Federalist Party Discussion Thread - Discord Regulation. (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 06:30:49 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Federalist Party Discussion Thread - Discord Regulation. (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Federalist Party Discussion Thread - Discord Regulation.  (Read 803 times)
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« on: February 28, 2019, 05:00:29 PM »

So I have done these in the past to avoid cluttering convention threads, with mixed results. My main objective here is to discuss and come up with a comprehensive set of regulations for the Federalist Party Discord.

I think the best way to address this is by discussing all aspects of the issue, in public.

As for non-Federalists, while you are fine to make points and suggestions, disruptive commentary will result in your forceful removal from the premises.

Sets pistol on the table

Now lets have a nice, respectful adult conversation.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2019, 06:25:30 PM »

I think other than campaign strategy threads that can be hidden from non party members the bulk of the discord should be public to non Federalist Atlasians. Other than strategy i dont think we have anything to hide and it will Hopefully eliminate any temptation to unfairly schitpost about others.

Back in 2010 I left Nik and Jbrase on the RPP private forum for that very reason. Of course some people forgot, and started posting crap about the Populares and Jbrase leaked it so I had to remove his access. But Nik remained on the RPP private forum from 2009 unto the present day (it still exists: Latest Post: "Re: NOTHING GONNA STOP T..." ( December 02, 2015, 07:33:42 PM )), despite only spending like two months in the RPP after 2009.

Over time, the general populace has become more and more accepting of party's conducting business in private. In 2009 and 2010, this was scandalous and new, and both the RPP and JCP were criticized on these grounds.

North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2019, 03:45:25 PM »

Ironic that this thread has become demonstrative of our present Discord problems, namely lack of attention to AFE boards.

I know people hate it when I say things like this, but back in the day a similar thread about IRC would be ten pages long by now.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2019, 06:31:38 PM »

The big thing for me is that audit log viewing permissions need to be granted to all members of the channel so that everyone can see if and when a post is deleted.

How does this work?
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2019, 07:35:59 PM »

What are the merits of banning deletions versus just having the audit logs visible?
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2019, 08:23:33 PM »

What are the merits of banning deletions versus just having the audit logs visible?

Well, we could ban deletions, but afaik LT is the only person with the power to delete posts, so such a regulation would only affect him unless we also extend administrative privileges to others (e.g. party leadership).

Well that is another topic we need to discuss. Namely administrative privileges and regulations on their use of power.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2019, 11:58:02 AM »

We should put discord in our bylaws.

Most certainly.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2019, 03:50:05 PM »

I say we should let anyone who wants in, in. If they act like an idiot, they receive the banhammer. It should be that simple.

What does act like an idiot mean? IT is rather subjective.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies