The Next DNC Chair: TOM PEREZ WINS, makes Ellison deputy chair (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 11:13:43 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  The Next DNC Chair: TOM PEREZ WINS, makes Ellison deputy chair (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Who should become Chairman of the DNC?
Keith Ellison
Tom Perez
Pete Buttigieg
Ray Buckley
Jaime Harrison
Sally Boynton Brown
Jehmu Greene
Sam Ronan
Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Author Topic: The Next DNC Chair: TOM PEREZ WINS, makes Ellison deputy chair  (Read 109595 times)
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

« on: November 11, 2016, 04:21:10 PM »

As long as Ellison quits congress I'd be happy with him

I'd actually be fine with that, provided that Ilhan Omar replaces him.

Ilan Omar sounds awesome -has she expressed interest in running for Keith Ellison's seat if he became DNC chair?
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2016, 02:50:13 PM »
« Edited: November 12, 2016, 02:51:51 PM by Frodo »

Howard Dean was a fantastic DNC chair, but he is Yesterday's Man.  We ran a lot of has-beens this year (virtually all of whom lost), and I think it's time for some new blood, and who better than a young Muslim congressman from Minnesota with a reliably progressive voting record?  

Selecting Keith Ellison would certainly send a signal that the Democratic Party gets 'it'.  
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2016, 04:54:46 PM »

Howard Dean was a fantastic DNC chair, but he is Yesterday's Man.  We ran a lot of has-beens this year (virtually all of whom lost), and I think it's time for some new blood, and who better than a young Muslim congressman from Minnesota with a reliably progressive voting record?  

Selecting Keith Ellison would certainly send a signal that the Democratic Party gets 'it'.  

It does the exact opposite. We lost because we both alienated white working class voters and didn't turn out minorities. The DNC is a full time job, which Ellison can't commit to as a Congressman. Ellison should be chair of the DCCC or co-chair of the DNC with him as the public face of the party and Dean in charge of actual operations, similar to the format of the '90s.

That's a good point, and I can certainly live with this arrangement.
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2016, 04:57:32 PM »

Is this the same Rahm Emmanuel who is about to be chased from his job as Chicago mayor by angry voters with pitchforks?
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2016, 05:53:30 PM »

Good question -we are so far down the hole, it is hard to think what else we have left to lose, apart from our remaining rural seats in Minnesota. 
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2017, 04:57:35 PM »

What was the vote breakdown? 
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2017, 06:25:58 PM »

What is Shadowproof?  Is this an updated version of CommonDreams? 
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2017, 06:57:03 PM »

Bernie Bros -sour grapes and sore losers.
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2017, 07:01:01 PM »

So this is the new DNC Chair:

Could these morons possibly find anyone more divisive?  That was honestly the most sick, disgusting and dishonest thing the Clinton campaign did during the primary and this punk was behind it.  He can go f*** himself.

Didn't Sanders also say that Clinton was unqualified to be Commander in chief?

No offense, but are you stupid or something?  This clown, after the New Hampshire primary sent Podesta an email saying that Bernie may have the youth vote but we can try and create a narrative that he only has the white youth vote, which would play well in South Carolina (his exact words).

This is Dirty Politics 101, the kind of tactics I usually expect from Republicans, not someone leading the Democratic party.  It is dishonest because I am sure this punk knows Bernie wasn't racist, and extremely hurtful to many progressives who were portrayed essentially as white supremacists.

If you're happy with this a-hole, fine, be my guest.  But Perez doesn't give a f*** for anyone but himself and his bosses.

Given how credible you take this source to be, I'm sure you won't condemn any Trumpist who uses Breitbart news or anything equivalent.
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2017, 08:03:52 PM »

So this is the new DNC Chair:

Could these morons possibly find anyone more divisive?  That was honestly the most sick, disgusting and dishonest thing the Clinton campaign did during the primary and this punk was behind it.  He can go f*** himself.

Didn't Sanders also say that Clinton was unqualified to be Commander in chief?

No offense, but are you stupid or something?  This clown, after the New Hampshire primary sent Podesta an email saying that Bernie may have the youth vote but we can try and create a narrative that he only has the white youth vote, which would play well in South Carolina (his exact words).

This is Dirty Politics 101, the kind of tactics I usually expect from Republicans, not someone leading the Democratic party.  It is dishonest because I am sure this punk knows Bernie wasn't racist, and extremely hurtful to many progressives who were portrayed essentially as white supremacists.

If you're happy with this a-hole, fine, be my guest.  But Perez doesn't give a f*** for anyone but himself and his bosses.

Given how credible you take this source to be, I'm sure you won't condemn any Trumpist who uses Breitbart news or anything equivalent.

The DKIM verified e-mail is here. Tom Perez sees identity politics as something that can be used in a divide and conquer manner against progressives.

https://wikileaks.org/podesta-emails/emailid/4429

LOL, Wikileaks?!  Is this the same group that won't release anything critical of their boy Trump?  And you consider them a reliable source?
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2017, 08:16:10 PM »

Goodbye punk.  Keep insulting people.  It will surely help you win elections.  Pathetic.

Oh, I'm so sorry, did you Bernie Bros somehow feel entitled to this position?
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #11 on: February 25, 2017, 08:41:33 PM »

Goodbye punk.  Keep insulting people.  It will surely help you win elections.  Pathetic.

Oh, I'm so sorry, did you Bernie Bros somehow feel entitled to this position?

Drop the namecalling, Islamaphobe.

I guess you did.
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #12 on: February 25, 2017, 11:42:36 PM »

Still can't believe how our True Leftist (is that better?) friends are hyperventilating over this.
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #13 on: February 25, 2017, 11:56:07 PM »

Still can't believe how outraged our True Leftist (is that better?) friends are hyperventilating over this.

You really think you can have us behave like sheep and vote for a party that is our enemy? Good luck without us.

Honestly, the Democratic Party is better off without you.  Not without Berniecrats, they are and will remain a major part of the coalition. But they're certainly better off without you specifically.

Classy.

Haven't you joined the California Green Party yet?  With the California GOP as insignificant as the U.K. Labour Party has become under Jeremy Corbyn, it may become the only opposition party in the state.  They could use zealots like you.  We certainly can do without you.
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #14 on: February 26, 2017, 12:01:39 AM »

Frodo, serious question, do you consider me to be a Bernie bro?

When I use that phrase, I use it specifically for obnoxious Bernie supporters like jfern.  I don't have you (or anything like you) in mind who displays some semblance of sanity.  That is unless you actually identify with him.

Do you?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies