Why doesn't the GOP establishment spill the dirt on Newt?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 20, 2024, 10:12:58 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Why doesn't the GOP establishment spill the dirt on Newt?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Why doesn't the GOP establishment spill the dirt on Newt?  (Read 1520 times)
Cincinnatus
JBach717
YaBB God
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: December 08, 2011, 06:18:46 PM »

Newt was the establishment. Almost all of power players in the GOP today can't stand the guy.

Which won't prevent the large majority of them from supporting him in the GE anyway...

I don't support Mitt or Newt, but Mitt is a not as bad candidate than Gingrich.

Mitt's a horrible candidate - other than the dust up with Perry, Mitt hasn't said a single memorable thing in over 6 years of running for POTUS.  He's like a dog who thinks he's going to pull one over on you if he moves slow enough, even though you are looking right at him.

Yes, and no.  Relative to the current GOP field, absolutely not.   
Swing low, sweet chariot. Comin' for to carry me home.
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #26 on: December 08, 2011, 06:54:59 PM »

shopping at Tiffany's and vacationing in Greece is a sin?!  who knew

If he used campaign funds for his vacation in Greece, then yes.

drop the jmfcsts a line when you resolve that "if"

---

The Tiffany's thing is at very least embarrassing and raises questions about his spending habits. If you were looking to hire an employee for your business, and you ran a credit check and found that he was deeply in debt to Tiffany's, you surely wouldn't count it as a positive.

does he still owe the debt?  if so, is he late on his payments?...but his spending habits I don't care to know
Swedish Rainbow Capitalist Cheese
JOHN91043353
YaBB God
Sweden

« Reply #27 on: December 08, 2011, 07:00:47 PM »

Well the Bible say a lot of pretty normal and common things are sins, so it wouldn't surprise me.
Either way, looking at where Greece is at the moment it does sort of seem they're not God's favourite people. <.<
Swing low, sweet chariot. Comin' for to carry me home.
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #28 on: December 08, 2011, 07:02:26 PM »

Well the Bible say a lot of pretty normal and common things are sins, so it wouldn't surprise me.
Either way, looking at where Greece is at the moment it does sort of seem they're not God's favourite people. <.<

you're insulting the knowledge and intelligence of the jmfcsts
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #29 on: December 08, 2011, 07:07:37 PM »

If he used campaign funds for his vacation in Greece, then yes. If he used personal funds, it's obviously not an ethical issue, though it does lead to questions about his judgement if he's taking a vacation while he's supposed to be running for president.

So you think that people running for president should never take a break to relax and unwind? Maybe if Perry had bothered to take some breaks he might not have sleepwalked through his early debates and been able to remember more than two things at a time.  Now if Newt were to take a vacation now with Iowa less than a month away, I'd agree with you, but taking a vacation in June was actually a good idea since it was likely the last chance he would have to take one before the campaign season ramped up. Also, if it was to be a real vacation instead of a working vacation it needed to be overseas, and I can't think of an overseas location that would have better politically, and a lot that could have been worse.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies