AZ-SEN 2022 Megathread: Mastering the Art of the Thiel
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 11, 2024, 09:59:04 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  AZ-SEN 2022 Megathread: Mastering the Art of the Thiel
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 ... 33
Author Topic: AZ-SEN 2022 Megathread: Mastering the Art of the Thiel  (Read 45426 times)
SnowLabrador
Junior Chimp
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #175 on: October 27, 2021, 02:36:22 PM »

https://twitter.com/HotlineJosh/status/1453390235149209600

Reportedly Ducey is reconsidering. I hope he does run, that might be the only way Kelly wins. That said, I don't think he's going to.
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -1.39

P P P

« Reply #176 on: October 27, 2021, 04:09:51 PM »

Doug Ducey will go nowhere, first of, he wouldn't win a primary, but putting that aside, I'm not convinced he significantly improves the chances of Republicans here, Democrats and left-leaning independents are not fond of how he handled the coronavirus. He could win, but I'm not convinced he's that much better of a candidate or better at all, than say Brnovich.
MT Treasurer
IndyRep
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #177 on: October 27, 2021, 04:29:05 PM »

Doug Ducey will go nowhere, first of, he wouldn't win a primary, but putting that aside, I'm not convinced he significantly improves the chances of Republicans here, Democrats and left-leaning independents are not fond of how he handled the coronavirus. He could win, but I'm not convinced he's that much better of a candidate or better at all, than say Brnovich.

"Candidate with the highest name recognition must be the most 'electable' candidate" is such lazy pundit/political operative logic. I feel like the GOP would be better served recruiting more businessmen in many of these races/states where their current bench is rather unimpressive (esp. OH, PA, AZ, NV).
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #178 on: October 27, 2021, 10:04:36 PM »

The Rs exhausted their bench with Walker, Toomey, Johnson Portman and McCain, Toomey should have lost to Sestak, in with 2010/2016 and Kirk and Rauner maxed out the R bench in IL and Rauner got thhr Kirk Dillard vote, and Dillard was the Edgar candidate not Rauner that's why he lost badly in 2018

There aren't any Businessmen Josh Mandel is tied in the polls with Ryan at 38 and Fetterman is a Bob Casey Jr clone

"Candidate with the highest name recognition must be the most 'electable' candidate" is such lazy pundit/political operative logic. I feel like the GOP would be better served recruiting more businessmen in many of these races/states where their current bench is rather unimpressive (esp. OH, PA, AZ, NV).
mtvoter
United States
« Reply #179 on: October 28, 2021, 10:54:42 AM »

Cringe
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #180 on: October 28, 2021, 12:52:23 PM »

This race is Tossup not Tilt R
Shaula🏳️‍⚧️
The Pieman
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #181 on: October 28, 2021, 06:37:16 PM »

Unless Gosar/Biggs runs, Trump will endorse Masters and he will win the primary.
Brnovich is a McCain Republican and Trump will not let him anywhere near the nomination.
MATTROSE94
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -6.43

P P P
« Reply #182 on: October 28, 2021, 06:53:07 PM »

Unless Gosar/Biggs runs, Trump will endorse Masters and he will win the primary.
Brnovich is a McCain Republican and Trump will not let him anywhere near the nomination.
I don't think Blake Masters would win if he wins the nomination and will probably lose 52-48 against Mark Kelly.
Shaula🏳️‍⚧️
The Pieman
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #183 on: October 28, 2021, 10:28:37 PM »

I don't think Blake Masters would win if he wins the nomination and will probably lose 52-48 against Mark Kelly.
I don't know, he doesn't act very far-right, even if he is. He has that 2020 Hawley-like populist persona and pulls it off well. Either way, people shouldn't assume Brnovich is the nominee, Trump is gonna get involved.
😥
andjey
Junior Chimp
Ukraine
« Reply #184 on: November 06, 2021, 09:50:12 AM »

https://www.politico.com/news/2021/11/06/trump-arizona-senate-primary-519779

Former President Donald Trump is scheduled to attend a fundraiser next week for Arizona Republican Blake Masters, marking his first foray into the state’s contentious GOP Senate primary.

The fundraiser, according to an invitation obtained by POLITICO, is being held Wednesday night at Trump’s Mar-a-Lago Club in Palm Beach, a popular venue for candidates seeking to build goodwill with the former president. While Trump this fall endorsed candidates for Arizona governor and secretary of state, he has so far publicly stayed out of the Senate race.

It’s unclear whether Trump intends to endorse Masters or is still weighing other candidates in the Senate primary. The private reception costs $2,900 per person, though donors or couples raising $25,000 ahead of the event can also have their photo taken with Trump, according to the invitation.
SnowLabrador
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #185 on: November 06, 2021, 09:57:58 AM »

Congratulations, Senator-elect Masters.
Shaula🏳️‍⚧️
The Pieman
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #186 on: November 06, 2021, 08:14:19 PM »

Masters appears more moderate than Brnovich, he will win
Roll Roons
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #187 on: November 09, 2021, 03:24:20 PM »

Is this REALLY the hill these people want to die on? Kelly is certainly far from unbeatable, but this is what we mean when we say the GOP could nominate someone who might blow it.
MATTROSE94
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -6.43

P P P
« Reply #188 on: November 09, 2021, 03:40:09 PM »

I don’t think Blake Masters will defeat Mark Kelly if he gets the nomination and will instead lose 51-47.
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #189 on: November 09, 2021, 03:45:26 PM »

While Masters would probably be a weaker opponent than Brnovich, I don't think it's a given that Kelly would win in the kind of environment he'd likely be facing, and I'd still consider it the most likely seat to flip to the Republicans.
Grassroots
Grassr00ts
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.94, S: 2.09

P P P
« Reply #190 on: November 10, 2021, 10:29:33 AM »

Is this REALLY the hill these people want to die on? Kelly is certainly far from unbeatable, but this is what we mean when we say the GOP could nominate someone who might blow it.
Important to note that he's not saying anything about ballots in that video, rather he's talking about how one sided social media censorship made the election unfair from the beginning, which is factually true.
xavier110
United States
« Reply #191 on: November 10, 2021, 11:01:55 AM »

While Masters would probably be a weaker opponent than Brnovich, I don't think it's a given that Kelly would win in the kind of environment he'd likely be facing, and I'd still consider it the most likely seat to flip to the Republicans.

Actually, I disagree. Masters could end up being a better nominee than Brno, who’s twisted himself into a pretzel and is very easily caricatured as a craven, amoral politician.

Masters is young and fairly charismatic, even if it means we are basically electing a straight Peter Thiel to the Senate. I expect him to pull ahead in the primary.

Either way, Kelly is the underdog.
Lognog
United States

« Reply #192 on: November 10, 2021, 11:36:13 AM »

Important to note that he's not saying anything about ballots in that video, rather he's talking about how one sided social media censorship made the election unfair from the beginning, which is factually true.

The reason it was one sided is becuase as it happens one side was spreading lies about the election and the other wasn't
Grassroots
Grassr00ts
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.94, S: 2.09

P P P
« Reply #193 on: November 10, 2021, 02:21:16 PM »

The reason it was one sided is becuase as it happens one side was spreading lies about the election and the other wasn't

Censorship before the election, not after.
Lognog
United States

« Reply #194 on: November 11, 2021, 12:22:20 PM »

Censorship before the election, not after.

Yes, that was happening before the election too
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #195 on: November 11, 2021, 08:52:47 PM »

So much censorship. I mean all Trump had was the most watched cable news network, 95% of everything political related on YouTube and Hunter Biden trending on Twitter every day. So much censorship 😭
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -1.39

P P P

« Reply #196 on: November 12, 2021, 11:55:39 PM »

I'm not sure where this idea of Brnovich being weak comes from, this is probably the state more than any other where literally any Republican other Trump would've won in 2020. Brnovich's strength is he can appeal to voters who voted for Biden, but probably still consider themselves Republicans/conservatives on the issues of the day. Maybe there's an argument that his perceived moderation depresses base turnout, but I don't see it, he's done a fine job of toeing the line between appealing to the base and to swing voters, it may be all for naught, as Trump seems eager to nuke him. Masters, Biggs, or whoever Trump endorses absolutely could win, but it'd push what'd probably be a lean Republican race with Brnovich into the Tossup range. I agree with what most of the others in this thread are saying if Republicans lose this race, they only have themselves to blame. This isn't about turnout like Nevada, this is a state where at least for now, the swing voters are very amenable to supporting them, and they could possibly blow all of that with a bad primary. If Brnovich loses the primary, and Republicans go on to lose this race, add this onto the long pile of Republican primary voter own goals. (CO 2010, DE 2010, NV 2010, IN 2012, MO 2012, WV 2018, MT 2018)
Umengus
Belgium

« Reply #197 on: November 13, 2021, 10:49:46 AM »

yes, he's right. I would vote for him if I lived in AZ.
ElectionsGuy
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: 7.10, S: -7.65

P P
« Reply #198 on: November 13, 2021, 11:18:15 AM »

So much censorship. I mean all Trump had was the most watched cable news network, 95% of everything political related on YouTube and Hunter Biden trending on Twitter every day. So much censorship 😭

Hunter Biden was trending on Twitter because they didn't allow you to share a factual article because it was falsely claimed by corporate media to be "Russian disinformation".

And yes, there's one giant right-wing news network. Plus a few others like Daily Wire, NYPost, and Newsmax. Every other big news outlet + [and this is significant] all the tech giants (YT, Twitter, Facebook) all are pretty much the mouthpieces of establishment Democrats. Twitter running anti-Rittenhouse news articles in the "What's Happening" bar is just the weekly example of left-wing propaganda they promote.
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #199 on: November 13, 2021, 12:44:56 PM »

Hunter Biden was trending on Twitter because they didn't allow you to share a factual article because it was falsely claimed by corporate media to be "Russian disinformation".

And yes, there's one giant right-wing news network. Plus a few others like Daily Wire, NYPost, and Newsmax. Every other big news outlet + [and this is significant] all the tech giants (YT, Twitter, Facebook) all are pretty much the mouthpieces of establishment Democrats. Twitter running anti-Rittenhouse news articles in the "What's Happening" bar is just the weekly example of left-wing propaganda they promote.
Again 95% of YouTube politically commentary is far-right and pro-Trump and if you are seriously arguing that Facebook suppresses pro-Trump content then you seriously are living in a alternate reality to the rest of us
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 ... 33  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies