KY-SEN: Amy McGrath in (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 03:42:32 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  KY-SEN: Amy McGrath in (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: KY-SEN: Amy McGrath in  (Read 59657 times)
Astatine

Political Matrix
E: -0.72, S: -5.90

« on: June 13, 2020, 11:49:59 AM »

Honestly, at this point I hope Mary Ann Tobin wins the Democratic primary. She won the State Auditor election in 1983 with 64 % (!) and thus she is the only one in the primary having ever won a statewide race, hell yeah, even in a landslide! Plus she has a cute dog. With Joe Biden being the oldest major party nominee ever, her progressed age (80 something? found no birth date anywhere...) is just in line with the Democratic presidential nominee. While she was serving as public servant in Kentucky, Charles Booker was crying for food in his diapers and Amy McGrath just learnt how to add numbers in elementary school. Take that!

And if she were to be nominated, national Democrats would maybe finally treat this race as what it is. A lost cause.
Astatine

Political Matrix
E: -0.72, S: -5.90

« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2020, 12:18:29 PM »

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/06/13/booker-mcgrath-mcconnell-kentucky-senate-316201

Politico has an excellent profile of the Democratic Primary here. Apparently Charles Booker has momentum, endorsements from Bernie Sanders, AOC, and the two largest newspapers in Kentucky.

McGrath has $19 million on hand as of the beginning of this month, which is more than Mitch McConnell's 2014 opponent Alison Lundergan Grimes spent during her entire race at all.

I think McGrath would be the stronger candidate to face McConnell in terms of winning the race, but wouldn't it be awesome to replace Mitch with an actual progressive?

Has there ever been a candidate with a huge bank like that lose a primary?  I know people have spent huge amounts and lost, but this is in the bank.  How would that money be disbursed if she lost (and i doubt she will)?
I don't know whether there ever has been someone, but suppose that Kelly Loeffler has a good chance of clinching that position after Georgia's jungle primary in November.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies