St Patrick's Day (Mar 17) Election Results Thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 03, 2024, 12:10:47 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  St Patrick's Day (Mar 17) Election Results Thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 18 19 [20]
Author Topic: St Patrick's Day (Mar 17) Election Results Thread  (Read 15119 times)
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #475 on: March 18, 2020, 11:49:19 AM »

“Reassess” is politispeak for “dropping out soon.” Maybe not today or tomorrow, but soon. The Sanders haters are going to be so bored with themselves, poor things, they’ll need to find a new hobby.
Lisa's voting Biden
LCameronAL
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.75, S: -3.83

« Reply #476 on: March 18, 2020, 12:08:02 PM »

“Reassess” is politispeak for “dropping out soon.” Maybe not today or tomorrow, but soon. The Sanders haters are going to be so bored with themselves, poor things, they’ll need to find a new hobby.
I just plan to vote for Biden and hope SandersBots will do the same.
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

« Reply #477 on: March 18, 2020, 12:12:37 PM »

Yep, get out Bernie.
pppolitics
Junior Chimp

« Reply #478 on: March 18, 2020, 12:35:13 PM »

The Bernie hate-circle here is fascinating. Bernie's someone you're going to need this fall for Biden to defeat Trump. He's hugely popular with an important chunk of the Democratic Party, and he's arguably the most transformative progressive in a generation.

Yes, it's time for Bernie to exit the race. Give the man some time. This entire situation is new and surprising, as I'm sure Bernie expected to be able to rally his supporters and GOTV through organizing as he's traditionally done in the past. He hasn't been able to do that due to the pandemic, and as I've said before, he will leave the race soon.

It's abundantly clear that the far-left (Sanders's base) makes up around 1/3 of the party.

Meanwhile, the center-left makes up around 2/3 of the party.

What is annoying is Sanders and his supporters claiming that the "corrupt establishment" is stealing the nomination from him (Sanders).

The fact of the matter is that Sanders is losing because he didn't expand his base beyond 1/3 of the party, not because the "corrupt establishment" is stealing the nomination from him.

By repeating his false claim, Sanders is insulting 2/3 of the party (that doesn't support him) and is basically saying that the 1/3 of the party that supports him is more important than the 2/3 of the party that doesn't.
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #479 on: March 18, 2020, 02:53:37 PM »

The Bernie hate-circle here is fascinating. Bernie's someone you're going to need this fall for Biden to defeat Trump. He's hugely popular with an important chunk of the Democratic Party, and he's arguably the most transformative progressive in a generation.

Yes, it's time for Bernie to exit the race. Give the man some time. This entire situation is new and surprising, as I'm sure Bernie expected to be able to rally his supporters and GOTV through organizing as he's traditionally done in the past. He hasn't been able to do that due to the pandemic, and as I've said before, he will leave the race soon.
Whatever. Sanders's supporters smeared folks like Warren, Beto, Harris, and Pete- making ridiculous and defamatory claims, pushed candidates out of the race with vengeance and glee. He flopped, he's a fraud, and his claims about bringing all these new voters to the polls without the evil witch corrupt neolib corporate slut whore Hillary in the way was a LIE.

Bye Bernie! Don't let the door hit you on the way out.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #480 on: March 18, 2020, 03:09:16 PM »

Whatever. Sanders's supporters smeared folks like Warren, Beto, Harris, and Pete- making ridiculous and defamatory claims, pushed candidates out of the race with vengeance and glee. He flopped, he's a fraud, and his claims about bringing all these new voters to the polls without the evil witch corrupt neolib corporate slut whore Hillary in the way was a LIE.

Come on guys, enough. The Family Feud is over, Bernie deserves to leave with dignity, and we all need to unite against arguably the literal worst president in history. Seriously, at this point I think Trump is arguably worse than Buchanan, Fillmore, or Nixon.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #481 on: March 18, 2020, 03:10:00 PM »

Come on guys, enough. The Family Feud is over, Bernie deserves to leave with dignity, and we all need to unite against arguably the literal worst president in history. Seriously, at this point I think Trump is arguably worse than Buchanan, Fillmore, or Nixon.

There is no way Trump is worse than Piece, Buchanan, or A Johnson and even Hoover.

Hoover was also clearly worse than Nixon in every way as well
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #482 on: March 18, 2020, 03:21:58 PM »

There is no way Trump is worse than Piece, Buchanan, or A Johnson and even Hoover.

People will disagree with you.
But even by your assessment, trump is in the bottom 5/6 of all-time worst.
Most people didn't even live through any of the other "horrible candidates" you listed (some maybe Nixon), so to have "the worst in their/our lifetime" (trump), is something we will all remember for the rest of our lives.
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #483 on: March 18, 2020, 03:30:54 PM »

Yeah, Badger gets it. Bashing Sanders at this point does nothing but stroke the egos of those who hate him and probably hurts Biden, if anything. We all have to bury the hatchet together.
catographer
Megameow
United States
« Reply #484 on: March 18, 2020, 03:38:09 PM »

Bizarrely, Amy Klobuchar is at 0 votes statewide in Illinois according to NYT. Meanwhile, she is included in CNN and WashPo's tallies, as well as Atlas' statewide numbers (but not county numbers). The only place I've noticed where this is noticeable is Kankakee county, where Biden is above 60% with no-Klo numbers but under 60% with Klobuchar included.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #485 on: March 18, 2020, 03:58:00 PM »

Bizarrely, Amy Klobuchar is at 0 votes statewide in Illinois according to NYT. Meanwhile, she is included in CNN and WashPo's tallies, as well as Atlas' statewide numbers (but not county numbers). The only place I've noticed where this is noticeable is Kankakee county, where Biden is above 60% with no-Klo numbers but under 60% with Klobuchar included.

Atlas has Klobuchar with 68% in Pike county
catographer
Megameow
United States
« Reply #486 on: March 18, 2020, 04:00:38 PM »

Atlas has Klobuchar with 68% in Pike county

Gotta love those data entry errors...
#TheShadowyAbyss
TheShadowyAbyss
Atlas Icon
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -3.64

« Reply #487 on: March 18, 2020, 06:26:26 PM »

I wonder how turnout would have been like if it wasn't for coronavirus?

Here in Florida it was expected thanks to early vote we'd break 2.2 million Dem ballots (it was 1.7 mil in 2016) but we barely passed 2016 thanks to a significant drop in in-person E-Day voting.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #488 on: March 18, 2020, 06:43:50 PM »

I wonder how turnout would have been like if it wasn't for coronavirus?

Here in Florida it was expected thanks to early vote we'd break 2.2 million Dem ballots (it was 1.7 mil in 2016) but we barely passed 2016 thanks to a significant drop in in-person E-Day voting.

I guarantee you it would have been dramatically higher in Ohio yesterday. Tongue
Famous Mortimer
WillipsBrighton
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #489 on: March 20, 2020, 03:47:20 AM »

lol we had a president who started a war of aggression in Iraq that killed hundreds of thousands of people STILL ALIVE. How is Trump worse than that?
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #490 on: March 20, 2020, 09:34:20 AM »

People will disagree with you.
But even by your assessment, trump is in the bottom 5/6 of all-time worst.
Most people didn't even live through any of the other "horrible candidates" you listed (some maybe Nixon), so to have "the worst in their/our lifetime" (trump), is something we will all remember for the rest of our lives.

Nixon seems to have been personally crooked, but an effective President all the same. Johnson should never have been in office. Pierce a failure and a broken human being (which I have a hard time holding against him). Buchanan was a simple failure. Hoover likewise failed to handle a difficult situation, but I have a hard time holding that single giant failure as evidence of complete awfulness from the man who co-wrote the definitive translation of De Re Metallica.

Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

« Reply #491 on: March 21, 2020, 12:10:59 AM »

WA has finished counting:

https://results.vote.wa.gov/results/20200310/Turnout.html
Gracile
gracile
Moderators
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -8.00, S: -7.65

« Reply #492 on: March 23, 2020, 10:32:15 AM »

Does anyone know if there are (preliminary) results for the March 17th primaries by congressional district yet? I wanted to see a breakdown, but I can't find one online.
West_Midlander
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.19, S: 1.22

« Reply #493 on: March 27, 2020, 01:13:32 PM »

Imo the race was lost when Clyburn endorsed. Clyburn's endorsement ended up being the first step in a chain-reaction that upended the race and turned out to be the most impactful endorsement of the primary by far and it wasn't even close in that regard.

I gave up thinking Bernie could come back and win once I saw the primary results from Tuesday, 3/10/20, the morning after. Biden is the nominee.

It's disheartening to watch Bernie stay in the race, act as if he can still win, and to even keep opening campaign offices.
brucejoel99
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -3.30

« Reply #494 on: March 27, 2020, 01:27:45 PM »

Imo the race was lost when Clyburn endorsed. Clyburn's endorsement ended up being the first step in a chain-reaction that upended the race and turned out to be the most impactful endorsement of the primary by far and it wasn't even close in that regard.

I gave up thinking Bernie could come back and win once I saw the primary results from Tuesday, 3/10/20, the morning after. Biden is the nominee.

It's disheartening to watch Bernie stay in the race, act as if he can still win, and to even keep opening campaign offices.

I'd argue the race was lost even earlier: the Nevada debate. When Bloomberg got his ass handed to him by Warren, she also inadvertently handed the mantle of moderate standard bearer back to Biden, which arguably led to him clinching 2nd in Nevada, which led to the Clyburn endorsement, & so on & so forth, & the rest is history.
Bidenworth2020
politicalmasta73
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #495 on: March 27, 2020, 01:32:44 PM »

I'd argue the race was lost even earlier: the Nevada debate. When Bloomberg got his ass handed to him by Warren, she also inadvertently handed the mantle of moderate standard bearer back to Biden, which arguably led to him clinching 2nd in Nevada, which led to the Clyburn endorsement, & so on & so forth, & the rest is history.
Maybe, but by the same token you could say the race was lost when Buttigieg didn't win New Hampshire, allowing Biden to get second in NV and win Nevada. In a race with so many moving parts, specifying one moment as "when it was over" is a futile goal.
DINGO Joe
dingojoe
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #496 on: March 27, 2020, 01:39:57 PM »

Does anyone know if there are (preliminary) results for the March 17th primaries by congressional district yet? I wanted to see a breakdown, but I can't find one online.

Here's Florida

https://floridaelectionwatch.gov/FederalOffices/CongressionalDistricts
brucejoel99
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #497 on: March 27, 2020, 01:52:58 PM »

Maybe, but by the same token you could say the race was lost when Buttigieg didn't win New Hampshire, allowing Biden to get second in NV and win Nevada. In a race with so many moving parts, specifying one moment as "when it was over" is a futile goal.

Eh, not really. Buttigieg losing NH didn't help Biden so much as it hurt Buttigieg. Bloomberg crashing & burning is what truly helped Biden.
Bidenworth2020
politicalmasta73
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #498 on: March 27, 2020, 02:01:34 PM »

Eh, not really. Buttigieg losing NH didn't help Biden so much as it hurt Buttigieg. Bloomberg crashing & burning is what truly helped Biden.
IIRC, Buttigieg was about 4 points away from Biden for second place. If he won NH, I have little doubt he would have leapfrogged Biden, which probably would have been game over.
brucejoel99
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #499 on: March 27, 2020, 02:25:57 PM »

IIRC, Buttigieg was about 4 points away from Biden for second place. If he won NH, I have little doubt he would have leapfrogged Biden, which probably would have been game over.

Buttigieg was never getting AA support, though, whereas Bloomberg was consistently performing well among African-Americans. That's why the latter was much more of a threat to Biden than the former.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 18 19 [20]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies