Absentee Ballot - June 2008 Runoff Election - Southeast & Pacific Senate Seats (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 05:21:30 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Voting Booth (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Absentee Ballot - June 2008 Runoff Election - Southeast & Pacific Senate Seats (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Absentee Ballot - June 2008 Runoff Election - Southeast & Pacific Senate Seats  (Read 7940 times)
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« on: June 23, 2008, 10:45:17 PM »

for Senator

Pacific
[1] Torie (i-CA)
[2] Friz (JCP - OR) (i)
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2008, 11:16:05 PM »
« Edited: June 25, 2008, 11:19:23 PM by Torie »

The Supreme Court has decided to place an injunction to hault this election.  I will not lock this thread, but I wanted to notify everybody.  Consider this a formal notification.

~~Inks.LWC
Deputy SoFA

The Pacific Election runoff has not been put on hold actually by the Court. So your notification in my opinion is only half right. There was no motion to enjoin proceeding with the Pacific Senatorial Election runoff, much less a granting of any such non existent motion, or by the Court's own motion. So I would appreciate your making that clarification, or I will have to ask the Court to so clarify. Thank you.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2008, 10:25:43 PM »

Will the previously cast votes in the Southeast election remain valid if the court rules in favor of the runoff?

Who knows? An injunction stops matters in their place, rather than undoing anything, so unless there is a reason to start anew, one would think a mere unfreezing would occur, and matters would proceed from the time of the issuance of the injunction. I am sure the Court will advise one way or the other, if the Court rules against Spade in his action.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies