Update for Everyone VI: What Is and What Should Never Be (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 27, 2024, 10:36:25 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update for Everyone VI: What Is and What Should Never Be (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Update for Everyone VI: What Is and What Should Never Be  (Read 141914 times)
Crumpets
Thinking Crumpets Crumpet
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.06, S: -6.52

« on: January 03, 2018, 09:51:31 PM »

One of my best friends appears to be somewhat missing. Knowing him, it's not unusual for him to disappear from society for a while, but he deleted his Facebook page and doesn't seem to be responding to anyone on any medium - which has me worried. The only person who might know his whereabouts is his boyfriend, but I've never met him (I suspect there's a reason for that), and I don't really feel like prying too much.

To add to the weirdness, he cancelled a get-together with me and another friend at the last minute on Saturday, but said he could reschedule for Monday, and hasn't responded to anything from us after that. He is a pretty free-spirited person who is notorious for being flakey, but needless to say, I'm concerned.
Crumpets
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2018, 11:53:46 PM »

Someone left a note in the tip jar at work today addressed to me reading "We should be friends! Give me a call -Lettie" but with no phone number. She seemed really nice, but I don't have any means of contacting her, and now I'm worried that when she doesn't hear from me, she won't come back.
Crumpets
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2018, 12:22:09 AM »

Anthony Scaramucci just followed a friend of mine on Twitter.
Crumpets
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2018, 02:03:26 AM »

Hey, everyone, I think I'm going to (permanently) leave the forum. I had a great time here, and I wish everyone the best in their future endeavors. Sorry for all my unfinished business, TL, etc. Some stuff has come up in my life and I think I need a major change in order to address it. I can no longer afford the luxury of spending time on here.

So long, and thanks for all the memories, friends!

I'm sad to see you go. I've really enjoyed your posts, and I hope you'll check back in sometime. Good luck and God bless. Purple heart
Crumpets
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2018, 07:18:54 PM »
« Edited: April 15, 2018, 12:05:26 AM by Crumpets »

Got stood up for the second time in three months - clearly I'm doing something wrong, but they don't even show up to give me a hint as to what it might be.

To anybody on Atlas who has done this, what factors might make you say yes to going out with someone, but then change your mind at the last minute without telling them?
Crumpets
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2018, 08:00:06 PM »

Got stood up for the second time in three months - clearly I'm doing something wrong, but they don't even show up to give me a hint as to what it might be.

To anybody on Atlas who has done this, what factors might make you say yes to going out with someone, but then change your mind at the last minute without telling them?
Feeling sorry for him at the time, thean realizing that ismt a good rewson to potentially start a relationship.

Can you please stop posting?
Crumpets - I can guarantee this illiterate gibberish definitely does not apply to you - not that you would take it seriously. I don't know what's happening with limited visibility to the beginnings of straight dating as it is, but I'm sorry someone would act so awfully towards you. The good in me wants to chalk it up to miscommunication, but if there is specific timing being involved, I don't know how easy it is to buy into that. Perhaps misreading tone/excitement, but still unlikely. If I want to believe in the good in people, maybe nerves or maybe they don't want to do more than text yet don't want to hurt your hopeful spirits. Very sorry - you clearly deserve better.

Thank you, that's very nice of you to say. Smiley At least with the second girl I have a mutual friend who told me that she's "going through a lot right now" and became really withdrawn in the days before we were supposed to meet up, so that's understandable and kind of sad. The first girl was an odd person all around, and I have no idea what the story was there, especially because she was the one who more or less took the lead on us meeting up in the first place. I think everyone is just sort of cursed to be more attracted to flighty and "risky" people, and the ones who are solid as a rock and always there for you are the ones you tend to friendzone.
Crumpets
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2018, 07:54:35 PM »

I saw Emmanuel Macron today! First time I've ever seen a sitting world leader.
Crumpets
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2018, 08:56:19 PM »

Ha! I have functioning wifi in my apartment for the first time since about Memorial Day. My impatience for typing things out on my phone shall no longer hinder my effort posts. >Surprise
Crumpets
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2018, 06:47:11 PM »

Massively sketchy and growing spot on my ceiling over my bed. Just submitted my first work order to my apartment. The one downside to not having another apartment above yours is that you're the first line of defense against leaks. Thank goodness there isn't a massive hurricane on its way or anything. Tongue
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies