2020 DNC thread (starts at 9pm ET)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 10, 2024, 03:59:50 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  2020 DNC thread (starts at 9pm ET)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 ... 52
Author Topic: 2020 DNC thread (starts at 9pm ET)  (Read 29386 times)
solidcoalition
Rookie
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #125 on: August 17, 2020, 08:58:41 PM »

I have to say I am concerned about the emphasis on African Americans and racial identity politics.  I think it could turn off potential white Midwest voters.

I am so sick of this damn racism. What do you want? A Klan rally? The Democratic Party isn't going to go alt-right and racist, so you should just stick with the GOP.

Pardon me I知 just being honest. Why am I so attacked? I知 a proud intergendered woman who is voting for Biden but I have bad vibes from all of this.

I think you need to focus more on the content of these speeches, and less on the skin color of the person giving the speech.

I wanna get rid of Donald Trump, not win a morality award. This is not going to win Biden the election of this entire week is one big grievance funeral.
Horus
Sheliak5
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #126 on: August 17, 2020, 08:58:58 PM »

I have to say I am concerned about the emphasis on African Americans and racial identity politics.  I think it could turn off potential white Midwest voters.

I am so sick of this damn racism. What do you want? A Klan rally? The Democratic Party isn't going to go alt-right and racist, so you should just stick with the GOP.

Pardon me I知 just being honest. Why am I so attacked? I知 a proud intergendered woman who is voting for Biden but I have bad vibes from all of this.

Peaceful protests against racism and police brutality poll 15-20 points better than Kamala Harris and Joe Biden
new_patomic

« Reply #127 on: August 17, 2020, 08:59:06 PM »

The "My father's only pre-existing condition was trusting Donald Trump" line has been the only one to have a lasting impact all night.
soundchaser

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.26

P P P
« Reply #128 on: August 17, 2020, 08:59:10 PM »

Hell yeah Sara Gideon! Good job reminding people of the importance of the Senate.
TiltsAreUnderrated
Junior Chimp

« Reply #129 on: August 17, 2020, 08:59:41 PM »

...and five minutes later Susan Collins' opponent starts speaking.
riceowl
riceowl315
YaBB God

« Reply #130 on: August 17, 2020, 08:59:47 PM »

Sara Gideon: Can I speak at the DNC?
Organizers: *check notes* Well, there is one thing left..
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #131 on: August 17, 2020, 09:00:09 PM »

Susan Collins is very disappointed this appearance by Sara Gideon.
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #132 on: August 17, 2020, 09:00:24 PM »

Sara Gideon is cool
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #133 on: August 17, 2020, 09:00:39 PM »

You're a white male with pictures of Trump and guns on your wall. But that aside, it's funny how you complain about identity politics but then try to use a fake identity to bolster your tired, racist argument.
soundchaser

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.26

P P P
« Reply #134 on: August 17, 2020, 09:01:07 PM »

Honestly, I知 sure this an ok song out of this context, but I壇 much rather this slot have just gone to Gideon herself...
Interlocutor is just not there yet
Interlocutor
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -5.04

« Reply #135 on: August 17, 2020, 09:01:37 PM »

Ooo! I like Maggie Rogers.
CellarDoor
United States

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #136 on: August 17, 2020, 09:01:41 PM »

I think you need to focus more on the content of these speeches, and less on the skin color of the person giving the speech.

I wanna get rid of Donald Trump, not win a morality award. This is not going to win Biden the election of this entire week is one big grievance funeral.

Oh yeah, what would you know about that?  If you've studied the 2016 election at all, you'd know that the main reason Clinton lost was due to low turnout of Black voters.  Increasing that turnout, along with Biden's improvements among whites (significantly improvements in the surburbs, but important improvements across the board), will win him the election.

But aside from that, your problem is that you are watching a show with a ton of content and you seem solely focused on the skin color of the presenters.  What does that say about you?
GeneralMacArthur
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #137 on: August 17, 2020, 09:02:17 PM »

Can't believe AOC complained about only getting sixty seconds when literally every speech has been 30-60 seconds.  I'll give her the benefit of the doubt and assume she didn't know all the speeches were going to be similarly truncated.

I really wish Sara Gideon got more time.  Biden, Cunningham, Gideon are the three most important races.  Then again Cal Cunningham may not get to speak at all.
Horus
Sheliak5
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #138 on: August 17, 2020, 09:03:29 PM »

Can't believe AOC complained about only getting sixty seconds when literally every speech has been 30-60 seconds.  I'll give her the benefit of the doubt and assume she didn't know all the speeches were going to be similarly truncated.

I really wish Sara Gideon got more time.  Biden, Cunningham, Gideon are the three most important races.  Then again Cal Cunningham may not get to speak at all.

Cunningham seems to have some clout with rural whites, it might be better if he doesn't speak.
Interlocutor is just not there yet
Interlocutor
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -5.04

« Reply #139 on: August 17, 2020, 09:04:04 PM »

I'm liking how they seem to be including 'regular folks' from every state. Yeah they seem to be making sure to include someone from Michigan or Wisconsin every 5 minutes, but gives it more of a national feel.

And on that note, Michigan Gov. Whitmer!
Roronoa D. Law
Patrick97
United States

« Reply #140 on: August 17, 2020, 09:04:34 PM »

Its that woman from Michigan.
LabourJersey
United States

« Reply #141 on: August 17, 2020, 09:04:52 PM »

Cuomo blows, but I do agree that the presentation was good for his bit. I hope he doesn稚 run in 2024, doubt he痴 going anywhere if he does though.

How would a Cuomo 2024 campaign even work? I'd have to assume Harris is the frontrunner assuming Biden wins this year. Unless Cuomo goes full #woke and runs from the Left, I don't seem him finding a lane to run in
WD
Western Democrat
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -0.35

« Reply #142 on: August 17, 2020, 09:05:30 PM »

Cunningham seems to have some clout with rural whites, it might be better if he doesn't speak.

What do you mean? Appealing to rurals whites is something Democrats should want. The more votes the better.
TiltsAreUnderrated
Junior Chimp

« Reply #143 on: August 17, 2020, 09:06:02 PM »

Cuomo blows, but I do agree that the presentation was good for his bit. I hope he doesn稚 run in 2024, doubt he痴 going anywhere if he does though.

How would a Cuomo 2024 campaign even work? I'd have to assume Harris is the frontrunner assuming Biden wins this year. Unless Cuomo goes full #woke and runs from the Left, I don't seem him finding a lane to run in

Scorched earth electability focus and outreach to Biden Cabinet members who are not on board with Harris 2024.

N.B. this probably wouldn't work but I'm not sure what else would for Cuomo.
Crumpets
Thinking Crumpets Crumpet
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.06, S: -6.52

« Reply #144 on: August 17, 2020, 09:06:17 PM »

I'm liking how they seem to be including 'regular folks' from every state. Yeah they seem to be making sure to include someone from Michigan or Wisconsin every 5 minutes, but gives it more of a national feel.

And on that note, Michigan Gov. Whitmer!

Kind of disappointed I missed whatever memo got those people in the DNC.
Horus
Sheliak5
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #145 on: August 17, 2020, 09:06:31 PM »

What do you mean? Appealing to rurals whites is something Democrats should want. The more votes the better.

He would appear too establishment. The way to appeal to rural whites in a NC senate contest does not include appearing at the DNC.
Mad Deadly Worldwide Communist Gangster Computer God
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #146 on: August 17, 2020, 09:07:36 PM »

Good stuff, DNC.
randomusername

« Reply #147 on: August 17, 2020, 09:07:40 PM »

I get that this is a bit weird being fully online, but Cuomo especially looks bad. He seemed way more lively and likeable when he'd give his daily COVID briefings.  
JGibson
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.00, S: -6.50

« Reply #148 on: August 17, 2020, 09:07:44 PM »

Whitmer knocked it out of the park.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix