Democrats: If you lose Florida and Ohio, do you still feel confident of victory? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 17, 2024, 11:48:52 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  Democrats: If you lose Florida and Ohio, do you still feel confident of victory? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Democrats: If you lose Florida and Ohio, do you still feel confident of victory?  (Read 6247 times)
MODU
Atlas Star
United States

« on: March 25, 2008, 07:54:35 AM »

I think they could lose Florida and still have a comfortable shot at winning, as long as they don't lose PA.  However, if they've lost Ohio, then they've already lost FL and PA, and the game will be pretty much over.
MODU
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2008, 08:19:11 AM »

I think they could lose Florida and still have a comfortable shot at winning, as long as they don't lose PA.  However, if they've lost Ohio, then they've already lost FL and PA, and the game will be pretty much over.

I just can't see them losing such huge states that are usually good indicators of a 50/50 country (IE: Florida, Ohio) and then have western states that went for George Bush NOT go for John McCain.

That's why I think they can lose Florida but still carry PA and OH.  They are all close to the center as far as voter turnout.  I think in this current match-up, Ohio is leaning more Dem, PA is on the balance, and Florida is leaning Rep.  So as long as the Dems carry OH and PA, they can afford to lose FL if they pick up something in the Great Lakes or midwest areas.  However, they can carry OH and still lose the election if the Reps can claim PA.  And of course, if the Reps get OH, it's all over.
MODU
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2008, 09:05:49 AM »

That's just my theory as of late. If George Bush can win those states...why can't John McCain win AND THEN SOME?

Bush isn't running (I thought it was just the Dems that didn't have this figured out).  McCain and Bush are two different people, just as Obama/Killary are not like Kerry or Gore.  While they are representing the same partisan parties, their platforms, messages, and charisma are all different, and that will impact how the people vote.
MODU
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2008, 02:49:44 PM »

But it is you democrats who keep saying how he is a "George Bush clone".

You've got to look past ignorant talking points and look at reality.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies