The Imperial Dominion of the South's Legislature (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 07:55:48 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government
  Regional Governments (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The Imperial Dominion of the South's Legislature (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10
Author Topic: The Imperial Dominion of the South's Legislature  (Read 295578 times)
CatoMinor
Junior Chimp
United States

« on: March 08, 2010, 12:11:25 AM »

Thinking more about it, an emergency initiative can be declared, so repealing the Suck It Pacific Act of 2010 can be voted on as soon as possible. Alternatively, Governor Jbrase could issue an executive order suspending it indefinitely, so the legislature can get around to it later.
It is already suspended, but to end it quicker I'll just start an emergency initiative.
CatoMinor
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2010, 10:13:12 PM »
« Edited: March 11, 2010, 10:14:55 PM by SE Gov. JBrase »

Was the full thing passed or just an amendment?
CatoMinor
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2010, 07:43:33 AM »

It must be signed by the governor because your regional constitution doesn't provide for the Legislature's ability to make its own rules, as does the federal constitution. So this must be legislation.
ok then
Standing Rules 1-5

X JBrase
CatoMinor
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2010, 07:27:18 PM »

Looks good, though I think that the Region Clerk should serve for as long as he wishes, unless the Governor decides to replace him. Seems like doing it that way would cut down on formalities.
I dont like the Idea of life long appointments. I was thinking something that could possibly be added is that once apointed, the Region clerck would be confirmed by the House.
CatoMinor
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2010, 07:40:59 PM »

Segwaystyle pointed out to me that the Northeastern CJO is appointed to a one-year term. Would doing the same for the Region Clerk be good as a compromise position?
That'll work with me if he/she is  confirmed by the House when appointed.
CatoMinor
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2010, 06:23:34 PM »

Fair Voting Requirements Act(with Amendments)

X JBrase
CatoMinor
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2010, 08:26:09 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.
Does this include abortion?
CatoMinor
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2010, 08:49:07 PM »

The regional Constitution implies (though does not explicitly state) that life begins at birth. I don't know of any regional statute on abortion, but that's something I could look up.
Well if there is nothing in our constitution specificly stating Life begins at birth then this could be interpeted as covering the rights of the unborn, yes?
CatoMinor
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2010, 09:04:10 PM »

The regional Constitution implies (though does not explicitly state) that life begins at birth. I don't know of any regional statute on abortion, but that's something I could look up.
Well if there is nothing in our constitution specificly stating Life begins at birth then this could be interpeted as covering the rights of the unborn, yes?

The Wiki is a mess, but from what I can tell abortion is fully legal up until 90 days, after which it is only legal in cases where needed for the mother's health, except in Louisiana & South Carolina where it is illegal for all reasons except for the life of the mother
Perhaps the the Clerk could have the duty of keeping the wiki up to date and orderly added to his/her job.
CatoMinor
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2010, 05:06:46 PM »

No confirmation hearing?
CatoMinor
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2010, 11:30:32 PM »

Well he is in violation of the rules, what do you propose doing?
CatoMinor
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2010, 04:48:49 PM »

Special elections are out for now because now law has been passed regarding them. If SPC doesn't come back by a certain time I'll consider the seat vacated and appoint someone new. how much time should we give him?
CatoMinor
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #12 on: March 30, 2010, 07:23:32 PM »

Special elections are out for now because now law has been passed regarding them. If SPC doesn't come back by a certain time I'll consider the seat vacated and appoint someone new. how much time should we give him?
I know my opinion technically no longer counts here, but maybe give him until the weekend?

I'd also like to apologize for not being present at the last vote- things were a little hectic a few days ago, and I couldn't really find any time. I didn't check the legislature page until the day after the vote. In addition, for some reason I couldn't log on at all the last 4 or 5 days.

I'd be willing to serve again, and hopefully perform better, should SPC not return in a timely manner. I'd say that my overall participation in Atlasia and in the Southeast would merit my consideration, should such a need arise.

I agree with this post. Deldem served well in his brief tenure in the Legislature, & the legislature is in desperate need of active members.
Agreed, until the weekend it is then.
CatoMinor
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #13 on: March 30, 2010, 09:22:39 PM »

We should wait until we see whether or not SPC needs to be replaced to bring up any new bill's because failing due to not having a quorum looks bad.
CatoMinor
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #14 on: March 31, 2010, 06:57:23 PM »

Well if your gonna be in recess till Monday you all won't mind if I just go ahead and put the next bill in the introduction thread to a referendum will you? it was part of the bill to have a referendum anyways.
CatoMinor
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #15 on: March 31, 2010, 07:40:01 PM »

the Two States are better than one act
CatoMinor
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #16 on: March 31, 2010, 09:50:31 PM »

well under the bill, Texas would be divided into two states, Texas and Nueva Tejas
CatoMinor
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #17 on: March 31, 2010, 10:14:43 PM »

Culturally, geographically, and some what linguistically, East and West Texas are like two different worlds let alone states. Do not confuse this as a case of "They are different so we must separate".  And some what like what led to the Dakotas separating, Texas's east has most the population and nearly all the major cities, while out west, separated miles miles of prairie and desert, has its major city in the western most point of the state, El Paso, with the rest of the population scattered along the border.   
CatoMinor
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #18 on: April 02, 2010, 05:34:33 PM »

To split Texas into two states, you might need authorization from the Senate, as stated in Article IV, Section 2, Clause 2:

the bill covers that, after the region agrees upon it then a request is sent to the senate
CatoMinor
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #19 on: April 05, 2010, 09:48:10 PM »

Didn't Governor Jbrase already appoint SPC's replacement?
I did, as soon as deldem swears in it'll be offcial.
CatoMinor
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #20 on: April 06, 2010, 08:32:47 PM »

Welcome back!
CatoMinor
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #21 on: April 07, 2010, 09:00:24 PM »

informally debating Nuevas Tejas
CatoMinor
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #22 on: April 10, 2010, 10:10:47 AM »

Thanks. But please make sure that there is a section that sends this bill/referendum/whatever to the Senate for approval, it there isn't, and it''s passed and signed, I will take legal action.
It covers it. you asked about this already, remember?

To split Texas into two states, you might need authorization from the Senate, as stated in Article IV, Section 2, Clause 2:

the bill covers that, after the region agrees upon it then a request is sent to the senate
CatoMinor
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #23 on: April 12, 2010, 11:15:38 PM »

aww, well I had to try.
CatoMinor
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #24 on: April 18, 2010, 10:10:32 PM »

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length