This Once Great Movement Of Ours (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 06:27:13 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  This Once Great Movement Of Ours (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: This Once Great Movement Of Ours  (Read 155682 times)
AustralianSwingVoter
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
Australia

« on: July 25, 2022, 09:02:26 AM »

(its increasingly reminiscent of the 2019-2022 Australian Labor Party, ‘we don’t actually have different policies, but we want a better country and we’re not those dodgy conservatives’).
Though the ALP (for all its faults) actually formulated their new platform and made it crystal clear what policies they were and weren’t abandoning.
AustralianSwingVoter
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2022, 07:01:31 AM »

Say, wasn’t Sheffield Central Perkins’s constituency in A Very British Coup?
AustralianSwingVoter
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2023, 04:20:03 AM »

How the Australian Labor Party taught Keir Starmer to fight dirty

Lmao. So so dumb.
AustralianSwingVoter
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2023, 09:01:49 AM »

Isn't boats the strategy the SNP is using in Glasgow?

You could kill two birds with one stone, house asylum seekers in the unfinished CalMac ferries!
AustralianSwingVoter
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2023, 08:41:41 AM »

Excellent rant, and like most excellent rants a fundamentally justified one Smiley

I would say it is if anything worse that that, though. These people - who strut around the corridors of Westminster as if they owned the place, viewing actual elected Labour politicians as their expendable pawns - have an actual worldview that can best be described as a mishmash of the very worst aspects of The Thick Of It and The West Wing. Quite simply, totally unserious people - and it is one of the many failings of our lobby hacks that they continue to indulge them.

(btw there is a good chance that the person continually running this one is the same as the sad git who used to brief "StArMeR wIlL oNlY bE a ReAl LeAdEr OnCe He HaS sAcKeD rAyNer AnD MiLiBaNd" every other week, until it finally became obvious even to lobby parasites that wasn't going anywhere)

Yes: no understanding of politics beyond It In of Thick The and "wow I want to be just like Malcolm Tucker from the tee vee ⦂)"

Individuals who watch Ianucci shows and think “gee this sure is a great inspiration for managing people irl” are medically fascinating in their absurdity.
AustralianSwingVoter
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2023, 08:06:31 AM »

Sue Gray is an Andy Burnham mole confirmed
AustralianSwingVoter
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2024, 09:17:58 AM »

My highlight at any conference or event is when the Red Flag gets sung and the awkward back and forth as senior politicians have to remember what the latest line is on how you react to it.

How on earth did Labour end with a German Christmas song as the melody for their party hymn? I can't stop laughing, at the moment.

O Tannenbaum's melody is also used for the state songs of Iowa (The Song of Iowa), Michigan (Michigan, My Michigan), and the former state songs of Florida (Florida, My Florida) and Maryland (Maryland, My Maryland)
AustralianSwingVoter
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2024, 11:13:24 AM »

The cursed 52-48 strikes again, I notice.
AustralianSwingVoter
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2024, 10:18:09 AM »

If Keir festooned himself in the St George’s Cross some Telegraph columnist would probably accuse him of revealing a secret agenda to break up the union, at least I wouldn’t put it past them.
AustralianSwingVoter
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2024, 10:23:34 AM »

Then again people probably thought that about Major too.

The idea seemed so absurd for someone so grey that Spitting Image made a running joke of it at the time. Unfortunately they picked Virginia Bottomley, must’ve been kicking themselves when the Currie story came out.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies