Being Economically Leftist and Socially Conservative is immoral. (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 05:17:19 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Debate (Moderator: Torie)
  Being Economically Leftist and Socially Conservative is immoral. (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Being Economically Leftist and Socially Conservative is immoral.
Strongly Agree

Lean Agree

Lean Disagree

Strongly Disagree

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 23

Author Topic: Being Economically Leftist and Socially Conservative is immoral.  (Read 1799 times)
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« on: January 14, 2006, 01:20:23 PM »

I voted strongly disagree.  I have also been interested in liberation theology even if I do not agree with many of its ideas.  I do not think most of these people were immoral. They had strong religious beliefs, a hyper sense of social justice and a misguided idealism.  Taken together I do not see how they are mutually exclusive.

So you support communism then? If so you went up a notch in my book!

It's not immoral, though it doesn't reflect my politics.  It's funny that a social liberal is attacking social conservatives as immoral, when one of the central tenets of social liberalism is that morality is useless and outdated.

No, that's hardly my position at all. I just don't think that things that social conservatives consider immoral are immoral at all. I actually saw on a site of a left wing church coalition about how certain activities of the Bush Administration are immoral and what they call unChristian, yet they seem to be largely tolerant of abortion and homosexuality and socially liberal.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies