The Imperial Dominion of the South's Legislature
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 05:52:23 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government
  Regional Governments (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The Imperial Dominion of the South's Legislature
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 66 67 68 69 70 [71] 72 73 74 75 76 ... 170
Author Topic: The Imperial Dominion of the South's Legislature  (Read 301349 times)
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1750 on: July 09, 2011, 03:00:22 PM »

What's next the Uber Allies Act or the two acts created by Sanchez?

You're the Speaker, so it's your job to determine the order of the bills that the Legislature considers. For clarity's sake, I suggest you decide on an order to address the four bills in now.
Dancing with Myself
tb75
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1751 on: July 09, 2011, 03:10:07 PM »

I am now introducing this bill for debate:

The IDS Uber Alles Act

1. In the name of expanding our glorius region, The Imperial Dominion of the South shall begin negotiations with the Midwest on the topic of giving control of Oklahoma to the IDS.
2a. The IDS shall offer in return 100 crates filled with bottles of Jack Daniels Whisky.
2b. Section 2a shall be subject to change pending the final terms of the agreement.
3. Should the IDS and the Midwest agre on terms, the Ids shall vote on admitting Oklahoma to the Region, pending consent of the Midwest and Senate.
CatoMinor
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1752 on: July 09, 2011, 03:17:37 PM »

Considering what is in the bill, I think PiT should chime in on this one.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #1753 on: July 09, 2011, 03:21:23 PM »

Considering what is in the bill, I think PiT should chime in on this one.
Agreed. This is highly important. What is the fiscal situation of this bill?
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1754 on: July 09, 2011, 03:36:58 PM »

Oklahoma carries with it an expenditure of $17.3 billion. I estimate that it would carry with it a revenue of $28.7 billion, though that's a rather rough estimate.
Yelnoc
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1755 on: July 09, 2011, 06:43:11 PM »

Legislation is NOT the way to go about this.  A treaty with the Midwest is the only way to go about it.  If inter-regional treaties are outlawed by the Atlasian Constitution (they are illegal in the US Constitution) the federal government will have to become involved.  I suggest PiT start by contacting the Prime Verin.

As he pointed out, Oklahoma would, on the surface, provide an economic boon.  You might want to check the voter rolls to see who you would be bringing into the IDS.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1756 on: July 09, 2011, 06:58:21 PM »

Legislation is NOT the way to go about this.  A treaty with the Midwest is the only way to go about it.  If inter-regional treaties are outlawed by the Atlasian Constitution (they are illegal in the US Constitution) the federal government will have to become involved.  I suggest PiT start by contacting the Prime Verin.

As he pointed out, Oklahoma would, on the surface, provide an economic boon.  You might want to check the voter rolls to see who you would be bringing into the IDS.

As I understand it, the main purpose of this law is to indicate that our region's government is interested in trying to reach a deal over Oklahoma. As the current bill acknowledges, we will ultimately need the Senate to pass a law making this transaction official.
Yelnoc
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1757 on: July 09, 2011, 08:17:05 PM »

As I understand it, the main purpose of this law is to indicate that our region's government is interested in trying to reach a deal over Oklahoma. As the current bill acknowledges, we will ultimately need the Senate to pass a law making this transaction official.
Seems like a piece of useless legislation.  Rather than spending a week passing it, you might as well begin negotiations directly.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1758 on: July 09, 2011, 09:30:31 PM »

Seems like a piece of useless legislation.  Rather than spending a week passing it, you might as well begin negotiations directly.

Come to think of it, you do have a point. The bill is also a bit too specific. If the Prime Verin were to message me right now & say 1000 crates or no deal, I'd still be legally obligated to offer 100 crates, which would be a waste of time.
Dancing with Myself
tb75
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1759 on: July 09, 2011, 10:00:10 PM »

Come to think of it, you do have a point. The bill is also a bit too specific. If the Prime Verin were to message me right now & say 1000 crates or no deal, I'd still be legally obligated to offer 100 crates, which would be a waste of time.

So do you want me to withdraw it?
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1760 on: July 09, 2011, 11:34:50 PM »

So do you want me to withdraw it?

Yeah, there's probably not much point to this. I'll try to contact the Prime Verin tonight or tomorrow, try to start negotiations.
Dancing with Myself
tb75
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1761 on: July 10, 2011, 12:58:22 PM »
« Edited: July 10, 2011, 02:22:00 PM by Imperial Speaker tb75 »

The Uber Allies act has been withdrawn, and the I am now putting this IDS Constitutional Amendment up for debate:

Amendment to the IDS Constitution
Article II:

9. In case of a situation where one or two members of the IDS legislature seats are empty, The Viceroy can participate as a member of the legislature. The Viceroy can also do the basic legislative actions that the members are allowed to do.

Dancing with Myself
tb75
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1762 on: July 10, 2011, 01:03:55 PM »

I created this amendment in case we end up in the Situation that I end up being elected as Viceroy and Jbrase is elected to the senate seat, so we will not have to shut the thread down until we get more legislatures.

Don't take this the wrong way, I want to be elected Viceroy I Just came up with a plan to help us out.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1763 on: July 10, 2011, 01:17:31 PM »
« Edited: July 10, 2011, 09:07:34 PM by Emperor PiT »

I suggest eliminating "to achieve quorum". With that language in there, the Viceroy would actually be bound to wait until there are two vacancies before stepping in. With that said, I like this bill a lot. Even in an ideal world it would take time to find replacement Legislators & this would allow the Legislature to continue functioning without interruption while also making the position of Viceroy more attractive overall.
Dancing with Myself
tb75
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1764 on: July 10, 2011, 02:22:44 PM »

I fixed it, what do you guys think?
CatoMinor
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1765 on: July 10, 2011, 02:23:29 PM »

Yeah, there's probably not much point to this. I'll try to contact the Prime Verin tonight or tomorrow, try to start negotiations.

We should add X amount of Coke to the deal as well, our regions most valuable natural resource. Grin
CatoMinor
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1766 on: July 10, 2011, 02:24:24 PM »

I like it
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1767 on: July 10, 2011, 08:07:55 PM »

Since it only will last until another member is appointed, I am for it. If TB75 is to be Viceroy, and JBrase enters the Senate, I would like to announce that I will seek the position of Speaker, only if available.
Dancing with Myself
tb75
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1768 on: July 10, 2011, 08:14:28 PM »

Alright guys, the vote is open
CatoMinor
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1769 on: July 10, 2011, 11:07:41 PM »

Aye
Dancing with Myself
tb75
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1770 on: July 10, 2011, 11:17:04 PM »

Aye
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1771 on: July 11, 2011, 08:14:45 PM »

Aye
Dancing with Myself
tb75
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1772 on: July 11, 2011, 08:32:20 PM »

The Amendment has passed 3-0. What happens next?
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1773 on: July 11, 2011, 08:34:12 PM »

The two acts I offered, one condemning the charges on former President Tmforthu, the other welcoming South Sudan into the pool of nations.
Dancing with Myself
tb75
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1774 on: July 11, 2011, 08:54:55 PM »

The two acts I offered, one condemning the charges on former President Tmforthu, the other welcoming South Sudan into the pool of nations.

I was talking about the amendment. We will be getting to those though
Pages: 1 ... 66 67 68 69 70 [71] 72 73 74 75 76 ... 170  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies