurd and ignorant
Went from +7 obama to +2 Clinton
The 2018 results highest victory was only 5 points in D +7 _year. It has clearly trended rightwards.
I mean Democrats also control all statewide offices in Michigan and most in Wisconsin and PA and no one denies their trend.
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2020, 03:08:13 AM »

Just stop saying it hasn't trended rightward ffs.
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2020, 12:07:12 PM »
« Edited: July 01, 2020, 12:21:21 PM by lfromnj »

Can we just say Genocide is bad folks?
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2020, 04:03:53 PM »

We could just link to his entire post history.
The Bronz Basin of Abusrd and Ignorant Posts?
Will do that depending on the final word for Sven
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2020, 11:05:02 AM »

What's extremely absurd about that post?
It's a bit condescending I'd say.
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2020, 03:30:26 PM »

Well, I guess we need to rename the thread now to either Del Tachi or Jimrtex

Help me figure out a name with j for the faubus and kate brown lol,
Del Tachi is fine here lol, it was a legitimate debate with some hyperbole.
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2020, 04:46:36 PM »

You guys know it is a no no to repost moderated posts.
The post in question was posted before the post was moderated.
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2020, 10:34:14 AM »

I love Louie Gohmert.  Now it would be positively awful if the majority of Congress were Louie Gohmerts.  Nothing would get done.  But he's an absolute hoot!

Gohmert had the best line of the 2012 campaign when he said about Mitt Romney:  "Whether you're conservative, moderate, or liberal, he's been on your side at one time or another!".  There's value in quips like that.  He had me in stitches laughing.  The only thing anywhere near as funny was when Bobby Jindal referred to "Obamneycare" when talking about Mitt Romney's plan in MA.

I don't wish to think I view Gohmert as a particularly serious person, but comic relief is often needed badly.

God you have such awful dad energy. Hurry up and give your kids the inheritance they must be starving for at this point.

Yeah wishing for the death  of another poster.
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #10 on: August 29, 2020, 02:31:20 PM »

I say we name the thread after lfromnj for his property is more important then people thing. He hadn't had his turn yet and he wouldn't probably wouldn't throw a hissyfit over it like some people.

Sure why not ? I'm bored anyway.. Btw its property is more important than looters who chose to respect their own lives less than property.. Just give me the 2nd part to name it after.
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #11 on: September 01, 2020, 11:00:28 AM »

Alas, he is far from the only blue/yellow avatar that justifies murder in the name of law and order.

So guys, what would you do if there were a few dozen people with tiki torches and molotov cocktails out in front of your house, getting ready to burn it to the ground? Seriously, I'm curious to know how you'd go about handling that situation, given that you're so quick to criticize others for their methods of dealing with it.
Sacrifice myself to the non-binary, racially ambiguous gods of SJWism. According to their religion, I can go to Berkeley when I die.

lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #12 on: September 01, 2020, 11:54:45 AM »
« Edited: September 01, 2020, 12:03:43 PM by lfromnj »

For example a single shop lifter is not a threat to your life and you can take them down using non lethal methods. Trying to stop a mob of people from attacking your property without eventually being forced to use lethal methods/lethal threats is impossible. Even if you start with non lethal methods such as by using a mace/waterhose/fire extinguisher they will just attack you instead after which you can apply lethal methods.An angry mob has such a large disparity of force to 1 person that lethal force is the only equalizer. That old man defending his employer's store would have been justified to use lethal force. I would say one dead looter is a terrible ending but still a better scenario than that old innocent man ending up with a broken jaw.
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #13 on: October 21, 2020, 10:48:18 PM »

Probably the weirdest post of all time:

Due to life span increase, approaching 80, there is an adjustment

RED growth process, blue early signs of death

Infancy: 0-3
Toddler 3-6 Early childhood
Childhood 3-12 Pre-Teen
Puberty: 12-20 Adams apple in Men, and Cycle for women
Adulthood 20-40 continiue to grow.

Middle Aged 40-65 stoppage of growth, tooth decay and fuller stomach and diabetes sets in
Senior Citizen 65-100 end of life cycle, seizers, heart attacks or cancer causes death

See, I tell you all OC is a weirdo, but no one listens to me.
Because you're twelve.

If I were twelve, I would have been banned years ago for registering underage.

I am NOT Twelve. I am 27. I was born in 1993, and I'm not sure what I have to do to prove it to you. Do I have to post my birth certificate?

Yes, along with your social security number and drivers license (if you have one).

This is honestly unacceptable, and comments like this contribute to the environment of bullying that has manifested here. That type of remark was uncalled for, the better response would have been to not insult NYE in the first place.

You literally called for dumb posters to be mocked, your wish is being granted Smiley
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #14 on: October 25, 2020, 08:38:55 PM »
« Edited: October 25, 2020, 08:47:24 PM by #proudtikitorchmarcher »

Ill wait for the eleciton to change it, Woodbury if its a Bidenslide.Not sure what to do if its a narrow Biden victory, a Trump victory would be pretty hard to pick but plenty of choices. See no reason  to not wait 2 weeks for the glorious sh*tposts.
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #15 on: November 03, 2020, 07:55:23 PM »

They haven’t polled the Miami-Dade districts where Biden is doing 15 points worse than HRC.
LOL, you prob deserve  the naming here Tongue

lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #16 on: November 05, 2020, 01:15:39 PM »

That selzer thread is a gold mine.
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #17 on: November 06, 2020, 02:00:44 AM »
« Edited: November 11, 2020, 06:52:39 AM by Virginiá »

Yeah... I’m starting to wonder if there was some kind of organized manipulation of this poll by Trump supporters somehow.

Here's more gems from that Iowa thread.
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #18 on: November 10, 2020, 09:32:14 PM »

All of the people who said yes are why we can never have good things.

The question was "do you own a gun?"

Because not wanting widespread mass shootings is absurd and ignorant. Please don't keep peddling these untrue NRA talking points.
How does my dad's revolver contribute to mass shootings?

It legitimately feels mean making fun of S019’s ridiculous views and nonsensical takes ... guy seems off.

Id feel bad but I can quote a post where he said dumb posters should be mocked so I'm all for it.
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #19 on: December 12, 2020, 02:06:13 PM »

No men are attractive.

And I’m not saying that as some kind of “toxic masculinity” thing. I genuinely just don’t understand how anyone can look at a man and think “Yeah, that’s hot!”

Reminds me of this Seinfeld quote:

“The female body is a work of art. The male body is utilitarian, it’s for gettin’ around, like a Jeep.“

This is an incredibly "straight guy" thing to say.

You can think what you want, but I honest to god believe this and always have. I just don’t get it. Not complaining that like half the population finds men attractive, but I fundamentally do not understand why.

Not that bad but I still remember that drunken rant so naming it after that. Also Elliot going possibly blue is the worst prediction from this election Tongue
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #20 on: December 12, 2020, 05:26:55 PM »

Forumlurker or Horus sound like top contenders?

Why may I ask?

And as for Alben's comment, it wasn't offensive. As a gay man I don't understand how anyone could find women attractive. That was literally the tamest comment ever.
It's just woke-ism taken to its logical conclusion. Ultimately one finger must get the last wag.

Nah didn't care about that comment

Named it because I remembered his rant about being the smartest man ever.
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #21 on: February 25, 2021, 01:40:59 PM »

Wow, Republicans sure are becoming the party of the working class

People do realize one of the main functions of school in society is such that working parents are able to work?  If teachers go on strike the parents can often struggle.

The GOP still does a lot of other #elitist Broken heart sh**t but this isn't one of them.  Not all working people are in a union.

IMO It shouldn't be "illegal" exactly as in the teachers could be locked up for it but I wouldn't mind the state refusing to recognize public unions.  Although as far as I understand usually there aren't any legal penalties and it just makes it even easier to fire striking teachers.

https://www.governing.com/archive/tns-west-virginia-strike-ends.html

The strike left working parents of younger students looking for child care options while it continued. In Bluefield, the city Parks and Recreation Department offered an alternative. Children were playing Wednesday at the Bluefield Auditorium along Stadium Drive.

oNLY peOPLe in unIoNs CAN be WorKiNg cLAsS
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #22 on: February 25, 2021, 05:44:31 PM »
« Edited: February 25, 2021, 05:48:48 PM by You Code 16 bits- What do you get? »

People do realize one of the main functions of school in society is such that working parents are able to work?  If teachers go on strike the parents can often struggle.

The GOP still does a lot of other #elitist Broken heart sh**t but this isn't one of them.  Not all working people are in a union.

IMO It shouldn't be "illegal" exactly as in the teachers could be locked up for it but I wouldn't mind the state refusing to recognize public unions.  Although as far as I understand usually there aren't any legal penalties and it just makes it even easier to fire striking teachers.

https://www.governing.com/archive/tns-west-virginia-strike-ends.html

The strike left working parents of younger students looking for child care options while it continued. In Bluefield, the city Parks and Recreation Department offered an alternative. Children were playing Wednesday at the Bluefield Auditorium along Stadium Drive.

oNLY peOPLe in unIoNs CAN be WorKiNg cLAsS
do you think people are criticizing you because they think "only people in unions can be working class" or is it because you hinted that you wouldn't really mind if we imprisoned teachers for demanding decent working conditions?

I literally said it shouldn't be illegal in that regard where the teachers could be locked up. From what I understand most of the term of "illegal strike" is just used to make firing easier but I would like more clear terms.
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #23 on: May 15, 2021, 02:53:42 PM »
« Edited: May 20, 2021, 05:01:17 PM by lfromnj »

If this is going nowhere soon, Israel should probably seize all of the West Bank and Gaza and evict every Arab from there. Then create a highly militarized 50km buffer zone to the neighbouring countries.

Better an end with horror than no end at all.

Moving back to Tender Branson for supporting ethnic cleansing.
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #24 on: June 19, 2021, 10:48:38 AM »

LA county swung right by 5 points likely due to their large Asian and Latinx population shifting right. White voters in California shifted more left from 2016 and it balanced out almost evenly.

> Latinx

I'm always a bit bemused by the way that a huge majority of even left wing posters on here are so freaked out by that term.

I'm torn between thinking this is more a sheer obstinate refusal to even try and understand the sorts of issues that are  significant outside of the English speaking world (which works the other way round too - see the "how would Belgium vote if it was a US state" type threads, where people try to calque US issues onto a context where they aren't especially relevant); or that it is simply down to the US being much more conservative on issues related to gender and LGBT equality. Nevertheless, it's remarkably different to how I see the issue being discussed by left wingers in French or German.

France literally banned neutral language in schools. Meanwhile in America plenty of idiot local institutions  who throw money towards DEI consultants will use the term Latinx in official messaging.  The idea that this is a purely American or Anglophone issue is absurd.  It started in America but unfortunately one of our main exports is wokism.
Pages: [1] 2  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies