The Imperial Dominion of the South's Legislature
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 07:16:59 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government
  Regional Governments (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The Imperial Dominion of the South's Legislature
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 72 73 74 75 76 [77] 78 79 80 81 82 ... 170
Author Topic: The Imperial Dominion of the South's Legislature  (Read 301397 times)
Dancing with Myself
tb75
YaBB God
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1900 on: August 03, 2011, 10:26:12 PM »

I say we should send a message to TexasGurl and give her a time limit. If she does not show up, we can do whatever is needed, impeach etc.
That sounds reasonable.  I suggest that the Imperial Speaker PM TexasGurl informing her that she has been absent of her duties for eight days and if this persists for another six (a total of two weeks) then on Tuesday, August 9, the recall process will be initiated.

I agree, she posted here so she was already did better than Ben Kenobi did
Yelnoc
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1901 on: August 03, 2011, 10:30:27 PM »

I say we should send a message to TexasGurl and give her a time limit. If she does not show up, we can do whatever is needed, impeach etc.
That sounds reasonable.  I suggest that the Imperial Speaker PM TexasGurl informing her that she has been absent of her duties for eight days and if this persists for another six (a total of two weeks) then on Tuesday, August 9, the recall process will be initiated.

Lol, whatever happened to Obi-wan?  I never saw him post anywhere else on the forum...
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1902 on: August 04, 2011, 01:50:35 AM »

In the meantime, there is still the Imperial Seal Bill to be discussed. Jbrase introduced it prior to being elected Senator, so I would like one of the current Darths to assume sponsorship of the bill.
Yelnoc
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1903 on: August 04, 2011, 10:04:33 AM »
« Edited: August 05, 2011, 01:33:10 PM by Darth Yelnoc »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

I suggest we break this bill into the following two acts...

Basically, PiT can choose whether he wants to join the House of Jbrase by signing these bills with Jbrase's signature upon their passage.  Otherwise, he can wait 30 days (at least I think the IDS has this provision) for the bills to become law without his signature and then proceed to introduce a bill to create his own seal and House of PiT.  What do you guys think?
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1904 on: August 04, 2011, 03:34:08 PM »

I like it, though I notice the first act has an errant use of the word Governor in it. While it may seem like I am being nitpicky (& maybe I am), the What's in a name?: Amendment means that that title no longer has any legal validity in the region.

Also, for reference, bills pass into law automatically if they go 7 days without being acted upon.
Dancing with Myself
tb75
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1905 on: August 04, 2011, 04:00:55 PM »

Lol, whatever happened to Obi-wan?  I never saw him post anywhere else on the forum...

I really don't know but he has not been on here at all since June 27th
Dancing with Myself
tb75
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1906 on: August 04, 2011, 04:01:54 PM »

Basically, PiT can choose whether he wants to join the House of Jbrase by signing these bills with Jbrase's signature upon their passage.  Otherwise, he can wait 30 days (at least I think the IDS has this provision) for the bills to become law without his signature and then proceed to introduce a bill to create his own seal and House of PiT.  What do you guys think?

I may look stupid but what is the point of this?
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #1907 on: August 04, 2011, 04:32:59 PM »

Basically, PiT can choose whether he wants to join the House of Jbrase by signing these bills with Jbrase's signature upon their passage.  Otherwise, he can wait 30 days (at least I think the IDS has this provision) for the bills to become law without his signature and then proceed to introduce a bill to create his own seal and House of PiT.  What do you guys think?

I may look stupid but what is the point of this?
I have to agree..
Yelnoc
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1908 on: August 04, 2011, 04:47:21 PM »

I just took Jbrase's bill and rearranged it a bit and then added a little mechanism for future Emperors to make their own seals.  It's all about FUN.  And regional culture I guess.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1909 on: August 04, 2011, 10:15:02 PM »

I agree with Yelnoc, this will be fun. Besides, our region used to have a seal, but it was lost when the site it was hosted on went down. This would allow us to have a seal again.
Dancing with Myself
tb75
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1910 on: August 05, 2011, 12:48:06 PM »

What is the point of the house of Jbrase though? We do not need another form of government because the legislature is enough
Yelnoc
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1911 on: August 05, 2011, 01:28:57 PM »

What is the point of the house of Jbrase though? We do not need another form of government because the legislature is enough
It's not a form of government.  It's basically an identification that the Emperor can choose to select or reject.  Think of medieval "houses nobility" like the plantagenets which produced many of Britain and France's early kings.  Eventually, that dynasty was supplanted by another.  The same can happen here.
CatoMinor
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1912 on: August 05, 2011, 01:31:08 PM »

Its not another Government. Traditionally Emperors and the like belonged to certain houses. As the regions 1st Emperor I established the House of Jbrase with membership open to anyone. PiT and Yankee (I think) are both members. If PiT had wished he could have established his own house, or any Emperor following him. Its all in good fun and helps keep the IDS unique.

With that said, I would love to see the legislature pass this in the form Yelnoc proposed with the typos PiT mentioned fixed.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1913 on: August 05, 2011, 03:04:30 PM »

I see what it is, and am not opposed.
Yelnoc
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1914 on: August 05, 2011, 04:18:41 PM »

A question, PiT, would these two bills be given omnibus status? 

Anyways, I think we're ready to vote.  tb75, I suggest you start with the below bill (which I fixed the error in).

Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1915 on: August 05, 2011, 07:42:22 PM »

I likely will include both of them them under the Southern Symbols Omnibus Bill, since the regional seal is an important symbol.
Yelnoc
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1916 on: August 05, 2011, 09:40:22 PM »

I'm about to be confirmed as SoIA, so if either the Viceroy or Imperial Speaker would bring it up ASAP so I could vote, I would be very appreciative.
Dancing with Myself
tb75
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1917 on: August 05, 2011, 10:04:29 PM »

Its not another Government. Traditionally Emperors and the like belonged to certain houses. As the regions 1st Emperor I established the House of Jbrase with membership open to anyone. PiT and Yankee (I think) are both members. If PiT had wished he could have established his own house, or any Emperor following him. Its all in good fun and helps keep the IDS unique.

With that said, I would love to see the legislature pass this in the form Yelnoc proposed with the typos PiT mentioned fixed.

Oh okay I get it now, my appolgies
Dancing with Myself
tb75
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1918 on: August 05, 2011, 10:05:26 PM »

The vote is open on the Act
Yelnoc
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1919 on: August 05, 2011, 10:14:29 PM »

Aye.
CatoMinor
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1920 on: August 06, 2011, 03:43:01 PM »

It is a little late now, but I just remembered The IDS Legislature forgot to do its part with the confirmation of Yelnoc. Remember the "Our Opinions Matter Dag Nabbit! Act" ?
Yelnoc
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1921 on: August 06, 2011, 03:54:23 PM »

It is a little late now, but I just remembered The IDS Legislature forgot to do its part with the confirmation of Yelnoc. Remember the "Our Opinions Matter Dag Nabbit! Act" ?
No, I didn't think the poll was supposed to go up until after I was confirmed.  That way, we don't have polls about rejected candidates.
CatoMinor
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1922 on: August 06, 2011, 04:03:56 PM »

Well I guess it doesn't mention specifically when the vote should be held. I just figured It would be held before the senate voted on the nominee, so our opinions could be heard beforehand.
Yelnoc
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1923 on: August 06, 2011, 04:06:57 PM »

Well I guess it doesn't mention specifically when the vote should be held. I just figured It would be held before the senate voted on the nominee, so our opinions could be heard beforehand.
hmm...

Yeah, that would make more sense.  Better late then never, I suppose!
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1924 on: August 06, 2011, 04:21:12 PM »

I vote Aye on the Act Establishing Imperial Seals and Houses

Pages: 1 ... 72 73 74 75 76 [77] 78 79 80 81 82 ... 170  
« previous next »
Jump to: