Your opinion of the following #4...
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 05:42:16 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Your opinion of the following #4...
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Your opinion of the following #4...  (Read 2397 times)
Rob
Bob
Junior Chimp
United States
Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -9.39

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: April 06, 2005, 12:03:42 AM »

Maybe you'll even get some of them to change their minds on things they now take to be gospel.

Its tough.  When you speculate about 2008 over there and mention names like Warner, Bayh, or Bredesen.  The lynch mob comes out of the wood work.

LOL, I bet. A lot of those people probably think Hillary is a right winger, let alone those three.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix
E: 7.61, S: 0.00

« Reply #26 on: April 06, 2005, 12:05:54 AM »

FreeRepublic.com - Neutral
The Wall Street Journal - Neutral
Ann Coulter - Positive
Trent Lott - Very Positive (misunderstood)

DemocraticUnderground.com - Negative
The New York Times - Positive
Noam Chomsky - Negative
Barbara Boxer - Very negative
ATFFL
Junior Chimp
« Reply #27 on: April 06, 2005, 07:07:37 AM »

FreeRepublic.com - Positive (Mostly drivel but they have a really well written and incisive article now and then.  Not to mention the grandaddy of all overhyped adn hyper political sites.)
The Wall Street Journal - Positive
Ann Coulter - Positive
Trent Lott - Neutral 

DemocraticUnderground.com - Positive  (THink Free Republic without any of the positives.  They do more to recruit moderate Democrats into the GOP than anyone else though, so I see them as a positive force keeping liberals out of power.)

The New York Times - Neutral (Love everything but the news and editorials.  The editorials I don't mind, but I hate when they get full adn they want to write more editorials so they put them in the news section and hope no one notices.  Sadly the news pages, the most important in a newspaper are bunk.

Noam Chomsky - More Negative Than You Think (Met the man.  Is a flaming idiot who thinks his linguistics theories, many of which have been improved upon by others, are gospel and make him more in tune with politics and economics than people who have studied politics and economics.)

Barbara Boxer - Negative
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #28 on: April 06, 2005, 08:07:18 AM »

That's very interesting States!  Truth is I think both are excellent papers, though I voted Negative on the WSJ just because of its Republicanism.   
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix
E: 7.61, S: 0.00

« Reply #29 on: April 07, 2005, 12:45:14 AM »

That's very interesting States!  Truth is I think both are excellent papers, though I voted Negative on the WSJ just because of its Republicanism.   

WSJ just bores me. I'm not into financial bs all that much. The NYT isn't as bad as some think it is. They do have some biased articles and of course the opinion page has a left slant, but what paper doesnt have a slanted opinion page? I think its an excellent paper overall with a long publishing history and has a lot of respect overall.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies