Yet another brave defender of the American home (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 08:27:04 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Yet another brave defender of the American home (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Yet another brave defender of the American home  (Read 1477 times)
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« on: June 23, 2014, 12:50:04 PM »

Quote from: Restricted
You must be logged in to read this quote.
Oops.  Of course, that assumes it was an accident, tho proving otherwise if it weren't may be difficult.
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2014, 01:31:33 PM »

As sad as this is, gun accidents happen. Do we need a thread with calls for gun bans everytime somebody is killed with a gun anywhere?
So long as the gun nuts cling to the delusion that their homes are generally safer if a gun is there, no matter whether or not the owner is competent, yes.  So long as they cling to the delusion that the problem with society is we don't have enough guns, yes.  So long as the gun nuts are so paranoid that any form of regulation is called a gun ban, yes.
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2014, 01:40:30 PM »

As sad as this is, gun accidents happen. Do we need a thread with calls for gun bans everytime somebody is killed with a gun anywhere?
So long as the gun nuts cling to the delusion that their homes are generally safer if a gun is there, no matter whether or not the owner is competent, yes.  So long as they cling to the delusion that the problem with society is we don't have enough guns, yes.  So long as the gun nuts are so paranoid that any form of regulation is called a gun ban, yes.
Should the pistol in my house be taken from my dad because of this guy's f[inks]kup?

No, but he should be required to have training and be tested so as to have a license, just as we do with the other deadly implement commonly found in American homes, the automobile.
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2014, 01:55:17 PM »

Should the pistol in my house be taken from my dad because of this guy's f[inks]kup?

No, but he should be required to have training and be tested so as to have a license, just as we do with the other deadly implement commonly found in American homes, the automobile.
That is already the law, at least down here.

I thought you lived in Florida?  Florida only requires a license if you want to conceal carry.  I mean a license simply to possess, regardless of how you use it.
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2014, 05:51:46 PM »

I mean a license simply to possess, regardless of how you use it.
Ah, well, like I said, it has been a long time since the gun was purchased. He does not take it on his person, so I guess he didn't go through the hurdles he would have to go through in other states.

There are very few States with hurdles.  Only thirteen States and DC require any sort of license or permit to own or acquire a gun.  In six states, their requirements apply only to handguns.  Another three (technically four, California's registration and training requirement currently applies to handguns, but will apply to all guns as of next year) add additional requirements on handguns not found on long guns.  Only seven states require training and of those only four require it of all guns, with the other three only requiring it for handguns.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies