Leaving the USA if Obama Wins.... (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 07:48:27 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Leaving the USA if Obama Wins.... (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Leaving the USA if Obama Wins....  (Read 4016 times)
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« on: October 30, 2008, 01:27:49 AM »

I sometimes wish the insane would actually stand by their crazy sh**t when the chips are down.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2008, 01:30:33 AM »
« Edited: October 30, 2008, 01:41:45 AM by dead0man »

Nowhere.

There are plenty of places lefties can go if they want to vote with their feet.  There is no other country with policies (constitutional protections, free market, traditional values) that would appeal to conservatives.

Actually, what about Ireland?

One of the few countries with a higher GDP per capita than the US, low corporate tax rates, rather traditional social values, all around nice place.

Just suffering from the hangover of a really long credit-driven boom...

Sounds like another country I might have heard of somewhere. Although in fact Poland is probably a better bet for these sorts of people anyway.

Estonia would be even better right?  But either place is to close to MotherRussia for any hard righty to go to, unless they want to help "bring the fight" or something over the top insane like that.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2008, 11:10:28 PM »

Costa Rica has a very large American ex-Pat population (I believe the highest of any nation by percentage of total population).  Hell, that's where Toby went and broke his neck before ever even getting to the beach.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2008, 07:10:07 PM »

Slate did a story on this question:

http://www.slate.com/id/2202070/

Leading options seemed to be Israel, Poland, and the Cayman Islands.

doesn't Israel have immigration laws that you have to have jewish ancestry? but if not it probably would be one of the best places for rightwingers to go.

No, but being Jewish means you automatically get citizenship.

What if you converted to Judaism for the jokes?
I've got an aunt on my Mom's side that converted when I was a kid and my Mom always said she did it because she wanted to be rich...and since all Jews are rich... Roll Eyes

Of course last Summer I learned my Mom was under the assumption Obama was a Muslim so I'm not sure how much I can trust her when it comes to matters of religion.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies